Am loving all the Union Flag stuff around at the moment what is your favourite?

50 replies
Found 30th May 2012
And are there any good deals on stuff?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
50 Comments

As much as I love the union flag that is one ugly looking watch.

Banned

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EaC9HVj0iLM/Ts3dbdOMQvI/AAAAAAAAAWA/1hB8HMdaAMk/s1600/Union_Jack_Sneak_Peak_grande.jpg

Body suit from argos look mint. Will post a piccy later if I remember.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y6_9rJ-gLlc/T4WdUfBsy8I/AAAAAAAAC0Q/StJW_HOqBsc/s1600/BLOG+001.JPG

Banned

Plum, where did you get the bin from?

make the most of your flags outside cos once this is all over the councils will make you take them all down or fine you

bargainhunter4790

Plum, where did you get the bin from?

Not got one, but I love the symbolism.

Im not too keen on the full on tackiness of it all, but my kids need union jack clothing for Friday.

So went with a Rolling stones top for my little man, its not too full on and its something he can wear again and again, My girls have a couple of cute dog tops with union jack so once again not restricted to 1 days wear. I did get the girls Union jack hair bands though which are full on,

No thanks.

anyone gonna go in the street and have a party with the neighbours?

I bloody wont be thats for certain. buch of ****holes they are - the bad ones outweigh the good ones...all the good ones will be either stuck in, or miles away from it, I think I'll go somewhere. They will be out probably smashing up the place. It wont be like the previous jubilee. bah humbug

The dresses I've made both my girls for school on friday very proud of them!

Banned

Plum

Not got one, but I love the symbolism.

Are you saying Great Britain is rubbish?

Banned

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/british-panties-6.jpg

Were having a big street party, with face paints, bouncy castle, big twisters board, bingo, dj, pass the parcel etc....got it all worked out.

Coffee morning starting at 12.00 with cakes etc. going on till 9.00pm with drinks.

We have all paid £5 per head for a BBQ prizes for the kids etc.

Just hope the weather holds out !

2sly

Are you saying Great Britain is rubbish?

I am saying the idea that I have more in common with some inbred family of sponging good for nothings than I do with struggling and hard working people who happen to live under a different national flag is rubbish.

I would further say that celebrating one over privileged old lady while our NHS fails to deliver adequate and dignified care to thousands of struggling pensioners is immoral.

I would also suggest that the jingoism that leads to sticking a Union Jack on everyday objects when given any real thought is demeaning to those that believe in this symbol of inequality and division.

Plum

I am saying the idea that I have more in common with some inbred family … I am saying the idea that I have more in common with some inbred family of sponging good for nothings than I do with struggling and hard working people who happen to live under a different national flag is rubbish.I would further say that celebrating one over privileged old lady while our NHS fails to deliver adequate and dignified care to thousands of struggling pensioners is immoral.I would also suggest that the jingoism that leads to sticking a Union Jack on everyday objects when given any real thought is demeaning to those that believe in this symbol of inequality and division.

+1!

2sly

my favourite so far

I will never forget visiting Michigan 3 weeks after 911.

I have never seen such patriotism with just about every home, business and vehicle proudly displaying the stars and stripes.

Sometimes Americans can seem OTT but in the instance, it almost made me feel a want to be a Yank.

Wonderful show of support for their people and loss.

Original Poster

reddit

I will never forget visiting Michigan 3 weeks after 911.I have never seen … I will never forget visiting Michigan 3 weeks after 911.I have never seen such patriotism with just about every home, business and vehicle proudly displaying the stars and stripes.Sometimes Americans can seem OTT but in the instance, it almost made me feel a want to be a Yank.Wonderful show of support for their people and loss.

I was in Florida 6 weeks after 9/11 ppl were so appreciative that we have still come on hol, we got extra discount in stores free starters or puds in restaurants, and the flags were everywhere,

I think if we were a bit more proud of our country things could be better, O and for the record, the Royal family make a net contribution to GB plc of £80m per year even after the money we give them

Original Poster

Plum

love the bin, but I do not keep a bin in the house, I always take stuff str8t out,

Not a huge fan of the flag but......

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01518/jubilee_1518725a.jpg

Original Poster

Hissy Miss

Not a huge fan of the flag but......

do you think they do them in a size 12?

Original Poster

Was in ASDA today lads all in nice ties and the women have union flag body warmer - all looking good

miles136

Was in ASDA today lads all in nice ties and the women have union flag … Was in ASDA today lads all in nice ties and the women have union flag body warmer - all looking good

In english?!

miles136

do you think they do them in a size 12?

I'm sure they'd make a special pair just for you.

Banned

miles136

I think if we were a bit more proud of our country things could be … I think if we were a bit more proud of our country things could be better, O and for the record, the Royal family make a net contribution to GB plc of £80m per year even after the money we give them

People should be proud of their country, but not the Royal Family. They do nothing.

