Amazon advice request please.

Found 12th Aug
Hi

I ordered an item which arrived today. The item is different from what I ordered (it’s actually a more expensive product, but not suitable for what I want).

I telephoned them, and they said that it’s a 3rd party product which they delivered (prime) and it’s down to me to return it via courier and then they’d refund?????

I explained that I just want the correct item which I ordered, and that it’s surely not right that I have all the hassle when it’s their fault?

has anyone else had this, how do I stand! Wouldn’t know the first thing about arranging a courier. Not prepared to waste my time either.
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Contact the seller and they may send a replacement with a returns label....possibly.
Ask again for it to be collected for a refund
Hi it’s a 3rd party seller, fulfilled by amazon. They said they cannot organise it - can send labels, but I have to pay and get them to refund. Honestly makes me want to never use amazon again! I wouldn’t mind if the mistake was my fault
Is it worth a web chat , they normally offer a post office pre paid label as one option , then all you have to do is drop it off at the post office .
I had to return a mattress that I had sent from Amazon UK to Italy.

I paid 140 euros for a courier to collect it from my family address in Italy and then Amazon refunded that plus £116 for the mattress.

It's a hassle yes. They wouldn't agree to collect it themselves.
tinkerbellian12th Aug

Is it worth a web chat , they normally offer a post office pre paid label …Is it worth a web chat , they normally offer a post office pre paid label as one option , then all you have to do is drop it off at the post office .

Hi, it’s a big glass tv stand which weighs a tonne - I wouldn’t be bothered that way, it’s the having to organise and wait in for a courier when I’m not at fault. Thanks anyway.
hearts2212th Aug

I had to return a mattress that I had sent from Amazon UK to Italy.I paid …I had to return a mattress that I had sent from Amazon UK to Italy.I paid 140 euros for a courier to collect it from my family address in Italy and then Amazon refunded that plus £116 for the mattress.It's a hassle yes. They wouldn't agree to collect it themselves.

Thanks, and was that their error too
Have you been in touch with the seller? Amazon are only the marketplace, you bought from a seller. The seller will no doubt sort it out for you and if you ask and they don't (you have to ask them first) then you can file an A-Z.
windym3 m ago

Have you been in touch with the seller? Amazon are only the marketplace, …Have you been in touch with the seller? Amazon are only the marketplace, you bought from a seller. The seller will no doubt sort it out for you and if you ask and they don't (you have to ask them first) then you can file an A-Z.

I believe I was told they were based in China, and that Amazon hold their stock
It doesn't matter where they are, if you contact them they may try to resolve. If they don't you need to read Amazon's A_Z to make sure you have done all you need to do and then open a claim.

Edit to add, don't muddy the waters by saying it's unsuitable as that is all some sellers/Amazon will hear. The item isn't as described - then state the reason it isn't the item you ordered.
Edited by: "windym" 12th Aug
Send them an email and ask them to organise the return because it’s the wrong item. Hopefully you will get a better response, more to your liking.

However had to do a return like that once before on a large item which had been sold by Amazon it was actually easier to do it myself. Used think it was DHL and you can tell them when to come, so it’s little effort for you. Once DHL had the item Amazon gave the refund.
katybeanx1 h, 48 m ago

Thanks, and was that their error too

Yep, mattress was defective. Sold and dispatched by Amazon in my case.
katybeanx6 h, 39 m ago

Hi, it’s a big glass tv stand which weighs a tonne - I wouldn’t be bot …Hi, it’s a big glass tv stand which weighs a tonne - I wouldn’t be bothered that way, it’s the having to organise and wait in for a courier when I’m not at fault. Thanks anyway.

If you don't want to wait in for a courier and its too heavy for you to take somewhere, the options to facillitate a return seem limited.
Is there not a "Return" option next to the item within the specific order history at your Amazon account? That would normally guide you through the return options.
I had a fault with a hot tub and amazon couldn’t send someone to pick it up due to it weighing 40kg. They asked me to sort out a courier and they’d refund - I did, and then they refunded me. No issues.
Update! Amazon have apologised and issued a refund without a return- mistake was with them!

have just ordered a 2nd stand which is delivered tomorrow, fingers crossed it’s the right one

many thanks to all replies.
katybeanx13th Aug

Update! Amazon have apologised and issued a refund without a return- …Update! Amazon have apologised and issued a refund without a return- mistake was with them!have just ordered a 2nd stand which is delivered tomorrow, fingers crossed it’s the right one many thanks to all replies.

Great result!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants