Amazon and Oculus Rift

Found 13th Feb
Amazon are an absolute joke, ordered an Oculus Rift from them and received clearly a used item so they agreed to send another one out to me which turns out is another used item.

They gave me £5 and an apology and I have the inconvenience or having print out the return labels at the local library and go to the post office.

From what they said they’re gonna investigate it and pull the item from being sold till then as I wasn’t offered a replacement and was told they’ll be selling it again the future, though I highly doubt it they’ll temporarily stop selling it.

It’s ridiculous, makes it worse that I work for Amazon
Community Updates
MiscElectronics
Top comments
jco8318 m ago

You should tell them you find it inappropriate that you spend your own …You should tell them you find it inappropriate that you spend your own time going about sending the items back to them when the blame for the situation lies entirely with them.Tell them you consider it appropriate that they themselves arrange for the items to be collected from yourself.

Or, in English, ask Amazon to arrange to collect the item from you.
5 Comments
I heard a story on reddit where they bought one (sure it was new as well) and when it arrived the headset was one of them £3 ones.
they do this to investigate the issue, they dont want anyone else to be inconvenienced so while its investigated through the supply chain they put a stop to selling it. Actually a good thing, stops others getting used items, fixes the supply chain and most people would understand
That's why I'd never work for a firm daft-enough to employ me.
You should tell them you find it inappropriate that you spend your own time going about sending the items back to them when the blame for the situation lies entirely with them.
Tell them you consider it appropriate that they themselves arrange for the items to be collected from yourself.
jco8318 m ago

You should tell them you find it inappropriate that you spend your own …You should tell them you find it inappropriate that you spend your own time going about sending the items back to them when the blame for the situation lies entirely with them.Tell them you consider it appropriate that they themselves arrange for the items to be collected from yourself.

Or, in English, ask Amazon to arrange to collect the item from you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants