Groups

Am toying with the idea of buying a freeview HD box...

...is it really worth it? I mean, just for a few channels, which we already receive? Is there a real discernible difference in picture quality? I tried asking in Curry's but everything they had on looked good, and I couldn't see a difference... until someone suggested they were all showing blu-rays. Too much confusion for me. Someone just tell me, for £50, is it worth it...?

7 Comments

Banned

I paid £40 for a sky hd box the missus agrees it was worth it.

Original Poster

lumoruk

I paid £40 for a sky hd box the missus agrees it was worth it.

So you can really tell if you're on BBC1 not BBC1HD? (other than missing any irritating screen logos...)

Penny Saver

So you can really tell if you're on BBC1 not BBC1HD? (other than missing … So you can really tell if you're on BBC1 not BBC1HD? (other than missing any irritating screen logos...)

I have a Humax free-sat box and can tell the difference, it depends a lot too if you have your TV set up properly IMO. I got the optimal settings for our TV from over on Av Forums

Banned

Yes. They host some of the hd content on iplayer. You see all their spots wrinkles and individual strands of hair. Makes pretty women and handsome men look ugly.

Make sure you can receive HD freeview before investing

Penny Saver

So you can really tell if you're on BBC1 not BBC1HD? (other than missing … So you can really tell if you're on BBC1 not BBC1HD? (other than missing any irritating screen logos...)

Depends on the TV I guess but there is a massive improvement from BBC to BBC HD for me. That's Sky though not freeview.

Original Poster

Hmm, OK. Thanks guys, don't think I'll bother after all. Who wants to see Phil Mitchell in HD glory anyway?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?913
      2. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11

See more discussions