Amazon Basics Portable External Battery Charger

Found 12th Mar
Has anyone ever bought a Amazon Basics Portable External Battery Charger? I just got this email

We're contacting you in relation to AmazonBasics Portable External Battery Charger 10,000 mAh, purchased in your Amazon.co.uk order #***********. We discovered that this product can potentially overheat, posing a fire hazard. Due to these possible risks, we are asking you to cease using the product. In order to allow us to process the refund, we invite you to confirm through the link below if you still have the product, and follow the disposal instructions. A refund will be issued via Gift Card within 10 working days of confirmation of possession of the unit(s).

I thought it was spam at first but, it is legit. Looks like I'll be getting a refund for the 4 units I purchased.
Community Updates
2 Comments
It's worth adding that while Amazon say you can have a refund via a gift card, your statutory rights in this instance grant you the right to a proper refund, with the money you spent on these items restored to your credit or debit card.

If anyone's affected, you are entirely better off demanding a monetary refund rather than just a gift card to the value of. Take the cash, spend it anywhere, and without any of Amazon's T&Cs or valid-until dates attached.
Gift card, now that is cheeky but its Amazon at the end of the day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants