Amazon black Friday spend £200 on App get £20 promotion

Posted 28th Dec 2019
has anyone received this promotion as I haven't.
it was supposed to be automatically added to the account but iv never seen anything since.
I spend £289 and I'm looking forward to the £20
if I ring they will act like they don't know anything about the promotion!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
jamie1528/12/2019 16:46

That's not true as gift cards are treated as cash on Amazon, only …That's not true as gift cards are treated as cash on Amazon, only promotional credit/discounts are not. Try again and again until you get someone competent.

I rang up and spoke to a lovely lady. She offered me £20 promotion.
24 Comments
I heard this was oy for business accounts or simillar
deals6928/12/2019 16:03

I heard this was oy for business accounts or simillar

It was called spend more and save more. Open to public
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:05

It was called spend more and save more. Open to public

Ahh ok never heard of that change tbh
Yes I got it, came through as a notification. When you do get it just be aware that you need to spend it all at once. I made the mistake of making a purchase of around £12 and the other £8 disappeared. Luckily I got it sorted through customer service though.
Diggsy28/12/2019 16:09

Yes I got it, came through as a notification. When you do get it just be …Yes I got it, came through as a notification. When you do get it just be aware that you need to spend it all at once. I made the mistake of making a purchase of around £12 and the other £8 disappeared. Luckily I got it sorted through customer service though.

Just spoke to a time waster on Amazon chat, discussing slow chat and didn't help me.

I'm scared I'm gonna miss out
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:10

Just spoke to a time waster on Amazon chat, discussing slow chat and …Just spoke to a time waster on Amazon chat, discussing slow chat and didn't help me. I'm scared I'm gonna miss out

If I remember correctly there was also a clickable bar in the app advertising that it was available
I didn't get it, complained and got it manually applied. Use live chat and copy and paste the promotion link so they can see it.
I’ll look through my emails and see if I still have anything
jamie1528/12/2019 16:16

I didn't get it, complained and got it manually applied. Use live chat and …I didn't get it, complained and got it manually applied. Use live chat and copy and paste the promotion link so they can see it.

I am on chat now. 2nd advisor and they are completely being a p take!! Not replying to my main question. Urrr
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:17

I am on chat now. 2nd advisor and they are completely being a p take!! Not …I am on chat now. 2nd advisor and they are completely being a p take!! Not replying to my main question. Urrr

Yeah that's Amazon for you! Try and speak to a manager perhaps. I got mine applied pretty easily as it was just £5 (and most reps can give out £5 easily) but £20 is a lot more
jamie1528/12/2019 16:19

Yeah that's Amazon for you! Try and speak to a manager perhaps. I got mine …Yeah that's Amazon for you! Try and speak to a manager perhaps. I got mine applied pretty easily as it was just £5 (and most reps can give out £5 easily) but £20 is a lot more

Yes mines £20. His finally replying. Phew.
Will add any updates on here
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:22

Yes mines £20. His finally replying. Phew. Will add any updates on here

Fingers crossed! I couldn’t find any emails about it, sorry
Diggsy28/12/2019 16:24

Fingers crossed! I couldn’t find any emails about it, sorry

It was on top page on black Friday if you were eligible which I was. I have a screen shot of the promotion, don't worry.
No one got emails tho
I always do a screenshot of the promo (any amazon promo), then as soon as you email it to them they give you what you're asking for.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 28th Dec 2019
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:28

It was on top page on black Friday if you were eligible which I was. I …It was on top page on black Friday if you were eligible which I was. I have a screen shot of the promotion, don't worry. No one got emails tho

Hmm, no idea why I thought I had an email...clearly imagining things!! No worries, hopefully you get sorted
RiverDragon828/12/2019 16:28

I always do a screenshot of the promo (any amazon promo), then as soon as …I always do a screenshot of the promo (any amazon promo), then as soon as you email it to them they give you what you're asking for.

They said I paid with gift card and I'm not eligible! What a joke as I'm sure it didn't state that.
It stated you cant buy gift cards with the promotion credit tho.
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:34

They said I paid with gift card and I'm not eligible! What a joke as I'm …They said I paid with gift card and I'm not eligible! What a joke as I'm sure it didn't state that. It stated you cant buy gift cards with the promotion credit tho.

That's not true as gift cards are treated as cash on Amazon, only promotional credit/discounts are not. Try again and again until you get someone competent.
Edited by: "jamie15" 28th Dec 2019

That's not true as gift cards are treated as cash on Amazon, only …That's not true as gift cards are treated as cash on Amazon, only promotional credit/discounts are not. Try again and again until you get someone competent.

I'm going to ring when I get home. Hope I'm not late for it now :/
Misslovely28/12/2019 16:34

They said I paid with gift card and I'm not eligible! What a joke as I'm …They said I paid with gift card and I'm not eligible! What a joke as I'm sure it didn't state that. It stated you cant buy gift cards with the promotion credit tho.

I have seen that T&C appearing more and more recently (although obviously not seen this specific one). I always assumed it was due to the fact they need/want additional cash in the bank (heading towards year end....?) and gift vouchers simply dont do that - as they already have the cash for them.
The promotion did not allow the purchase of gift cards, but there was no mention of using one for payment. I can’t find the UK terms, but here’s the US one...
Edited by: "Diggsy" 28th Dec 2019

I rang up and spoke to a lovely lady. She offered me £20 promotion.
Misslovely28/12/2019 19:45

I rang up and spoke to a lovely lady. She offered me £20 promotion. I rang up and spoke to a lovely lady. She offered me £20 promotion.

Excellent!!
Misslovely28/12/2019 19:45

I rang up and spoke to a lovely lady. She offered me £20 promotion. I rang up and spoke to a lovely lady. She offered me £20 promotion.

Great Amazon's inconsistency can be frustrating or rewarding!
Thank you for posting this, I had forgotten about it and had not received my code either. Spoke with someone on chat and they sorted it out for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions