Amazon Black Friday is Crap.

Posted 25th NovEdited by:"SixtyFive"
As above.
It's become worse as Amazon takes more shops from the streets of the UK giving them greater control over retail outlets in the UK.
Do you agree or not?
Community Updates
Top comments
Biddy225/11/2019 03:12

Comment deleted

Remoaners blaming everything on Brexit
It would be best for our economy if we left straight away in 2015 with No Deal
But Brexit has got nothing to do with Amazon poor Black Friday sales, may theory is they want to make Prime day look better so people get prime

It's not just UK Amazon with poor Black Friday it's other countries too
28 Comments
I think I'll decide whether I agree or not after Black Friday has actually been and gone, not now.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 25th Nov
39104160-rqUS3.jpg
Yeah, give the high street a break, stop posting your Amazon deal threads.
I’d say it’s become worse as we’ve hurt our own economy with all this fumbling over Brexit.

Anyway, Amazon merely price matches everyone else 99% of the time. They aren’t the leaders in price cuts.

Unless you’re into gaming, Black Friday has always been crap apart from the first two years too. It’s a marketing tool designed to manipulate you into believing you’re getting a good deal despite the prices having been cheaper throughout the year.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 25th Nov
Norseg25/11/2019 03:09

Comment deleted

And you jumped the gun with that edit and brought out the tired old “remoaners” line.

Here’s a tip. When someone says “fumbling” it generally means when something is handled clumsily. My comment had naff all to do with what you voted for.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 25th Nov
Biddy225/11/2019 03:12

Comment deleted

Remoaners blaming everything on Brexit
It would be best for our economy if we left straight away in 2015 with No Deal
But Brexit has got nothing to do with Amazon poor Black Friday sales, may theory is they want to make Prime day look better so people get prime

It's not just UK Amazon with poor Black Friday it's other countries too
Biddy225/11/2019 03:14

And you jumped the gun with that edit and brought out the tired old …And you jumped the gun with that edit and brought out the tired old “remoaners” line. Here’s a tip. When someone says “fumbling” it generally means when something is handled clumsily. My comment had naff all to do with what you voted for.

It's handled clumsily because its handled by both lying Tories and Labour, both who don't want Brexit to happen despite the country wanting it
Democracy aye. Keep saying you delay something and the people won't rise up because they can't since they took away the right for firearms decades ago so they can put us all in cages in they wanted and we won't say or do nowt because we can't and we're pushovers, the British way
Edited by: "Norseg" 25th Nov
Norseg25/11/2019 03:18

Remoaners blaming everything on BrexitIt would be best for our economy if …Remoaners blaming everything on BrexitIt would be best for our economy if we left straight away in 2015 with No DealBut Brexit has got nothing to do with Amazon poor Black Friday sales, may theory is they want to make Prime day look better so people get prime It's not just UK Amazon with poor Black Friday it's other countries too

We’ll see come Friday because America has better deals than we do on many items (based on the leaks and released info).

Judging by the deals posted on here from Amazon’s other European operations too, they’re having better Black Friday deals than we are.

There has to be a reason for the UK lacking this year. I’m half expecting it to change on Friday (more and better offers will be released) but we’ll see.
Norseg25/11/2019 03:20

It's handled clumsily because its handled by both lying Tories and Labour, …It's handled clumsily because its handled by both lying Tories and Labour, both who don't want Brexit to happen despite the country wanting itDemocracy aye. Keep saying you delay something and the people won't rise up because they can't since they took away the right for firearms decades ago so they can put us all in cages in they wanted and we won't say or do nowt because we can't and we're pushovers, the British way

After 3 years, I’m past caring about it really. They either need to do it or don’t because it’s taking away from tackling domestic problems that need fixing urgently.
Biddy225/11/2019 03:23

We’ll see come Friday because America has better deals than we do on many i …We’ll see come Friday because America has better deals than we do on many items (based on the leaks and released info). Judging by the deals posted on here from Amazon’s other European operations too, they’re having better Black Friday deals than we are. There has to be a reason for the UK lacking this year. I’m half expecting it to change on Friday (more and better offers will be released) but we’ll see.

Better? Obviously, it always has been even before talks of the Brexit vote other Countries have had it better since we have a 20% tax on top of everything compared to USA where it could be zero or around 8% (average) and even before tax we just screwed since nobody says anything
Biddy225/11/2019 03:26

After 3 years, I’m past caring about it really. They either need to do it o …After 3 years, I’m past caring about it really. They either need to do it or don’t because it’s taking away from tackling domestic problems that need fixing urgently.

No, it's not they need to do it or dont

They need to do it, no ifs not buts the government can't weasel there way out of this no matter how hard they try without starting a revolution or civil war, the people voted they need to honor it, it's called democracy, delaying is just delaying the inevitable
Norseg25/11/2019 03:27

Better? Obviously, it always has been even before talks of the Brexit vote …Better? Obviously, it always has been even before talks of the Brexit vote other Countries have had it better since we have a 20% tax on top of everything compared to USA where it could be zero or around 8% (average)

Someone is slapping more than just VAT on our prices then because even with that factored in, we’re getting mugged off compared to the US. Our VAT rates really aren’t that high compared to most of the EU as well.

39104500-41Nej.jpg
Biddy225/11/2019 03:33

Someone is slapping more than just VAT on our prices then because even …Someone is slapping more than just VAT on our prices then because even with that factored in, we’re getting mugged off compared to the US. Our VAT rates really aren’t that high compared to most of the EU as well. [Image]

Yeah I said, it's been happening way before Brexit
It's always bugged me, I notice stuff like this from as early as 2013 and i guess its always been happening since when i look back the rrp of some products even factoring in inflation and vat we pay a lot more for the same product, probably been happening since forever and it's still happening, welcome to rip off Britian, we've always been paying a large premium on electronics compared to USA even factoring in VAT

When Xbox one released that's when I actually realized when they was charging $500 £500 €500 all for the same product, USA had it cheapest, this was early 2013
Norseg25/11/2019 03:27

Better? Obviously, it always has been even before talks of the Brexit vote …Better? Obviously, it always has been even before talks of the Brexit vote other Countries have had it better since we have a 20% tax on top of everything compared to USA where it could be zero or around 8% (average) and even before tax we just screwed since nobody says anything

The cost of living in America is much, much higher than in the UK.
Pandamansays25/11/2019 10:01

Groceries in america cost a small fortune compared to what we pay in the uk.
Pandamansays25/11/2019 10:01

No it's not, Gasoline/Petrol, Property Prices, Electronics devices, etc is a a lot cheaper in USA
But some food may cost more in stores but they just include stuff you rarely buy like Milk, Eggs and Potatoes, they don't include actually things what is most people's groceries list like Coca cola, snacks, ready meals, frozen food it's cheaper or the same

Milk and Eggs aren't my cost of living, my cost of living are my petrol, car tax, electronic prices, game prices, rent, tax, which are much lower in USA
matthews947925/11/2019 10:14

Groceries in america cost a small fortune compared to what we pay in the …Groceries in america cost a small fortune compared to what we pay in the uk.

But some food may cost more in stores but they just include stuff you rarely buy like Milk, Eggs and Potatoes, they don't include actually things what is most people's groceries list like Coca cola, snacks, ready meals, frozen food it's cheaper or the same

I'll prefer to pay a little extra for milk every week than have to spend £200 more on a phone and more than double on electric, plus paying tons in rent and tax, UK has a lot more tax, a lot of hidden tax too such as "TV License" and things are just getting worst with things like the Sugar Tax, Plastic Bag tax
matthews947925/11/2019 10:14

Groceries in america cost a small fortune compared to what we pay in the …Groceries in america cost a small fortune compared to what we pay in the uk.

Indeed they do.
Norseg25/11/2019 17:33

No it's not, Gasoline/Petrol, Property Prices, Electronics devices, etc is …No it's not, Gasoline/Petrol, Property Prices, Electronics devices, etc is a a lot cheaper in USABut some food may cost more in stores but they just include stuff you rarely buy like Milk, Eggs and Potatoes, they don't include actually things what is most people's groceries list like Coca cola, snacks, ready meals, frozen food it's cheaper or the sameMilk and Eggs aren't my cost of living, my cost of living are my petrol, car tax, electronic prices, game prices, rent, tax, which are much lower in USA

Milk, eggs and potatoes are most peoples cost of living. I don't agree that their ready meals are cheaper, but I agree that petrol & electronics are cheaper. There is another thing you haven't mentioned - medical insurance. Some of my friends pay more in medical insurance in a year, than I earn in a year. All in all, they need to earn considerably more to enjoy a similar standard of living.
Pandamansays26/11/2019 00:11

Milk, eggs and potatoes are most peoples cost of living. I don't agree …Milk, eggs and potatoes are most peoples cost of living. I don't agree that their ready meals are cheaper, but I agree that petrol & electronics are cheaper. There is another thing you haven't mentioned - medical insurance. Some of my friends pay more in medical insurance in a year, than I earn in a year. All in all, they need to earn considerably more to enjoy a similar standard of living.

NHS isn't free, it's paid by tons of tax so you're basically paying for it even if you don't need it

Tell me if I live a healthy life why should I have to pay some fat persons healthcare
I only think Healthcare should be free for soemthing you're born with or something you pick up from something what isn't your fault, example they shouldn't be paying for lung and liver treatment for chain smokers and alcoholics or paying for bills because some drunk broke his leg whilst messing around, that may sound harsh but sorry to say if you break your leg messing around it's your fault and you should be held responsible but if you're born with a disease or something than yeah free because it's not your fault
Our healthcare system is failing because 1, Poor management and 2. abuse
Also that's bs that there health insurance is more than a year of your pay btw USA actually pays a lot on health but they have a population 6x bigger than ours
Oh remember poor families in America actually get Medicare which is basically free insurance so it's middle class who have it bad
At least they don't have to wait for ages

It would had $32 trillion to debt in 10years in the best case scenario with Medicare for all
Edited by: "Norseg" 26th Nov
Norseg26/11/2019 00:20

NHS isn't free, it's paid by tons of tax so you're basically paying for it …NHS isn't free, it's paid by tons of tax so you're basically paying for it even if you don't need itTell me if I live a healthy life why should I have to pay some fat persons healthcare I only think Healthcare should be free for soemthing you're born with or something you pick up from something what isn't your fault, example they shouldn't be paying for lung and liver treatment for chain smokers and alcoholics or paying for bills because some drunk broke his leg whilst messing around, that may sound harsh but sorry to say if you break your leg messing around it's your fault and you should be held responsible but if you're born with a disease or something than yeah free because it's not your faultOur healthcare system is failing because 1, Poor management and 2. abuseAlso that's bs that there health insurance is more than a year of your pay btw USA actually pays a lot on health but they have a population 6x bigger than oursOh remember poor families in America actually get Medicare which is basically free insurance so it's middle class who have it badAt least they don't have to wait for ages

Why should some fat person pay for your healthcare when they aren’t receiving any help from their taxes paying into the NHS?

How do you determine it was smoking that caused a smoker’s lung cancer when people get lung cancer despite having never smoked a day in their life?

This is why we tend to be more civilised in this country (well most of us) and don’t take on such a garbage viewpoint like you’ve displayed.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 26th Nov
Biddy226/11/2019 00:44

Why should some fat person pay for your healthcare when they aren’t r …Why should some fat person pay for your healthcare when they aren’t receiving any help from their taxes paying into the NHS? How do you determine it was smoking that caused a smoker’s lung cancer when people get lung cancer despite having never smoked a day in their life?This is why we tend to be more civilised in this country (well most of us) and don’t take on such a garbage viewpoint like you’ve displayed.

Well that's just a example, I think it's a pretty good idea for people to take responsibility for their own actions that includes me, if I eat myself to death, it's not McDonalds fault it's not the foods fault, its not Societies fault it's my own and mine only so why should someone my medical bills be paid for? See where I'm coming from?

Oh this is not a more civilized country at all
We don't even have basic rights, we don't even have freedom of speech, most people don't feel safe in there own homes because they aren't allowed protection despite the high murder, robbery, violent crime rate, high terror level, etc

We're in a housing crisis, cost of college/uni's are higher than ever, high unemployment, failing NHS and poor welfare system, oh and like I said yesterday we basically pay £100s more for the exact same product
Norseg26/11/2019 00:58

Well that's just a example, I think it's a pretty good idea for people to …Well that's just a example, I think it's a pretty good idea for people to take responsibility for their own actions that includes me, if I eat myself to death, it's not McDonalds fault it's not the foods fault, its not Societies fault it's my own and mine only so why should someone my medical bills be paid for? See where I'm coming from?Oh this is not a more civilized country at allWe don't even have basic rights, we don't even have freedom of speech, most people don't feel safe in there own homes because they aren't allowed protection despite the high murder, robbery, violent crime rate, high terror level, etcWe're in a housing crisis, cost of college/uni's are higher than ever, high unemployment, failing NHS and poor welfare system, oh and like I said yesterday we basically pay £100s more for the exact same product

No, I don’t see where you’re coming from because there is no clear way to draw the line on what is and isn’t someone’s fault. For example, do we charge women to use the NHS when they give birth unless it’s a child conceived through rape? After all, it would be their fault they got pregnant by your definition. (This will lead to a drop in birth rates which will be extremely damaging for the country years later.)

The NHS is free to use for everyone for anything (except cosmetic surgery (unless it’s attached to a mental health issue/injury)). It doesn’t matter if you are rich or if you are poor, it is there for everyone. That should be a standard worldwide. America’s health system is disgusting and is not something to be praised.

Another thought for you. What about those on higher incomes with private health care already in the UK? Do we stop asking them to pay into the NHS because they don’t use it? If we did, that is the death of the NHS because they pay the most into it.

We have plenty of basic rights. That is not true at all. (Our rights are mostly better than those across the EU) You have freedom of speech. Plenty of it. You just don’t have the freedom to be nasty, racist or bigoted to someone (which is generally the real reason behind complaints of free speech. They want the freedom to be a ****) People don’t feel safe after 9 years of cuts to the police force. The housing crisis is caused by a lack of investment in the sector (because they don’t want to hurt their own pockets as landlords). Cost of Uni is sky high because again, of the current lot putting those costs up. High unemployment isn’t true. We’re doing quite well there (except it’s skewed by zero hour contracts). The NHS is struggling due to cuts through Austerity. The welfare system again, was redesigned by the current lot to punish rather than help people.

You sound like you should be voting Labour based on your points, yet you have rather right wing views at the same time. Something tells me you’ll still go set yourself up for at least 6 more years of hardship though because of “we must get Brexit done”.
Biddy226/11/2019 01:25

No, I don’t see where you’re coming from because there is no clear way to d …No, I don’t see where you’re coming from because there is no clear way to draw the line on what is and isn’t someone’s fault. For example, do we charge women to use the NHS when they give birth unless it’s a child conceived through rape? After all, it would be their fault they got pregnant by your definition. (This will lead to a drop in birth rates which will be extremely damaging for the country years later.)The NHS is free to use for everyone for anything (except cosmetic surgery (unless it’s attached to a mental health issue/injury)). It doesn’t matter if you are rich or if you are poor, it is there for everyone. That should be a standard worldwide. America’s health system is disgusting and is not something to be praised. Another thought for you. What about those on higher incomes with private health care already in the UK? Do we stop asking them to pay into the NHS because they don’t use it? If we did, that is the death of the NHS because they pay the most into it. We have plenty of basic rights. That is not true at all. (Our rights are mostly better than those across the EU) You have freedom of speech. Plenty of it. You just don’t have the freedom to be nasty, racist or bigoted to someone (which is generally the real reason behind complaints of free speech. They want the freedom to be a ****) People don’t feel safe after 9 years of cuts to the police force. The housing crisis is caused by a lack of investment in the sector (because they don’t want to hurt their own pockets as landlords). Cost of Uni is sky high because again, of the current lot putting those costs up. High unemployment isn’t true. We’re doing quite well there (except it’s skewed by zero hour contracts). The NHS is struggling due to cuts through Austerity. The welfare system again, was redesigned by the current lot to punish rather than help people. You sound like you should be voting Labour based on your points, yet you have rather right wing views at the same time. Something tells me you’ll still go set yourself up for at least 6 more years of hardship though because of “we must get Brexit done”.

