Groups

Am looking for the answer to a drinks quiz from the Daily Telegraph today (Sat 31.12.16) The question is:What word collects the following; please explain the connection in each case: (a) Elqui Valley, Chile (b) Clos de los Siete, Mendoza, Argentina

quiz question

6 Comments

wine - google the connections

It's not one word, but they are either side of the Andes mountain range that creates a boarder between Chile and Argentina, where the plane crashed for the film "Alive" to be set.
    (I thought wine would be too obvious?)
    Edited by: "deviouspaul" 31st Dec 2016

As post above me has stated - first impression is definitely WINE...... Unless there is some other deep deep connection?!! LOL!

deviouspaul

It's not one word, but they are either side of the Andes mountain range … It's not one word, but they are either side of the Andes mountain range that creates a boarder between Chile and Argentina, where the plane crashed for the film "Alive" to be set.

so the one-word connection would be..... Andes
    Edited by: "aau1" 31st Dec 2016

Malbec

I thought it was ANDES as Elqui valley runs from Pacific to foot of Andes, Clos de Los Siete wine grapes are grown at foot of Andes & Giuseppe Sesti has written books on ancient calendar systems of which the Andean people (from the Andes) are well known. TBH I now think it might simply be WINE. a. Is a wine region. b. Is a wine. c. Is a winemaker. I may well of overthought it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best VR games?22
      2. What to do?????23
      3. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      4. Good Sim only deals??611

See more discussions