Amazon apparently delivered parcel benind my bins..

Posted 12th Nov 2019
as per title I've never ever thought Amazon would even attempt such a stupid thing it's a reasonably high value item and when I'm not normally in they delivery to a neighbour which I have zero issues with it turns out the item wasn't there as stated so I rang Amazon immediately and the lady said it wouldn't have been left there it's to high value and they don't athorise the drivers to do that on high value items she said the driver would of took it back but I did state that's not what it says on card left. customer service agent said leave it till 13th November even tho I was super sceptical with the whole thing i was reassured it was taken back and delivery would be attempted the next day none of that had happened. what should I expect from this? anyone ever experienced anything similar I'm very annoyed but as it stands I have to wait till tomorrow for anything to be done
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Must be very frustrating for delivery drivers when people order things for delivery knowing they will not be at home. Here's an idea if you order something for delivery make sure there is someone at the delivery location to receive the item. You wouldn't order your grocery shop to arrive at a time you where not at home would you?
666FU13/11/2019 00:40

Must be very frustrating for delivery drivers when people order things for …Must be very frustrating for delivery drivers when people order things for delivery knowing they will not be at home. Here's an idea if you order something for delivery make sure there is someone at the delivery location to receive the item. You wouldn't order your grocery shop to arrive at a time you where not at home would you?

But you get a time slot when you do your food shopping , you don't with amazon drivers .
Amazon push us to deliver every single parcel they don’t like to when any come back to the depot. Returns are recorded against drivers and if it happens regularly get the sack. Most drivers will leave in a “safe place” rather than a neighbour because it’s much quicker and we are on a really tight schedule.
666FU13/11/2019 02:01

Which is why you should make sure someone is home all day. You might have …Which is why you should make sure someone is home all day. You might have to pay extra for a weekend delivery but that's your problem not Amazon's.

You're meant to enable 'safeplace' on Amazon if you want it left somewhere so at least they have something on their side. 'Making sure someone is at home all day' is overkill if you didn't ask them to leave the parcel somewhere, I should imagine if I didn't say it was ok to leave down the side of the house/bins/whatever that they'd leave a card, take back to depot and attempt delivery at another time. It is definitely Amazon's problem if you've paid for an item and not had it delivered...
50 Comments
Sc4mp013/11/2019 19:05

Sorry but that makes no sense at all as they even put a card through her …Sorry but that makes no sense at all as they even put a card through her door.If you had said they left with neighbour with no card through your mums door, although frustrating, would make sense but for them to deliver to a neighbour and the original address appears like your mum didn't hear them/was in the loo/was outside in the back when they knocked/rang the bell

Apparently they were delivering a parcel to the neighbour and just handed my mum's parcel to him. My dad actually chased them after the card came through the door, but the Amazon guy was quicker.
Sox7713/11/2019 10:39

Amazon dumped £50 in gift vouchers on my front doorstep last week. Not …Amazon dumped £50 in gift vouchers on my front doorstep last week. Not only was I in when it was delivered but also it probably would have fitted through my letterbox. Luckily I found them before they were taken but I wasn't impressed.

Should have said they was stolen
Cancelled my Prime because the Amazon drivers are so poor.
I'm taking at least 10 times where they dropped the parcel off at other homes on my street. Even though i'm always in, they never even attempted to drop at my house, two times i watched the van pull up and just leave the parcel with someone else.

So i'm done ordering from Amazon, they suck.
I have to admit our Amazon guy is brilliant, never had any issues with our deliveries and if I've asked him to leave it without a signature he makes extra effort to cover my item so it doesn't get wet
rocktoons2813/11/2019 14:08

Sorry to hear mate, mom’s more important than parcels anyway!

But nothing is more important than saying and spelling MUM correctly.
Did your MUM not give you enough attention?
BadMF14/11/2019 10:37

But nothing is more important than saying and spelling MUM correctly.

Depends where you are in the country, in the West Midlands, particularly the Black Country area it is commonplace to say and spell Mom instead and has been for decades.
666FU13/11/2019 02:01

Which is why you should make sure someone is home all day. You might have …Which is why you should make sure someone is home all day. You might have to pay extra for a weekend delivery but that's your problem not Amazon's.

That is ridiculous, if you already pay for Prime you are paying for a service.

DPD give you at least estimated delivery time slots....Amazon provide you with an ETA ONLY when the driver gets within about 7-8 drops on their round away from your house.

Amazon should have way better backend software than they have got for parcel tracking and customer notification.
cicobuff14/11/2019 10:45

Depends where you are in the country, in the West Midlands, particularly …Depends where you are in the country, in the West Midlands, particularly the Black Country area it is commonplace to say and spell Mom instead and has been for decades.

Correct, im in the west midlands 🏽
EndlessWaves13/11/2019 10:27

I'll ring your local supermarket then, inform them that you're happy to …I'll ring your local supermarket then, inform them that you're happy to pay £5 for parking when visiting on the weekend.

Thanks, 0345 677 9736.
Get back to me later with an update.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants