Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon

Posted 5th Jun 2020Edited by:"xenophon"
I had a delivery of Old Golden Hen from Amazon at midday. Even though I bought two only one arrived. The first driver said he didn't know about the other. Then another came several hours later with the second. The first delivery just wanted d.o.b. The new chap needed identification. His English was terrible though, I couldn't understand him at all. He then pointed at me and then his hand-held device. ID he said. I gave him my d.o.b. ID he said angrily. Why I asked him, I had already received a delivery earlier, then showed him the opened box I had checked previously, still inside the porch. ID he shouted. Right okay, fine, I'll go and look for it. I couldn't locate my driving licence but found my passport instead. I took it back to the porch and the front door. I opened the relevant page and gave it to him and he typed it in. Then I saw a bottle stuffed in his jacket pocket, just seeing the top sticking out. I reached over and took it out. You stole that, I said. He said sorry, and something else I didn't understand. I snatched my passport back and just replied go, and shut the door.

It wasn't that difficult to understand the first time. From the snide abusive comments, some now deleted, it appears that the real issue was that I shouldn't have even posted this. I posted it as a dilemma: do I report or not; I was very much in two minds. In future I'll use another forum that I frequent that is far more friendly.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I’m lost...
"His English was terrible"
Something about pot, kettle and black comes to mind here.
Why did the driver's origin matter? Just mention what he did in the order delivery feedback.
Give him a break! You're joking hes committed a criminal offense. Report him straight away to Amazon, think of all the other poor people he could be pinching from! It's not like hes got no money, hes got a wage from Amazon.
You're nut to not complain and report
18 Comments
Does it lay golden eggs?
Does me not reporting him do.
Why did the driver's origin matter? Just mention what he did in the order delivery feedback.
I’m lost...
We had a delivery today from Amazon and I could barely understand what he was saying. Wanted my date of birth and said something about age. Well I hardly look anything under 50! I've got a birthday on Monday so several parcels have been arriving. I was sent some wine this morning, but was on the phone and with social distancing etc driver indicated he would leave it in the porch so no signature or dob required.
I will give the man a break. But I've learnt about thieves many times in life, they can't stop. An uncontrollable urge.
Is this a 'what came first, the chicken or the egg' story? I can't tell.
Give him a break! You're joking hes committed a criminal offense. Report him straight away to Amazon, think of all the other poor people he could be pinching from! It's not like hes got no money, hes got a wage from Amazon.
You're nut to not complain and report
I'm guessing in all that you mean he took the bottle which had arrived earlier? In which case if he's supposed to be keeping a distance away and you surely haven't left the first bottle sat on the doorstep how did he get it?
Amazons policy is the driver has to get the DOB even if the person is obviously over 18. Even the drivers think it’s stupid but apparently amazon make sure the rule is being followed and have mystery shoppers.
Edited by: "Love__Bargains" 5th Jun
Did he drink your golden hen or what I don't follow

And yes they do need I'd. The first guy probably asked for d.o.b only as he has that on file whilst the other guy doesn't know about it yet.
Edited by: "MR1123" 5th Jun
"His English was terrible"
Something about pot, kettle and black comes to mind here.
My usual Amazon delivery driver is great (delivers bottles once in a while ) I think he's Polish, I just wish all the delivery drivers were that friendly and helpful.
Risking his job for £1 bottle of beer?
I'd definitely report the guy. If he'll blatantly steal from you what the hell does he get up to out of sight for other amazon customers or anywhere else he goes.
Those Golden Hens are going down too well.
joyf453605/06/2020 19:54

My usual Amazon delivery driver is great (delivers bottles once in a while …My usual Amazon delivery driver is great (delivers bottles once in a while ) I think he's Polish, I just wish all the delivery drivers were that friendly and helpful.

Same here. English and Polish guys never had a problem for years.
xenophon05/06/2020 22:12

Comment deleted

And don't forget, perhaps most importantly for you, if he's done this to your face and you know but did nothing, guess who his new soft target might be? I recently reported an AMZN delivery driver for not adhering to social distancing. I was a bit worried he'd know who reported him and start accidentally dropping my parcels, but, I felt I had to.
Post a comment
@
    Text