"You have freedom of speech but you don't"
I wouldn't say police cuts are the reason why police force here sucks, they just do, they always have they send the entire station down for little incidents whilst in other countries they'll send just two people and they'll deal with it
I would say the reason why most people don't feel safe is crime rate because of left wing policies like how Sadiq Khan mayor if London increased time massively by stopping the stop and search than reversed that but the damage wss already done, than we have the knife situation which again was caused my the left
People need the right to defend themselves from robberies, rape or dictatorships and don't they Tyrannical governments don't happen since every Dictatorship takes away the guns first, Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong Un, Mao Zedong, and has early as 2015 with Venzenuela
Oh but mass shootings, tons of countries have guns not just USA, in USA Alone 3mil crimes get prevented and deterred every year because of guns, the gun deaths you see on most statistics are actually pumped up by Suicide which is 65% of gun deaths than most them are gangsters and got to remember the population is 360mil, gun control has proven not to work, they're proven to increase crime, look at US states what have tried it ans Brazil, shocker Making guns illegal doesn't stop criminals it's almost like they don't follow the law and use blackmarket guns anyway.

Tell me would you sleep better at night if your mother had something to defend herself, if not a gun than it could be a non lethal option like a pepper spray or Taser, tasers aren't very effective since they can go wrong but it's better than nothing at all
Norseg26/11/2019 01:44

"You have freedom of speech but you don't"I wouldn't say police cuts are …"You have freedom of speech but you don't"I wouldn't say police cuts are the reason why police force here sucks, they just do, they always have they send the entire station down for little incidents whilst in other countries they'll send just two people and they'll deal with itI would say the reason why most people don't feel safe is crime rate because of left wing policies like how Sadiq Khan mayor if London increased time massively by stopping the stop and search than reversed that but the damage wss already done, than we have the knife situation which again was caused my the left People need the right to defend themselves from robberies, rape or dictatorships and don't they Tyrannical governments don't happen since every Dictatorship takes away the guns first, Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong Un, Mao Zedong, and has early as 2015 with Venzenuela Oh but mass shootings, tons of countries have guns not just USA, in USA Alone 3mil crimes get prevented and deterred every year because of guns, the gun deaths you see on most statistics are actually pumped up by Suicide which is 65% of gun deaths than most them are gangsters and got to remember the population is 360mil, gun control has proven not to work, they're proven to increase crime, look at US states what have tried it ans Brazil, shocker Making guns illegal doesn't stop criminals it's almost like they don't follow the law and use blackmarket guns anyway.Tell me would you sleep better at night if your mother had something to defend herself, if not a gun than it could be a non lethal option like a pepper spray or Taser, tasers aren't very effective since they can go wrong but it's better than nothing at all

Why do you want to be given the freedom to be racist, bigoted and just plain nasty to people? It’s a very odd thing to want.

You reduce police numbers, you get more crime as they cannot deal with said crimes properly. It’s everything to do with cuts. Why else are they planning to increase them now? Do you honestly think the tories want to spend money reversing those cuts if the real reason was what you just said? Come on now.

We don’t have guns and we don’t live in a dictatorship so your theory about guns goes right out of the window really. I sleep very well at night to be honest. I’m not sure how you think us allowing guns would make us any safer than having no guns. You allow guns, criminals use said guns and with the police not be able to tackle crime effectively right now, why would you arm criminals? Your logic makes no sense on the matter. Much like it makes no sense in America. You’d be putting my mother in more danger. (Especially as she is disabled and wouldn’t be able to even get near to someone to fight back)

You’re actually showing one of the many problems this country has right now. It’s obsession with looking up to America. Meanwhile, America looks to us and wants to be more like us with our universal healthcare and having restrictions on guns.
Biddy226/11/2019 02:13

Why do you want to be given the freedom to be racist, bigoted and just …Why do you want to be given the freedom to be racist, bigoted and just plain nasty to people? It’s a very odd thing to want. You reduce police numbers, you get more crime as they cannot deal with said crimes properly. It’s everything to do with cuts. Why else are they planning to increase them now? Do you honestly think the tories want to spend money reversing those cuts if the real reason was what you just said? Come on now. We don’t have guns and we don’t live in a dictatorship so your theory about guns goes right out of the window really. I sleep very well at night to be honest. I’m not sure how you think us allowing guns would make us any safer than having no guns. You allow guns, criminals use said guns and with the police not be able to tackle crime effectively right now, why would you arm criminals? Your logic makes no sense on the matter. Much like it makes no sense in America. You’d be putting my mother in more danger. (Especially as she is disabled and wouldn’t be able to even get near to someone to fight back)You’re actually showing one of the many problems this country has right now. It’s obsession with looking up to America. Meanwhile, America looks to us and wants to be more like us with our universal healthcare and having restrictions on guns.

Hmmm I never said not having guns Means it's a Dictatorship but it easily can be, there's nothing stopping it, it can happen to any country at anytime, guns have already been used to overthrow Governments, Criminals are already armed with guns and knifes despite them being strictly controlled, can't even make cutlery now in the UK without getting asked for ID, it's almost like you're not listening to a word I am saying, it's stopped millions of crimes and even something like Pepper Spray and Taser may stop tons of crime and they're non lethal, and it's not like a criminal is going to turn in there knife and acid to start using tasers but that would be nice if they did happen but it's not a fantasyland, btw how on Earth would your mother be in more danger? If she has a gun a bullet travels, if she has papper spray or Taser gun she can stay safe up to about 12ft, so you're basically saying someone is better of defenseless if they was attacked by a rapist or robber??
And no America doesn't want Universal Healthcare and Restrictions on Guns hence why nobody is voting for Bernie Sanders

Freedom of Speech must be truly free if not you can basically arrest someone because the Government disagrees with their opinion, you've got people getting arrested for jokes and swearing in this country, I don't care who it is, a Neo Nazi, Communist, Extremist, as long as they're not calling for violence they should be heard
Without that you've got the UK where you'll get arrested by the Gustapo for making a joke about or talking about immigration

No such thing as Hate Speech mate

Anyway I'm getting a little tired of this back and forth of me just debunking things MSM told you
Norseg26/11/2019 02:22

Hmmm I never said not having guns Means it's a Dictatorship but it easily …Hmmm I never said not having guns Means it's a Dictatorship but it easily can be, there's nothing stopping it, it can happen to any country at anytime, guns have already been used to overthrow Governments, Criminals are already armed with guns and knifes despite them being strictly controlled, can't even make cutlery now in the UK without getting asked for ID, it's almost like you're not listening to a word I am sayingAnd no America doesn't want Universal Healthcare and Restrictions on Guns hence why nobody is voting for Bernie SandersFreedom of Speech must be truly free if not you can basically arrest someone because the Government disagrees with their opinion, you've got people getting arrested for jokes and swearing in this country, I don't care who it is, a Neo Nazi, Communist, Extremist, as long as they're not calling for violence they should be heardWithout that you've got the UK where you'll get arrested by the Gustapo for making a joke about or talking about immigrationNo such thing as Hate Speech mate

I’m listening to everything you are saying, it’s just none of it is remotely true of this country.

Unregulated free speech allows people like paedophiles to be protected for their views. You want to protect paedos too? Along with all the racists and those who discriminate people? Hmm... Something not right there.

Anyway, it’s been fun Norseg but I must get some kip.
Biddy226/11/2019 03:02

I’m listening to everything you are saying, it’s just none of it is rem …I’m listening to everything you are saying, it’s just none of it is remotely true of this country.Unregulated free speech allows people like paedophiles to be protected for their views. You want to protect paedos too? Along with all the racists and those who discriminate people? Hmm... Something not right there. Anyway, it’s been fun Norseg but I must get some kip.

Unregulated Free speech? No such thing as Limited Free Speech either it's free. It not
And now how does it protect pedophiles? How on Earth is it?

And yes even racists have the right to speech, since who determines what's allowed and not allowed, if you go by liberals on the internet I'm a racist because I disagree with mass immigration even though I prefer black and Chinese/Japanese women over white women but still considered a racist bigot by people like you because I speak about issues you disagree with so I get a nice little label such as sexist, xenophobic, racist, Islamphobic, transphobic, homophobic because i guess I'm considered Anti PC but I'm none of those things, should I be jailed because I don't hold Politically Correct Values? Of course I'm against Racism and Sexism like most people but that doesn't stop our government banning political figures from the UK, companies banning them from social media because they voted for Trump
In UK even Classic Liberals like Sargon of Akkad are considered Hateful
Remember it's so crazy now even Obama who used to be considered a socialist is now Conservative according to Washington Post
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions