Am I Right In Understanding about amazon returns

That if I order a watch off amazon and I don't like it I'm going to have to pay to return it?
Thanks
Jack:)

8 Comments

Yep. Legally if theres no fault with the watch etc then their not obliged to take it back even if its for the reason of "dont like it".

However, Amazon's Company return policy may allow you to return it in order for a refund or credit but the return will be at your own cost. Cheers.

Original Poster

Sorry my bad :embarrassed:
Repped both

StevenA2000_uk;3255120

Yep. Legally if theres no fault with the watch etc then their not … Yep. Legally if theres no fault with the watch etc then their not obliged to take it back even if its for the reason of "dont like it".

Doesnt the 'Distant Selling Regulations' mean that you can legally return items purchased online? Not meaning to correct you, just that I have always thought this.

Doesnt the 'Distant Selling Regulations' mean that you can legally return … Doesnt the 'Distant Selling Regulations' mean that you can legally return items purchased online? Not meaning to correct you, just that I have always thought this.

Yes, but the OPs question was at who's cost. The distance selling rule you're referring to is absolutely correct, however if you return an item solely on the basis that you dont like it then the company is not obliged to pay for its return, its the customer responsibility to return the item at their cost unless the companys return policy dictates otherwise, and not many companies offer this I can guarantee you that much.

when i returned books to amazon i had the option of paying to post it or sending it back free by courier.

StevenA2000_uk;3256009

Yes, but the OPs question was at who's cost. The distance selling rule … Yes, but the OPs question was at who's cost. The distance selling rule you're referring to is absolutely correct, however if you return an item solely on the basis that you dont like it then the company is not obliged to pay for its return, its the customer responsibility to return the item at their cost unless the companys return policy dictates otherwise, and not many companies offer this I can guarantee you that much.

I was just quoting what you was saying on '...not obliged to'
Anyways, thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:.

Original Poster

ok cool
thanks for all the responses
anyone else sent anything back to amazon?

Hey, have done exactly this myself, you can return the product if you don;t like it, they will refund you but you have to pay for postage

Hope this helps!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay410
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764325
    3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial11
    4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1222

See more discussions