Amazon Alexa Xbox skill now available in the UK

Deal editor7
Posted 15th Nov 2018
and it surprisingly works very well

[Here's the link]

I had difficulty linking my Xbox account on the Amazon page, so I did it with no issues on the Amazon Alexa app

*** Xbox Skill for Alexa is currently in Beta in the UK and may result in some misunderstood commands ***

With the Xbox Skill for Alexa, you can interact with your Xbox One console using just your voice. Turn your Xbox One on and off, launch games and apps, play and pause videos, and more, all from any Alexa-enabled device or Alexa apps on iOS and Android.

To get started, sign into the Xbox One console you want to control, tap "Enable Skill" in the Alexa app, and sign in with your Microsoft account. The console you are signed into will be automatically linked or you can actively enable it on your console under Settings>Devices>Digital Assistants. To add additional consoles to control, go to the Smart Home Devices section of the Alexa app.

To learn what the Xbox Skill can do, just say “Alexa, ask Xbox what can I say?”

Here are some commands to get you started:
- "Alexa, tell Xbox to turn on." (Instant On must be enabled to turn on your console)
- "Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Forza Horizon 4." (To turn on your console and start the game)
- "Alexa, tell Xbox to pause." (While a video is playing on Xbox)
- "Alexa, tell Xbox to turn it up."
- "Alexa, tell Xbox to record that."
- "Alexa, tell Xbox to start a party."

You can also target the Xbox One console as a smart home device:
- "Alexa, turn on [device name]"
- "Alexa, pause [device name]”
- “Alexa, volume up on [device name]”
- "Alexa, launch Forza Horizon 4."
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
Worked fine through the app so will give it a go later
Nice - where's "Alexa, tell Kinnect not to bother"
"Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Forza Horizon 4." (To turn on your console and start the game)

The only one I would use hopefully comes to google home soon.

With IFTT and harmony I can do a lot of functions including pause through harmony.
Would this mean being unfaithful to Cortana? She might not like the attention Alexa is suddenly getting
ohh hope ps4 gets one 😁
So to use this all I need is the Alexa app from Google playstore? I havnt got any other Alexa tech in the house
Not much use if it only supports Forza Horizon 4.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants