Amazon

Posted 13th Jul 2020
Had amazon got rid of shipping weight off there website I looked at a few items today and can’t see it
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
I can’t see it anymore, looks like they’ve made some changes
santashippo13/07/2020 18:03

That was my go to as to guess if item was going to arrive correctly when description wasn’t clear
Power246813/07/2020 18:05

That was my go to as to guess if item was going to arrive correctly when …That was my go to as to guess if item was going to arrive correctly when description wasn’t clear

Yeah exactly the same here
I've had lots of experiences lately where they haven't accepted shipping weight as a reason to refund/replace items. So looks like its been coming for a while.
santashippo13/07/2020 18:03

To many changes always with this posters brilliant deals too
Milly5413/07/2020 18:28

Shipping weights are showing for a few things i've just looked …Shipping weights are showing for a few things i've just looked at.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00439VO6I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1and thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014WF6BG0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Am not seeing any shipping weights on these either
Power246813/07/2020 18:45

i see you're using an phone (App) maybe that's why?
i can see the shipping weight on their main website accessed via PC

scroll down to Product Information..
it shows technical info on the left and additional info on the right, the shipping weight is on the right under additional info

41378382-mxB1P.jpg
Edited by: "cainer1" 13th Jul
cainer113/07/2020 19:07

i see you're using an phone (App) maybe that's why?i can see the shipping …i see you're using an phone (App) maybe that's why?i can see the shipping weight on their main website accessed via PCit shows product info on the left and additional info on the right, the shipping weight is on the right under additional info[Image]

I just had a quick look to check this. Your screen is different. Browser on PC - Shipping weight is missing from the right. Maybe you are using old cookies and there has been an update which isn't available anymore in the new update.
Frankie7713/07/2020 19:18

I just had a quick look to check this. Your screen is different. Browser …I just had a quick look to check this. Your screen is different. Browser on PC - Shipping weight is missing from the right. Maybe you are using old cookies and there has been an update which isn't available anymore in the new update.

Yeah i just checked with Google Chrome and there is no shipping weight,
the pic above is on Internet Explorer 11

i run Ccleaner a couple of times a day so it's not an old Amazon cookie
Edited by: "cainer1" 13th Jul
Genuine question, why does it matter?

Taking the Smirnoff example earlier, if you're buying a 1 litre bottle of vodka why do you need to know the total weight of the product?
Power246813/07/2020 18:45

I can see exactly the same as cainer1's screenshot.
cainer113/07/2020 19:22

Yeah i just checked with Google Chrome and there is no shipping weight, …Yeah i just checked with Google Chrome and there is no shipping weight, the pic above is on Internet Explorer 11 i run Ccleaner a couple of times a day so it's not an old Amazon cookie

Maybe a browser gradual update. I'm using Opera, it's missing on that and Microsoft Edge.
spoo13/07/2020 19:25

Genuine question, why does it matter?Taking the Smirnoff example earlier, …Genuine question, why does it matter?Taking the Smirnoff example earlier, if you're buying a 1 litre bottle of vodka why do you need to know the total weight of the product?

It’s more for deals that aren’t worded 100% for example this morning I got dog treats delivered advertised as 1 pack but product information says 6 and shipping weight was 800grams and my order came today as a box of 6

Yeah i just checked with Google Chrome and there is no shipping weight, …Yeah i just checked with Google Chrome and there is no shipping weight, the pic above is on Internet Explorer 11 i run Ccleaner a couple of times a day so it's not an old Amazon cookie

Weight shows in Google Chrome for me - Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Manjaro Linux)

Its there on mine and i use chrome. Version 83.0.4103.116 for windows. I used incognito tab so cookies not an issue.
Edited by: "TheNoid" 13th Jul
alg13/07/2020 19:34

Weight shows in Google Chrome for me - Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official …Weight shows in Google Chrome for me - Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Manjaro Linux)

TheNoid13/07/2020 19:34

Its there on mine and i use chrome. Version 83.0.4103.116 for windows. I …Its there on mine and i use chrome. Version 83.0.4103.116 for windows. I used incognito tab so cookies not an issue.

hmm, i have the same chrome build number as the pair of you but no shipping weight, strange
41418087-i1QbU.jpgThis looks like what referred to as A/B or A/B/C testing (Some users get shown one thing others get shown something else, Or they just broke it ) top left is the Edge browser (Not signed in) below is Edge (in-privet window not signed in), top right is internet explore, Bottom is chrome logged into my amazon account
Edited by: "Ben_2" 17th Jul
If you really wanted to see shipping weight you could try, Logging out clear you're amazon cookies log back in and repeat a few time until you see shipping weight

once you get the shipping weight back it should stay for all items you view unless amazon change it again or you lose that cookie
Edited by: "Ben_2" 17th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text