Amazon

Posted 26th Jan
Amazon packaging.....

Did you know you can stop the plastic bubble wrap on your Amazon orders!?

How? I requested brown paper and Amazon complied!

All you need to do is:
-Open your Amazon account -Go to ‘help/customer service’ -Go to the ‘contact us’ -Use their ‘chat’ option -On chat, request to make all future orders plastic-free with minimal packaging and where absolutely necessary use only degradable packaging materials like paper. -This information will be saved to your account for all future orders!

It will take you 5 minutes on the chat to make all your future Amazon orders plastic free!

Note: You might sometimes get a customer care person who is unaware of this option. Try to escalate the issue or restart chat with a different person.”
Community Updates
Megathread
Top comments
Dylan_Smith13526/01/2020 23:33

Anyone ever notice that the item is out for delivery at 8am and they are …Anyone ever notice that the item is out for delivery at 8am and they are still delivering by 7pm nearly 12 hours. Also they get given parcels in the same area so why do they take so long

Because they have around 150-170 parcels
13 Comments
Interesting. Wonder if you can do the same and ask that only DPD deliver rather than the useless Amazon Logistics people!
ArcadeAssassin26/01/2020 23:26

Interesting. Wonder if you can do the same and ask that only DPD deliver …Interesting. Wonder if you can do the same and ask that only DPD deliver rather than the useless Amazon Logistics people!

Anyone ever notice that the item is out for delivery at 8am and they are still delivering by 7pm nearly 12 hours. Also they get given parcels in the same area so why do they take so long
Dylan_Smith13526/01/2020 23:33

Anyone ever notice that the item is out for delivery at 8am and they are …Anyone ever notice that the item is out for delivery at 8am and they are still delivering by 7pm nearly 12 hours. Also they get given parcels in the same area so why do they take so long

JamieBeveridge26/01/2020 23:34

Wow I’m shocked they always turn up with a little van
I ordered a mouse (the computery kind) from Amazon a few days ago - the box it came in was a good twenty times the size of the packaging the mouse was in. When the delivery guy arrived I was wondering what it was...!

(I know huge boxes and Amazon aren't a new phenomenon, but it's not happened with my purchases for ages).

As I order from Amazon Warehouse a lot, I'm not going to forego the bubble wrap, things arrive in a perilous state as it is and that would only heighten the risk...sorry!
I've never has an Amazon order delivered in bubble wrap to my knowledge. I've had a few items delivered in bubble envelopes and loads of parcels with sealed air cushions. Usually it's a ridiculously over sized box with a ridiculous amount of paper packaging.
Past few items ive received have had NO packaging at all.. they've plonked my address label on the actual products packaging (can't peel off sticker without damaging said box) both times it was to give as a gift. Product packaging looked like I'd fished it out of my gift cupboard and was just passing it on. They were last minute items an all... i prefer excessive packing to none, any day.
samwants2save27/01/2020 01:58

Past few items ive received have had NO packaging at all.. they've plonked …Past few items ive received have had NO packaging at all.. they've plonked my address label on the actual products packaging (can't peel off sticker without damaging said box) both times it was to give as a gift. Product packaging looked like I'd fished it out of my gift cupboard and was just passing it on. They were last minute items an all... i prefer excessive packing to none, any day.

You need to tick at checkout time not reveal what the product is or something along them lines
deals6927/01/2020 08:00

You need to tick at checkout time not reveal what the product is or …You need to tick at checkout time not reveal what the product is or something along them lines

Ta- Thats what I was told (after) but often just buy with one click. Must sort out in settings.
samwants2save27/01/2020 08:02

Ta- Thats what I was told (after) but often just buy with one click. Must …Ta- Thats what I was told (after) but often just buy with one click. Must sort out in settings.

Yup same here ridiculous that its even an option. Just encourages package theft and potential damage to the product
I know it’s better for the environment but I have no idea what they do to the brown paper to make it smell so bad though , I’m guessing it’s recycled and that’s great but it truly whiffs .
tinkerbellian27/01/2020 20:03

I know it’s better for the environment but I have no idea what they do to t …I know it’s better for the environment but I have no idea what they do to the brown paper to make it smell so bad though , I’m guessing it’s recycled and that’s great but it truly whiffs .

+1

bought something from CEX not so long ago came wrapped in a huge ball of bubble wrap
gave most of it to the charity shop

be happy enough if they just used the paper packing

and the 'prime tape' was a little less 'indestructible'
I've not had bubble wrap from amazon in over 10 years, always the brown paper.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants