Amazon - 0% Interest Credit Pay For Products Over 5 Monthly Instalments

Posted 26th Nov
Didn't see this posted and felt it could be of some use during the sale period leading up to Christmas.

amazon.co.uk/b?i…031

It does say your account needs to have been active for at least one year, you must have a valid credit card associated with your Amazon.co.uk account, and you must have a good payment history on Amazon.co.uk. I am hoping its available to more and this isn't another selected account offer.

3342959.jpg
With monthly payments, you get the option of paying the shopping balance in equal monthly payments.
  • No finance charges
  • No interest or hidden fees
  • No credit check or application required
  • Click the “Enable monthly payments” button to instantly apply this offer to your account.
  • This offer is subject to the Monthly Payments Terms & Conditions.

Similar post from last year around the same time.

3342959.jpg
The TV here as an example in the image above.

Hope it helps someone.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Just a quick tip as I have noticed if you choose to pay for something monthly the option will disappear for future purchases until the balance over the 5 months has been paid. So if you want to purchase more than one item in the same way (which allow monthly payments) add them all to your basket then checkout and choose pay monthly.
38 Comments
Nice hopefully works for everyone
Not sure if it’s for everyone

39119241-p1pbD.jpg
Used this quite a few times over the last year, it’s great tbh, nice and easy and simple
Lucky enough to have this on my account. Not sure what made me eligible but I have used it a few times. It's not just for expensive stuff either. The 29.99 tablet I can split over 5 months at £6 a month.

Deffo a good service if it's available to your account.
To be eligible for this offer, you must reside in the United Kingdom, your Amazon.co.uk account must have been active for at least one year, you must have a valid credit card associated with your Amazon.co.uk account, and you must have a good payment history on Amazon.co.uk
Voted hot, worked on both my accounts, now I need to find something to buy.
sheffield78826/11/2019 00:48

Voted hot, worked on both my accounts, now I need to find something to buy.

I am sure the lovely HUKD folks will help figure out the what to buy bit
Good to know and handy to have. Cheers for posting.
Thanks for info. I'm in.
matwalaboy26/11/2019 00:52

I am sure the lovely HUKD folks will help figure out the what to buy bit

Yep, this is what I'm afraid of. My wardrobe is still packed with sealed boxes . All these good deals, including 3 sealed smart displays. I should listen to my wife who says a good deal is for something you need, not to kerp it in the wardrobe .
Edited by: "sheffield788" 26th Nov
sheffield78826/11/2019 01:04

Yep, this is what I'm afraid of. My wardrobe is still packed with sealed …Yep, this is what I'm afraid of. My wardrobe is still packed with sealed boxes . All these good deals, including 3 sealed smart displays. I should listen to my wife who says a good deal is for something you need, not to sit in the wardrobe .

Irrespective of what the wife says - she is always right, remember
matwalaboy26/11/2019 01:04

Irrespective of what the wife says - she is always right, remember

😁😁😁😁 absolutely!
Thanks op yes it works for all my 10 accounts..
tammyy26/11/2019 01:29

Thanks op yes it works for all my 10 accounts..

10 , wow
waaqii26/11/2019 00:44

To be eligible for this offer, you must reside in the United Kingdom, your …To be eligible for this offer, you must reside in the United Kingdom, your Amazon.co.uk account must have been active for at least one year, you must have a valid credit card associated with your Amazon.co.uk account, and you must have a good payment history on Amazon.co.uk

I only have a debit card. Does that make me ineligible?
For some reason it’s only offering me the monthly payment option on Amazon’s own items like fire sticks, kindles and ring doorbells. It would have been handy as I’m looking for a monitor,
Saro26/11/2019 01:46

I only have a debit card. Does that make me ineligible?

It's activated on mine and I don't have a credit card.
Just a quick tip as I have noticed if you choose to pay for something monthly the option will disappear for future purchases until the balance over the 5 months has been paid. So if you want to purchase more than one item in the same way (which allow monthly payments) add them all to your basket then checkout and choose pay monthly.
Didn't work, spend over £500 this year and I'm on prime..
Edited by: "Josh_millen" 26th Nov
Always shown as not eligible for me despite having lived at the same address for 5 years and 2 active cards on my account.
speedbird74726/11/2019 02:13

Just a quick tip as I have noticed if you choose to pay for something …Just a quick tip as I have noticed if you choose to pay for something monthly the option will disappear for future purchases until the balance over the 5 months has been paid. So if you want to purchase more than one item in the same way (which allow monthly payments) add them all to your basket then checkout and choose pay monthly.

I don't believe that's strictly true. I believe that I was still paying off my Zoom H6 on Amazon when it allowed me to buy the Amazon Paperwhite over 5-months. Perhaps there's an internal 'cresit cap' based on your spending and repayment history with them?

Banks have been known to employ such systems internally when deciding on maximum overdraft limits and other such areas.
Where can you check to see if you are eligible?
I don't see the point. If you have savings barely making any interest just use those.
OMG, I hope my missis doesn't see this!
Kojo_Segu26/11/2019 00:36

Not sure if it’s for everyone [Image]

How do you check? Thanks

Just a quick tip as I have noticed if you choose to pay for something …Just a quick tip as I have noticed if you choose to pay for something monthly the option will disappear for future purchases until the balance over the 5 months has been paid. So if you want to purchase more than one item in the same way (which allow monthly payments) add them all to your basket then checkout and choose pay monthly.

From the Terms and Conditions: "This offer applies to one qualifying product in each product category or Amazon device family (as applicable) in your basket at time of checkout, and is limited to one active enrollment per product category or Amazon device family per customer. Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, Amazon Fire TV, and Alexa-enabled devices (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap) are each an "Amazon device family". Wireless products are an example of a "product category"."

I purchased some headphones using this and I am still able to purchase items in other categories such as mobile phones, laptops, and consoles.
DealJourno26/11/2019 05:18

I don't see the point. If you have savings barely making any interest just …I don't see the point. If you have savings barely making any interest just use those.

This is interest free and no extra charges
Not for me it doesn’t. I’ve utilised this feature on a large purchase, I’m also offered it on further purchases. I’ve just tried using it again and I’ve been able to do so. That’s now 3 purchases,using monthly payments, at different times with varying values.

msiddiq198926/11/2019 05:40

This is interest free and no extra charges

If paid off on time there is no charge, some people aren't good with credit.

It's really intended to persuade more people to buy things they don't need.
Edited by: "DealJourno" 26th Nov
DealJourno26/11/2019 05:54

If paid off on time there is no charge, some people aren't good with …If paid off on time there is no charge, some people aren't good with credit. It's really intended to persuade more people to buy things they don't need.

no different from most other credit then.
Articuno26/11/2019 05:32

From the Terms and Conditions: "This offer applies to one qualifying …From the Terms and Conditions: "This offer applies to one qualifying product in each product category or Amazon device family (as applicable) in your basket at time of checkout, and is limited to one active enrollment per product category or Amazon device family per customer. Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, Amazon Fire TV, and Alexa-enabled devices (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap) are each an "Amazon device family". Wireless products are an example of a "product category"."I purchased some headphones using this and I am still able to purchase items in other categories such as mobile phones, laptops, and consoles.

Hadn't seen that, but agree that you can buy more than one item at a time - I got a Fire HD 10 and an Echo Dot in different orders on the same day.
Active on my account, Wouldn’t have known if not for this

If paid off on time there is no charge, some people aren't good with …If paid off on time there is no charge, some people aren't good with credit. It's really intended to persuade more people to buy things they don't need.

Or conversely things they actually do need but ordinarily would have had to save up for 5 months to be able to purchase it. Or indeed for those people who have their cash tied up in fixed saving schemes at 2 percent plus but get penalised for withdrawals?
bellboys26/11/2019 11:02

Or conversely things they actually do need but ordinarily would have had …Or conversely things they actually do need but ordinarily would have had to save up for 5 months to be able to purchase it. Or indeed for those people who have their cash tied up in fixed saving schemes at 2 percent plus but get penalised for withdrawals?

Imagine having to save for something, that sounds horrible. How did people cope before credit?
TheTechAuthor26/11/2019 05:02

I don't believe that's strictly true. I believe that I was still paying …I don't believe that's strictly true. I believe that I was still paying off my Zoom H6 on Amazon when it allowed me to buy the Amazon Paperwhite over 5-months. Perhaps there's an internal 'cresit cap' based on your spending and repayment history with them? Banks have been known to employ such systems internally when deciding on maximum overdraft limits and other such areas.

Apologies let me clarify purchases in Amazon products will continue to allow you to purchase on pay monthly even though you are paying monthly already for other products but items from other companies (e.g. like Sony Mirrorless prime lenses etc) then the option will disappear if you are already paying for something on a monthly schedule. So its not specific to me but will be the same for everyone.
DealJourno26/11/2019 11:50

Imagine having to save for something, that sounds horrible. How did people …Imagine having to save for something, that sounds horrible. How did people cope before credit?

easy - there were no interesting things or gadgets to buy back then
DealJourno26/11/2019 05:18

I don't see the point. If you have savings barely making any interest just …I don't see the point. If you have savings barely making any interest just use those.

Barely any interest is still better than no interest at all.

If paid off on time there is no charge,

...which is exactly why I think this is a good deal, especially bearing in mind there are no credit checks. Assuming I'm still eligible at the time I'll do this instead of paying the full amount upfront and take the extra few quid in savings interest.
Edited by: "spoo" 27th Nov
There were better things to distract maybe. Like reality.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions