Groups
    EXPIRED

Amanda Holden loses her unborn baby at 7months pregnant

How awful. She had kept news of this pregnancy secret due to a previous miscarriage and only revealing her pregnancy at 6months.

82 Comments

Original Poster

Thats so sad, a miscarriage in early pregnacy is bad enough, cant imagine what its like so late on.

7 months!, Damn that's horrible.

Original Poster

aunty jane

Thats so sad, a miscarriage in early pregnacy is bad enough, cant imagine … Thats so sad, a miscarriage in early pregnacy is bad enough, cant imagine what its like so late on.

According to that story, she delivered the wee boy on Tuesday

whatsThePoint

she's a total stranger to me, this sort of thing happens daily to people … she's a total stranger to me, this sort of thing happens daily to people i don't know

Same here but i wouldn't wish that on anyone whether i know them or not.
    Edited by: "Goonieman" 5th Feb 2011

Thats tragic....After she kept it a secret for so long as well.

Wow - Wouldn't wish that on anyone....

Original Poster

bellabonkers

Thats tragic....After she kept it a secret for so long as well.

Thought the same thing myself BB. Only kept it quiet due to the other miscarriage she had and wanted to make sure everything was okay this time round.

Horrific.

Terrible news.

Surprised me, I didn't think anything would make me feel sympathy for Amanda Holden.

An utterly awful thing to happen to anyone. 7 months ... so difficult to cope with that.

Banned

Tragic event to happen to anyone.

What would really annoy me is if all my friends/acquaintances used Twitter to tell the world how sorry they were for me!

Terrible, it must have only just come out, none of the other news websites have it.

master_chief

Tragic event to happen to anyone.What would really annoy me is if all my … Tragic event to happen to anyone.What would really annoy me is if all my friends/acquaintances used Twitter to tell the world how sorry they were for me!

You know, that's exactly what I thought. How blinking crass was that?

how awful especially at 7 months

Banned

very sorry for her, but she's 39!!! that's a dinosaur in the world of giving birth.

Banned

whatsThePoint

she's a total stranger to me, this sort of thing happens daily to people … she's a total stranger to me, this sort of thing happens daily to people i don't know

so? does that make it ok or something. Don't really get what you mean

Original Poster

lumoruk

very sorry for her, but she's 39!!! that's a dinosaur in the world of … very sorry for her, but she's 39!!! that's a dinosaur in the world of giving birth.

and?

lumoruk

very sorry for her, but she's 39!!! that's a dinosaur in the world of … very sorry for her, but she's 39!!! that's a dinosaur in the world of giving birth.

lumoruk

Ditto.... what's your point?

Hope she has the support she needs to get through the rest of her life. Bad thing to happen to anyone. especially twice.. =/

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Posted this earlier and then I deleted - but posting it again.

Sadly a member on here had the same thing happen to her last week. I dont know her and neither do any of us, but doesnt stop any of us feeling heart sorry for this horrendous tragedy happening and sending our heartfelt sorrow their way
    Edited by: "bossyboots" 6th Feb 2011

lumoruk

what a load of rubbish, you get women giving birth later and later. my grandmother was born in 1917 and her mother was well into her 40's then.

I really do feel sorry for her having this news all over the place. MIsscarrige is just one of those unfortunate things though, just means it wasn't meant to be.

Banned

I do have sympathy for her and her family.

I don't understand why women who have a history of miscarriage though work so hard in their pregnancies.
    Edited by: "DLM" 6th Feb 2011

lumoruk

wow your … wow your thick[url=http://health.msn.com/pregnancy/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100161311]http://health.msn.com/pregnancy/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100161311[/url]

women at any age can have miss carriges, my mum had 13 before I was born, and lost a child at 6 months pregnant. I was born when my mum was 24.

Banned

whatsThePoint

It means why not mention everyone who suffers such a thing, can't see her … It means why not mention everyone who suffers such a thing, can't see her needing to gossip about it if someone on hukd's suffers the same fate, why not take an interest in the lifes of the people around you instead of someone you don't know

I would never post in the pregnancy thread about my pregnancy.

Too many busy bodies in there for my liking.

Banned

Kitten13

women at any age can have miss carriges, my mum had 13 before I was born, … women at any age can have miss carriges, my mum had 13 before I was born, and lost a child at 6 months pregnant. I was born when my mum was 24.

Wow you're thick also, the risk of miss carriage increases as you get older. That's life.

lumoruk

wow your … wow your thick[url=http://health.msn.com/pregnancy/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100161311]http://health.msn.com/pregnancy/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100161311[/url]

It's not always possible to be young when you have a baby...thank you for making me feel really ****! One day I'd like a baby... unfortunately I'm over 35 now...so does that make it ok if I went on to have a misscarage?

lumoruk

Wow you're thick also, the risk of miss carriage increases as you get … Wow you're thick also, the risk of miss carriage increases as you get older. That's life.

well i know several women who have had problems earlier in life, and had succesful pregnancies in later life.

Banned

bellabonkers

It's not always possible to be young when you have a baby...thank you for … It's not always possible to be young when you have a baby...thank you for making me feel really ****! One day I'd like a baby... unfortunately I'm over 35 now...so does that make it ok if I went on to have a misscarage?

We will be ok if we ever finally get round to having a baby.

DLM

We will be ok if we ever finally get round to having a baby.

Regardless of age...I can't begin to think how painful it must be to loose a baby, esp as far into a pregnancy as 7mths.
    Goodnight!

bellabonkers

Ditto.... what's your point?

I think it's common knowledge that conception and birth are easier for younger women. Ridiculous comment from lumoruk though!
    I had my youngest at 37 no probs, it all depends on the woman. Amanda Holden so unlucky I really feel for her, many babies survive at 7months. I just can't imagine the pain.

One can only imagine how she must be feeling...

I'm not exactly Amanda's biggest fan but what a horrific experience for anyone to go through. Do hope she can be allowed the time to grieve from the media

Such sad news.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and stories like this and Lily Allens scare the crap out of me.

So sad :-(:-(

why do people have to bring her age into it, insensitive much?

I think it must be worse as you get older because you know your chances of having a baby are slipping away. So sad for her.

regardless of everything the woman had to give birth to a still born......tragic

i agree with jellybaby
    and i dont care if she is known or not, 20 or 50, worked or didnt- its a tragedy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1938
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764402
      3. The State on Ch434
      4. RIP DOCTOR WHO712

See more discussions