Amaz Prime day done... breath

Found 18th Jul
Managed to grab one or two okay buy from the Amaz Prime / warehouse. However, my eyes are blurred from keep looking at the screen. I don't suppose I'm the only one who is partly relieved that it's done - until it's back for black Friday?

Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
Mine and blurred too. So blurred everything began to look like buy one get one free with double vision

I purchased nothing, so you did better than me.
Rubbish -full stop Maybe I didn't look hard enough -more likely fell asleep out of boredom ! Prime deals -beneath laughable
I refrained as best I could but managed to pick up guitar hero live with guitar for £3.49, smart watch for £9.33 & TV aerial for £6.67 not exactly breaking the bank but my eyes are also sore.
I was so hyped for prime day. I literally checked deals like ever 15 minutes for 1.5 days straight. But this Amazon prime day was absolutely terrible compared to last year. I didn't buy anything specifically prime discounted other than a 1kg bag of protein powder to try out.

Does anyone else also think it was crap or is it just me?
Nothing of note, best thing I saw was Like new Ps4 Pros for £240ish thats about it
The.Ghostbuster2 h, 6 m ago

I refrained as best I could but managed to pick up guitar hero live with …I refrained as best I could but managed to pick up guitar hero live with guitar for £3.49, smart watch for £9.33 & TV aerial for £6.67 not exactly breaking the bank but my eyes are also sore.

What Guitar Hero Live with Guitar for £3.49? Damn I didn't see that, was it not posted as a deal since I can't find it

I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway since I don't want to spend £39 on prime just to get some prime day and a £15 off voucher
Edited by: "Norseg" 18th Jul
Bought my annual supply of everything, great Prime day(s),

(Obviously slightly more expensive than if I were to buy all the same stuff next week, but its always more fun to buy on Prime day)
deleted396333
Worst. Prime day. Ever.
What's 'Prime day'?
mrty20 m ago

What's 'Prime day'?

Bing.
Congrats prime members. Amazon wins!
Amazon Prime Day
2015-2018
RIP
got the 10 inch fire tablet for £75
Norseg5 h, 35 m ago

What Guitar Hero Live with Guitar for £3.49? Damn I didn't see that, was …What Guitar Hero Live with Guitar for £3.49? Damn I didn't see that, was it not posted as a deal since I can't find itI probably wouldn't have bought it anyway since I don't want to spend £39 on prime just to get some prime day and a £15 off voucher

Only was one so didn't think it necessary to post it was the Xbox 360 version all I needed was the guitar for clone hero on the pc and at £3.49 it was hard not to buy it box is apparently in French also not that in worried.
Bought a few 4k movies nothing exciting.
GazmoX57 m ago

Amazon Prime Day 2015-2018 RIP

I doubt it, record sales and even people who were disappointed like the OP still seemed to buy stuff, which is what Amazon want.

I think it was amazing with the student code, got £19.99 PS+, free Fitbit (they messed up my Treasure Truck order), and £35 for 2 Echos + TP-Link Smart Plug! From the profit of selling the 2 Echos at around £30 each, that should hopefully pay for PS+ and the plug
jamie01558 m ago

...record sales...

Where did you get that information from? And if you are not a student, or willing to commit fraud to become one?.... Prime Day has gone the way of all the other sale events; non-event. The trick is to get people to buy stuff they don't really want, that's Prime Day.
Prime's anagram is "Rip me"
GazmoX2 h, 36 m ago

Where did you get that information from? And if you are not a student, or …Where did you get that information from? And if you are not a student, or willing to commit fraud to become one?.... Prime Day has gone the way of all the other sale events; non-event. The trick is to get people to buy stuff they don't really want, that's Prime Day.

No one knows if it is fraud, this has never been tested in court. I doubt such a test case ever goes to court.

This is because you as a customer offers what evidence that you have, "be able to provide proof of enrolment upon request (by Amazon)". Then Amazon "may accept or refuse membership at our sole discretion".

This means Amazon decides whether they believe you have sufficient evidence as a student in their terms. Another words, they are the final verifier and enforcer of their own terms.

The Amazon UK terms : -

We may accept or refuse membership at our sole discretion. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility. If you do not provide documentation indicating that you meet the eligibility requirements above, you may be required to reimburse us for benefits you received as a result of your Prime Student membership.
Nothing worthwhile on there at all. Highly disappointing. It was simply amazon peddling the usual Alexa rubbish and a few pence of things which were cheaper only weeks ago.
GazmoX6 h, 20 m ago

Where did you get that information from? And if you are not a student, or …Where did you get that information from? And if you are not a student, or willing to commit fraud to become one?.... Prime Day has gone the way of all the other sale events; non-event. The trick is to get people to buy stuff they don't really want, that's Prime Day.

google.co.uk/amp…tml

It's not fraudulent being a student if you buy a cheap course as NUS allow it, and you are a genuine student.
Edited by: "jamie015" 18th Jul
Did you buy a dictionary? At least then you avoid attempt to learn the difference between "breath" and "breathe".
I thought that there were some fantastic buys, eg Philips hue lights, Hive thermostats, Amazon Echos and kindles, Philips tvs.

I resisted all except 1litre of Southern Comfort for £15.50
hottoast34 m ago

I thought that there were some fantastic buys, eg Philips hue lights, Hive …I thought that there were some fantastic buys, eg Philips hue lights, Hive thermostats, Amazon Echos and kindles, Philips tvs.I resisted all except 1litre of Southern Comfort for £15.50

Haha good work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants