Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon

Posted 2nd Dec
Does amazon have any smoking policy for their couriers because I received my delivery today and there was and strong smell of tobacco which all made the contents smell and it’s embarrassing because it’s a gift . - I’ve already contacted amazon who are going to reply in 24 hours.
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
Was your item packaged inside a box?
Reply in 24hrs? All Amazon's CS jockeys must be having an extended ciggy break.
You can't really complain with smoking because some packages arrive in worst condition, plus drivers do smoke so amazon can't do anything unless they ban all the smokers from delivering
Smoking in the workplace is banned - that includes vehicles even self employed people on their own vehicles can be prosecuted. However, if the vehicle is only used by one person or may not be illegal.

"Smoking in work vehicles was made illegal under the Health Act in 2006 which banned smoking in all vehicles used primarily for business purposes by more than one person."

"Smoking in work vehicles
Smoking isn’t allowed in any work vehicle that more than one person uses, eg:

taxis
buses
vans
goods vehicles used by more than one driver
company cars used by more than one employee
A worker can smoke in a company car that only they use if their employer agrees."

So if they are self employed courier and if it's a van with one seat it's legal. If they use their own vehicle with more than one seat it's reasonable to assume they sometimes have passengers and illegal.
As for the Amazon stance, expect a generic apology and a few quid in vouchers or a month's free prime.
This is a joke post surely
rogan179102/12/2019 06:53

This is a joke post surely

I assume its real. We've had parcels come that sink of smoke - but we don't smoke so we notice it. We throw the packaging away and no harm done (if it's an item for us) , but with Amazon you often get things delivered in the retail packaging and if it's a gift then you have an issue. Particularly if it's toys.
Dont be a Wally all your life. Be grateful some poor driver on min wage actually delivered it to your address
I'd be annoyed as well tbh, who wants gifts smelling of smoke? it's absolutely fine to expect deliveries not to smell of smoke, I still can't believe it's not been banned whilst driving, it's as distracting as many things that have been banned whist behind the wheel.
Edited by: "maccy1i" 2nd Dec
I hope you get an account credit of at least £10 and the driver is fired.
19DembaBa1902/12/2019 06:29

You can't really complain with smoking because some packages arrive in …You can't really complain with smoking because some packages arrive in worst condition, plus drivers do smoke so amazon can't do anything unless they ban all the smokers from delivering

They don't have to ban smokers from delivering, just ban them from smoking (in the car/van), whilst delivering.
Edited by: "maccy1i" 2nd Dec
maccy1i02/12/2019 09:12

They don't have to ban smokers from delivering, just ban them from smoking …They don't have to ban smokers from delivering, just ban them from smoking (in the car/van), whilst delivering.

You would need to ban them from smoking in vehicles they use for delivery. Not just when they are delivering. I agree - as a non-smoker, the smell lingers.
Was it delivered in a plastic bag? Some give off a smoke type smell.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 2nd Dec
OBH6UK02/12/2019 12:54

Was it delivered in a plastic bag? Some give off a smoke type smell.

Ive noticed this too but its been more of a wood-smoke type smell than cigarettes.
Rune_2H02/12/2019 01:54

Comment deleted

If it's just the outer packaging that's affected I agree with you but if the item itself stinks of rancid fag smoke it's a different matter entirely. It's not clear from the OPs description what the situation is here.
No wonder folk are addicted to Amazon!
OP makes a post then disappears, I think under the new rules and time elapsed this thread can be spammed.
Waiting for a mod to tell me otherwise.
spoo02/12/2019 13:31

If it's just the outer packaging that's affected I agree with you but if …If it's just the outer packaging that's affected I agree with you but if the item itself stinks of rancid fag smoke it's a different matter entirely. It's not clear from the OPs description what the situation is here.

No it’s the item which is embarrassing because if I received that for Christmas I would think they brought it second hand

It’s clothing so it now smells and going to have to send it back
Edited by: "Dylan_Smith135" 2nd Dec
Bully02/12/2019 14:05

OP makes a post then disappears, I think under the new rules and time …OP makes a post then disappears, I think under the new rules and time elapsed this thread can be spammed.Waiting for a mod to tell me otherwise.

A bit harsh as less than 14 hours had elapsed between the first post and your comment. Not everyone goes online multiple times per day.
Edited by: "spoo" 2nd Dec
Dylan_Smith13502/12/2019 14:27

No it’s the item which is embarrassing because if I received that for C …No it’s the item which is embarrassing because if I received that for Christmas I would think they brought it second handIt’s clothing so it now smells and going to have to send it back

In that case I'm with you and would expect a full refund.
spoo02/12/2019 14:58

A bit harsh as less than 14 hours had elapsed between the first post and …A bit harsh as less than 14 hours had elapsed between the first post and your comment. Not everyone goes online multiple times per day.

Not my rules, as I said a mod can clarify or confirm.
maccy1i02/12/2019 09:12

They don't have to ban smokers from delivering, just ban them from smoking …They don't have to ban smokers from delivering, just ban them from smoking (in the car/van), whilst delivering.

Well If they do smoke then amazon can't really do anything about it unless they have cameras fitted in vans
19DembaBa1902/12/2019 15:56

Well If they do smoke then amazon can't really do anything about it unless …Well If they do smoke then amazon can't really do anything about it unless they have cameras fitted in vans

Amazon can stipulate before employing that smoking is not allowed while parcels are being delivered. People that smoke and work in offices and warehouses have to smoke outside in their break (or designated smoking areas) why can’t the drivers just have a cigarette in their break? I don’t agree that smoking should be allowed whilst driving anyhow.
maccy1i02/12/2019 16:26

Amazon can stipulate before employing that smoking is not allowed while …Amazon can stipulate before employing that smoking is not allowed while parcels are being delivered. People that smoke and work in offices and warehouses have to smoke outside in their break (or designated smoking areas) why can’t the drivers just have a cigarette in their break? I don’t agree that smoking should be allowed whilst driving anyhow.

I totally agree
maccy1i02/12/2019 16:26

Amazon can stipulate before employing that smoking is not allowed while …Amazon can stipulate before employing that smoking is not allowed while parcels are being delivered. People that smoke and work in offices and warehouses have to smoke outside in their break (or designated smoking areas) why can’t the drivers just have a cigarette in their break? I don’t agree that smoking should be allowed whilst driving anyhow.

I understand where your coming from. All I'm saying is there is no rule that says smoking is not allowed
19DembaBa1902/12/2019 16:48

I understand where your coming from. All I'm saying is there is no rule …I understand where your coming from. All I'm saying is there is no rule that says smoking is not allowed

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to sound pedantic , I get what you're saying as well, it's really down to Amazon to sort it out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants