Posted 9th Dec 2022
I've not used this option for a few months, have 1 payment outstanding an item that isn't due till next month, yet just discovered, not items, not even Amazon own branded products are showing the 5 monthly option.

Just wondered if it's been switched off just for me, or for everyone.

I don't know why it's been switched off with me, never missed a payment, actually always paid prior to due date, and have a credit card as well as debit card registered in my account.

Anyone else lost this option?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    They turn it off for people seemingly at random.
  2. Avatar
    Mines disappeared a couple of years ago and never came back
  3. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    Still there for me. Just looked at Fire Tabs, and currently paying for a Vax this way.
  4. Avatar
    Mine comes and goes on both of my accounts. No logic to it.
  5. Avatar
    Mines came back this week after disappearing for around 6 months.
    Same for me. Notice today it came back.
  6. Avatar
    Hmm, mine just disappeared too. I finished paying for my phone just a month ago and was looking at a laptop a week ago that had the option available but it's now missing.

Even for low value items like a 7" Fire tablet, no more installment options.

Just like you say, I have never missed a payment, and even had an Amazon Credit card until it closed down a month or two ago as well - With a couple of payment methods attached to my account.
    Author
    I'm hoping it will come back next month. Don't understand what criteria meant i was no longer eligible for the option.
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks all, just me then.
    I was looking for a laptop, but will now cast a wider net where to buy from.
  8. Avatar
    Author
    It will be interesting if she comes back with the eligibility criteria for the 5 monthly payment option, if not a reason why it was taken away from me after having it for over 2 years and never missing a payment.
    49033085-irJPE.jpg
    They won't tell you what their eligibility criteria is; it's business sensitive information and often automated so no one ends up knowing anyway.
Top Merchants