We are the country who gave the world Chaucer, Dickens, Shakespeare, Darwin, Rowling, Dahl, The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zep, Newton and Jony Ive. Those are things to be proud of.

A Royal Family who hold power not through earning it on merit but by their bloodline is nothing to be proud of.

Banned

Its funny because after Princess Diana died the popularity of the Queen and the Royal Family was at its lowest point and there was alot said about getting rid of the monarcy although that would never happen.

Now everyone loves the Queen and the Royal Family (well not quite everyone). Funny how times change.

Banned

2sly

Its funny because after Princess Diana died the popularity of the Queen … Its funny because after Princess Diana died the popularity of the Queen and the Royal Family was at its lowest point and there was alot said about getting rid of the monarcy although that would never happen.Now everyone loves the Queen and the Royal Family (well not quite everyone). Funny how times change.

The public are prisoners of the moment. They moan about out of touch politicians who don't live in the real world and love a Queen who didn't earn power but was given it. It's moronic really.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

The public are prisoners of the moment. They moan about out of touch … The public are prisoners of the moment. They moan about out of touch politicians who don't live in the real world and love a Queen who didn't earn power but was given it. It's moronic really.

Why is it moronic? I mean look at the Queen. She looks gentle, kind and softly spoken. Kind of reminds people of their nan. If you behave she may pinch your cheek and give you a sherbet lemon. Nevermind she was born in to power and wealth. Whats there not to love about her.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

People should be proud of their country, but not the Royal Family. They … People should be proud of their country, but not the Royal Family. They do nothing. We are the country who gave the world Chaucer, Dickens, Shakespeare, Darwin, Rowling, Dahl, The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zep, Newton and Jony Ive. Those are things to be proud of.A Royal Family who hold power not through earning it on merit but by their bloodline is nothing to be proud of.

you make me laugh none of that would have been possible without her 32 great grandfather King Alfred the Great.......we would all be danish. X)

should we just forget about history now we are free......

Edited by: "casparwhite" 31st May 2012

Banned

casparwhite

you make me laugh none of that would have been possible without her 32 … you make me laugh none of that would have been possible without her 32 great grandfather King Alfred the Great.......we would all be danish. X)should we just forget about history now we are free......

What about her Uncle who was a Nazi sympathiser? If he'd stuck around we could be speaking German. Should we ignore that too?

I was brought up to think that people should earn their power in life, not just be given it.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

What about her Uncle who was a Nazi sympathiser? If he'd stuck around we … What about her Uncle who was a Nazi sympathiser? If he'd stuck around we could be speaking German. Should we ignore that too? I was brought up to think that people should earn their power in life, not just be given it.

what do you mean if he stuck around....im not talking about rewriting history like you seem to want to

yes so have i but i do believe the royals have a tough job to live upto the the criticsim from people like you....they do a good job from what i see. the 2 princes having succesful armed foirces careers....yes a bit privileged but thats what you get for being a direct descendent to someone who saved us and put us where we are

Banned

casparwhite

what do you mean if he stuck around....im not talking about rewriting … what do you mean if he stuck around....im not talking about rewriting history like you seem to want toyes so have i but i do believe the royals have a tough job to live upto the the criticsim from people like you....they do a good job from what i see. the 2 princes having succesful armed foirces careers....yes a bit privileged but thats what you get for being a direct descendent to someone who saved us and put us where we are

Again, I don't care about rewarding an individual for something a distant relative did around 12 centuries ago. That is absurdist thinking.

My view is that power should be earned rather than given. I just believe in democracy and meritocracy, although looking at our welfare spending I may well be in the minority.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Again, I don't care about rewarding an individual for something a distant … Again, I don't care about rewarding an individual for something a distant relative did around 12 centuries ago. That is absurdist thinking.My view is that power should be earned rather than given. I just believe in democracy and meritocracy, although looking at our welfare spending I may well be in the minority.

this is why we have a democracy and we elect a prime minister instead of having a ruling monarchy (thats been handed down) ruling over us

are you feeling ok today filth, ur posts seem a bit off?

Banned

casparwhite

this is why we have a democracy and we elect a prime minister instead of … this is why we have a democracy and we elect a prime minister instead of having a ruling monarchy (thats been handed down) ruling over usare you feeling ok today filth, ur posts seem a bit off?

But the royal family still retains a privileged position in British politics. That is what I disagree with.

And I'm feeling fine. My posts are consistent with my other musings which is more than can be said for some others.

Do you two have nothing better to do?..

Original Poster

FF and CW thank you for your controbution - you know you can both create your own threads

SO MEAN WHILE BACK AT THE RANCH

what products have you found?

Banned

miles136

FF and CW thank you for your controbution - you know you can both create … FF and CW thank you for your controbution - you know you can both create your own threadsSO MEAN WHILE BACK AT THE RANCHwhat products have you found?

This thread is fine thanks. Why don't you tell us why we should be proud of having a Royal Family.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75877
    2. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers55

See more discussions