Amazon added £1.25 onto my order?

Found 7th Dec 2011
Ordered some Mp3s the other day costing £3.56 - just looked at debit card statement and they have charged me £4.81 - states there is a £1.25 CHARGE? Any idea what this is about?
Community Updates
36 Comments
Banned
^^^^ this
Original Poster
FROM AMAZON:

Item(s) Subtotal: £3.56
Postage & Packing: £0.00
-----
Total: £3.56
-----
Grand Total: £3.56

STATEMENT SAYS 05DEC11 , AMAZON DIGITAL , DWNLDS , AMAZON.CO.UK LU , CHARGE 1.25

Edited by: "bargainhunter2009" 7th Dec 2011
Original Poster
Nothing on my amazon account about a charge. Have emailed them but what a cheek!
Currency conversion on your card?
Original Poster
Thanks but I have bought loads of stuff and no charges before? Only this one. I have a visa Natwest card. This was Amazon.co.uk
often when it states the item is free delivery, it changes to first class when u go through to payment and you have to change it back to free super saver delivery. Maybe this happened?
Original Poster
No delivery charge, was mp3s...waiting for them to email me
The bank did it.

/thread
People pay for mp3's? oO
Original Poster
They are useless, they said they dont know what it is so tough luck
Original Poster
Shengis

The bank did it./thread

But why? Never had this before
Banned
you're overdrawn?
Original Poster
lumoruk

you're overdrawn?

No! never been overdrawn in my life
bargainhunter2009

But why? Never had this before

Ring the bank and ask them. Sure it wasn't the .com site?
Original Poster
It was the .co.uk website, but apparently from google search they charge you from EU SARL which is Luxemboug and Natwest charges £1.25 extra for this, odd as never had this before
Its a foreign currency charge as when its uk payment gateway is busy it sends you through its eu payment centre which is based in Luxenbourg and some card providers charge forthis as they see it as a foreign transaction.
Edited by: "GAVINLEWISHUKD" 7th Dec 2011
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD

Its a foreign currency charge as when its uk payment gateway is busy it … Its a foreign currency charge as when its uk payment gateway is busy it sends you through iteu payment centre which is based in Luxenbourgandsome card providers charge forthisas theysee it as a foreign transaction.

Thanks, I have found this from google. However I have NEVER been charged this before and if this is the case I will never shop with Amazon again

LOL

bargainhunter2009

Thanks, I have found this from google. However I have NEVER been charged … Thanks, I have found this from google. However I have NEVER been charged this before and if this is the case I will never shop with Amazon again

Original Poster
Civic EG6

LOL

Why lol? A mp3 costing 69 or 89p plus a 1.25 charge is utterly ridiculous
bargainhunter2009

Thanks, I have found this from google. However I have NEVER been charged … Thanks, I have found this from google. However I have NEVER been charged this before and if this is the case I will never shop with Amazon again

Well not many people do get charged as its rare that amazons uk payment centre is too busy and many banks dont charge. Best you can hope for is to ask amazon if they will give you the £1.25 as credit as a gesture of good will.
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well not many people do get charged as its rare that amazons uk payment … Well not many people do get charged as its rare that amazons uk payment centre is too busy and many banks dont charge. Best you can hope for is to ask amazon if they will give you the £1.25 as credit as a gesture of good will.

oh ok thanks. I have asked Amazon, they said they have no idea what it is as they cannot see it on their system

Do Lloyds charge it? I have a lloyds debit card
Yes its your bank that have charged you not Amazon. If you look at you banks t&c it will list the fee. Amazon just do this when busy rather than saying we are busy try later.
Original Poster
Thanks Gavin thats great, I am chasing Amazon for this as they are in the wrong for routing via Luxembourg
Original Poster
Still not got anywhere...amazon been useless as they have no way of seeing the transaction.... They are at fault for taking the the money abroad
Banned
It's not effing amazons fault!!

It's your bank that have made the charge for paying Amazon in Luxembourg. So who do you contact?
dimebars

It's not effing amazons fault!!It's your bank that have made the charge … It's not effing amazons fault!!It's your bank that have made the charge for paying Amazon in Luxembourg. So who do you contact?

Carpet Right in Dunstable
Banned
Thanks for clarifying Numpty
dimebars

Thanks for clarifying Numpty

no worries, these are troubling times, it's always useful to lend a helping hand.

Ask for Barry in store, he'll do you a special discount on a nice flying carpet as well lol.

Edited by: "numptyj" 8th Dec 2011
Original Poster
Spoke to Amazon...then natwest who said amazon have it.

Its a joke. Amazon say Natwest have it, Natwest say Amazon have it. For gods sake, its fraud then as apparently someone has the money. I am worried about buying on Amazon again. Will Lloyds charge me this?
Edited by: "bargainhunter2009" 8th Dec 2011
I would just kill myself
bargainhunter2009

Spoke to Amazon...then natwest who said amazon have it.Its a joke. Amazon … Spoke to Amazon...then natwest who said amazon have it.Its a joke. Amazon say Natwest have it, Natwest say Amazon have it. For gods sake, its fraud then as apparently someone has the money. I am worried about buying on Amazon again. Will Lloyds charge me this?

NatWest have it, it's their charge ffs.
Original Poster
I know Shengis, the idiots at Natwest say they do not have it. Pathetic! They are saying Amazon have it, worst bank ever
Banned

Who's the real idiot? You've been chasing amazon for a charge levied by your bank!

bargainhunter2009

I know Shengis, the idiots at Natwest say they do not have it. Pathetic! … I know Shengis, the idiots at Natwest say they do not have it. Pathetic! They are saying Amazon have it, worst bank ever

Original Poster
dimebars I am not an idiot, I have been chasing both. I had to chase amazon as natwest said it was with them (even though I know its not). What an awful bank natwest are.
Original Poster
Also Amazon should not have processed the payment abroad, if they had not done that there would be no problems
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants