Amazon Black Friday Lightening Deals View

Found 15th Nov 2017
Hey guys, not sure if you will remember, but a few years ago when the Black Friday sales were on at Amazon they used to put them at the top of the screen ordered by what lightning deals were live, and what were upcoming next and how long until they were live (abit like a scrolling slideshow of sorts)
I.e I would scroll through the list, see that the Walking Dead boxset was going live at 8pm, and then a board game at 9pm and I'd hop on during those times to check out the prices.

The past few years we haven't had that, only a 'Black Friday' page that are a mixed up jumble of what's live now, some that are ending within a few minutes, and what's upcoming with absolutely no way of sorting them in time order (other than by price or discount) and I've found I very rarely get the deals I want as I miss so many upcoming deals due to not even knowing about them.

I hope this makes sense! Does anyone know if there is a way to view the lightening deals in time order? Like...whats live now, followed by what's upcoming in time order for the rest of the day? It's so frustrating!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
It is under " today deals".
Infact its been on every single day lol.
Misslovely3 m ago

It is under " today deals". Infact its been on every single day lol.

Thats not it....

They were the full black friday lightning deals all in a sliding box, ordered by time finishing. Amazon hasnt had it now for a few years and was wondering if people had a way of ordering them to at least make it as usueful as it used to be....
Click in menu it’s there lightning and Black Friday lightning has been there for months.
eslick18 m ago

Click in menu it’s there lightning and Black Friday lightning has been t …Click in menu it’s there lightning and Black Friday lightning has been there for months.

I don't think people are reading the full question LOL. I can SEE the Black Friday deals...it has its own page. What you can't do, is order them by TIME ENDING like you used to be able to. They ordered them BY TIME on a slideshow at the top of the screen on regular amazon pages, they have since got rid of this and put them on a Black Friday page (which you all keep pointing me to...and believe me, I can see it lol) but they are all jumbled up by ending/upcoming.

You can click to see JUST what's 'upcoming' but again the times are all still jumbled....
See the attached from 2014, how the times are 'starts at 3.50, starts at 4.40, starts at 4.40 etc...they are by time order and you can click through them all and see what was going up at say 8pm.
You can't do that anymore....all the times are jumbled, and with 74 pages to flick through its frustrating having to sort through it all manually

32445710-YGbyZ.jpg
Fredi - I know exactly what you mean! - the first couple of years the Black Friday page was SO MUCH better laid out - you could see what was coming up, when & what was currently available, and daymn! you had to be quick on the mouse button..... hahahaha

The last couple of years they haven't had that view, and last year I don't think I bought a single item from their Black Friday sale - its so poorly laid out you can't see the deals - the years before I bought loads of stuff!

They seem to have hidden the 'excitement' - they need a view of 'Ending Soonest' or similar - as the closest I can get now is 'Discount - Highest to Lowest' but its still not a patch on what it used to be like.....

Amazon - if you're listening - Get a grip...!
ted.thomas7 m ago

Fredi - I know exactly what you mean! - the first couple of years the …Fredi - I know exactly what you mean! - the first couple of years the Black Friday page was SO MUCH better laid out - you could see what was coming up, when & what was currently available, and daymn! you had to be quick on the mouse button..... hahahahaThe last couple of years they haven't had that view, and last year I don't think I bought a single item from their Black Friday sale - its so poorly laid out you can't see the deals - the years before I bought loads of stuff!They seem to have hidden the 'excitement' - they need a view of 'Ending Soonest' or similar - as the closest I can get now is 'Discount - Highest to Lowest' but its still not a patch on what it used to be like.....Amazon - if you're listening - Get a grip...!

ahhh Im so glad it wasnt just me! I bought far more than I should have when it was the old view as it was the fun and excitement of seeing a deal come live etc. And like you, bought very little the last few years because of the new layout.
I agree, all that needs for it to be fixed is to choose an option of 'ending soonest'!!
If you scroll to the bottom of the Black Friday deals page there is a scroll-able banner that shows all upcoming deals in time relevant order, you can add the ones you are interested in to your watch list, and below that banner a banner with your watched items in will show all your watched items and how long it is until they start.

Not as good as being able to sort all deals in to finishing soonest but still an alternative.

Hope that helps.
The_Moggster23 m ago

If you scroll to the bottom of the Black Friday deals page there is a …If you scroll to the bottom of the Black Friday deals page there is a scroll-able banner that shows all upcoming deals in time relevant order, you can add the ones you are interested in to your watch list, and below that banner a banner with your watched items in will show all your watched items and how long it is until they start. Not as good as being able to sort all deals in to finishing soonest but still an alternative. Hope that helps.

YOU FREAKIN GENIUS!!!! YES!!!
Although like you say it isn't as good as being able to sort the whole grid list view by time, or that they have moved this banner all the way to the bottom instead of on the top of each shopping page this is better than nothing at all!!
THANK-YOU!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants