Amazon - anyone got problems with faulty goods?

Found 6th Jan
I've been a member of amazon prime for 3 years now, and up until 4 months ago I had a great experience. Over the last 4 months I have found many of my purchases from amazon were faulty or stopped working over a short period of time.
At least with Prime it doesn't cost me to return the product, but its the disappointment, inconvenience etc that is annoying me.
Examples of items I've returned - headphones, jump leads, phone case that didn't fit the phone model, portable battery charger, usb type c adapter.
Maybe I've just had a run of bad luck?
Would be grateful if anyone else has similar experience to share. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
"Would be grateful if anyone else has similar experience to share."

Well that's a bit spiteful.....

I’ve had 2 things faulty, and amazon have been fabulous for both.
Not sure it's amazon's fault if something a third party has made goes faulty or your buying cheap tat.
had a phone case come in the wrong size too and I had a light that just weirdly stopped working after two days both sent back relatively easily
Only stuff I had to complain about was chocolate haha.

In one instance they sent a box that was supposed to contain a certain number of bars and it had fewer instead.

In another instance the chocolate bar arrived completely melted.

Both times Amazon said to keep the chocolate already delivered and they redelivered the first time and refunded me the second one.
I had a faulty ladder arrive the other day - it was a third party seller but I spoke to amazon on the phone and said I was concerned about how I was going to return it and could the seller be contacted to collect it....amazon said they’d arrange an immediate refund and to dispose of it myself rather than the trouble of returning. Brilliant service.
bluep54 m ago

I had a faulty ladder arrive the other day - it was a third party seller …I had a faulty ladder arrive the other day - it was a third party seller but I spoke to amazon on the phone and said I was concerned about how I was going to return it and could the seller be contacted to collect it....amazon said they’d arrange an immediate refund and to dispose of it myself rather than the trouble of returning. Brilliant service.

Had the same with a table tennis table... arrived with a big split on one of the panels. Too big to fit in my car to take to the tip... couldn't give it away for love nor money either!
Amazon are getting progressively worse. I've had a couple of purchases turn sour with them recently, with it not being worth the cost to resolve it when they'd shorted me or ripped me off. I don't get why people are so sycophantic towards them.
Problem with Amazon is it can be like GearBest with an Amazon storefront. Going by the list of products in the OP, they were probably all cheap tat manufacturers. That’s more a buyers problem chasing ‘value’ than the stores product quality.
I had a few things over the years, and Amazon always did the right thing. Even going above their duties, for example a couple of weeks ago I ordered 1 HDMI cable (£3.99) and some phone covers (wrong product, my mistake, £4.99). I tried to cancel immediately, but they still sent them. I contacted them to send them back and get a refund, but somehow it showed that i had to pay the P&P because it was my fault, I contacted them by phone, and the agent after speaking to a supervisor said that I would get a full refund and that I could keep the products!! I know it was only cheap stuff and probably cost Amazon more to get them back but still
jeannot181 h, 42 m ago

I had a few things over the years, and Amazon always did the right thing. …I had a few things over the years, and Amazon always did the right thing. Even going above their duties, for example a couple of weeks ago I ordered 1 HDMI cable (£3.99) and some phone covers (wrong product, my mistake, £4.99). I tried to cancel immediately, but they still sent them. I contacted them to send them back and get a refund, but somehow it showed that i had to pay the P&P because it was my fault, I contacted them by phone, and the agent after speaking to a supervisor said that I would get a full refund and that I could keep the products!! I know it was only cheap stuff and probably cost Amazon more to get them back but still

If you go on live chat, they give you a free return usually.
Technically they shouldn't as you are returning because you have changed your mind or made a mistake yourself but in my case they seemed to think I was complaining that the item was faulty and I got charged to return it and so they sent me a prepaid label!

You could also just lie and select that it's faulty so that's why you're sending it back.
Did that but only once
Edited by: "hearts22" 7th Jan
Yep, found it much the same as op this year. Returns are worse too, the new automated system they have with passmyparcel is a joke.
cowsindahouse34 m ago

Yep, found it much the same as op this year. Returns are worse too, the …Yep, found it much the same as op this year. Returns are worse too, the new automated system they have with passmyparcel is a joke.

Move had many awful experiences with that silly handheld scanner, I can see my parcel but the thing doesn’t scan!! So they don’t release it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions