Amazing Picture

The rising Mississippi River has broken high-water records up and down the Iowa and Illinois shore, cresting as high as 12 feet above flood stage in some places. Estimates place the cost of the damage at over $1 billion dollars, and concerns are rising over crop damage, toxic remnants that were washed into neighborhoods, future mosquito invasions, and maintaining supplies of clean drinking water. Communities further downstream are bracing for possible flooding as well

15 Comments

Doesn't look like flood water to me.

Original Poster

That was the tag from the news article, have a look at the rest of the pics

amazing pictures, such devastation

it's barely a puddle

it's not like the floods we used to have when i was a boy

Seen the rest of the pics. How about those floating buildings and the helpful cops????

Original Poster

An absolute tragedy.

Original Poster

chesso;2346034

Seen the rest of the pics. How about those floating buildings and the … Seen the rest of the pics. How about those floating buildings and the helpful cops????

Aye, aren't they so caring.

Didnt no that it was getting flooded. Some amazing pics, but as you say, tragedy !

[COLOR="Purple"]My God! It doesn't even look real! So sad - I wonder if Bush will be as helpful as he was the the New Orleans tragedy! [/COLOR]

I wonder if Bush will still deny Global Warrming!

octobergirl;2346110

I wonder if Bush will still deny Global Warrming!

what has global warming got to do with it?

tornados floods hurricanes etc happened when people charged about on horses.:thumbsup:

brilliant piccy

That is one hell of a mushroom

http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/iowa_06_17/iowa16.jpg

oh the irony!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763958
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions