amazon being very crafty with Black Friday (echo dot)

Well I was waiting for echo dot to come down in price on Black Friday (which it has down to £39.99) however they were offering buy 5 get 1 free when they were £49.99. Now it has been reduced it only gives a £10 ish saving on six dots. As they aren't offering buy 5 get 1 free. Sneaky sneaky.

12 Comments

every time I refreshed the price changed back so I had to use two browsers till I got one through the checkout at the after midnight special price

every time I refreshed the price changed back so I had to use two browsers till I got one through the checkout at the after midnight special price

Why is it sneaky? You chose not to take their other deal...

Also when they 1st released the Echo at £149, prime customers could buy it for £99.. black friday price £120

Original Poster

aharleyjones

Also when they 1st released the Echo at £149, prime customers could buy … Also when they 1st released the Echo at £149, prime customers could buy it for £99.. black friday price £120

Exactly just proves Black Friday deals may not actually be deals.

Original Poster

kristoff1875

Because there was no end date in the terms for the buy 5 deal. It may be better doing it this way as if I had to return 1 they would refund in full whereas in the buy 5 deal I would pay £49.99 but only get a £40 refund due to the free one.

use primenow if you can and use NOWTEN code. just got one for £29.99. I have used the code before so wasn't expecting it to work
Edited by: "caverncity" 25th Nov 2016

oh didn't realise had to be cheapest ever to be a deal
find deal, engage brain, choose

kristoff1875

barrel24

Seems to me like you missed out on a better deal and you're a bit miffed about it. Ultimately if you don't take a deal and chance the Black Friday deal, then that's your choice. Most people will probably buy 1 or 2 of these rather than 5, meaning the deal they've put on is better for the majority people.

It proves nothing like that. Just because it's not the cheapest that it's been it doesn't mean it's not a deal. They rewarded early purchasers with a limited time price and I say fair play to them for not dropping below that price. It means people who got them early (I didn't so i'm impartial) got the absolute best deal on them.

barrel24

They are business deals for generating profit, then it is incidental if customers saw them as customer deals too as customer satisfaction is important but can be manipulated and controlled by analytics and social + PR exploitation by opinion change experts which are paid £100,000+ salaries.

Who needs 6 dots though?

Original Poster

danielseward408

Who needs 6 dots though?

3 for us 3 for presents.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow817
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2465
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767375
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1428

See more discussions