Amazon choked with Nintendo Switch scams

Found 31st Mar 2017
SCAM ALERT!
If it seems too good to be true ...

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH ALL OF AMAZON
It seems as if Amazon is being gripped by sellers who sign up with fresh accounts, list popular items below market price with a longer than usual shipping range and then mark the item as shipped once they receive your money. By the time the shipping date has passed and you file for a return, the seller is long gone.

Rest of Article...
Community Updates
14 Comments
Thought so from seeing LoZ amiibo at lower than the current hiked prices from brand new seller. Also saw on Amazon.com supposed Nintendo Switch consoles at rediculous low prices
Pretty much common sense needs to be applied here if its too good to be true..... do amazon have buyer protection on its marketplace?
amazon are largely to blame here, have emailed a number of times with obviously fake sellers and had no reply and no action for days if at all
Surely its amazon thats going to loose out not the customers though?
thesinstar

Surely its amazon thats going to loose out not the customers though?

Yes I think so, the customer will also be left without the money, or a console for ages until there refund is sorted. Which sucks.

People need to look out for themselves here, be skeptical of any just-opened seller account. And
make sure the seller has feedback and that it, is positive.
Amazon need to sort this.
I have Amazon Prime but for items from others sellers, I prefer Ebay. Amazon is no longer
the safe option.
I have an Amazon seller account and as long as you buy from someone with good feedback you should be OK. also if anything does go wrong the buyer is protected by the a to z money back guarantee. the buyer always has more protection than the seller (who gets nothing when scammed)s To be honest no where is totally safe. You need to use a bit of common sense when buying
Edited by: "idr2711" 31st Mar 2017
shabbird

I have Amazon Prime but for items from others sellers, I prefer Ebay. … I have Amazon Prime but for items from others sellers, I prefer Ebay. Amazon is no longer the safe option.

To be honest it's been poor for years. Ironically it's rubbish as a seller too I sold some stuff on there and got scammed and amazon just took money back when buyer said they hadn't received and then emailed me after they were issued refund to say they had!!! Amazon would do nothing.
shabbird

I have Amazon Prime but for items from others sellers, I prefer Ebay. … I have Amazon Prime but for items from others sellers, I prefer Ebay. Amazon is no longer the safe option.

eBay and paypal are amazing for the buyer, not so much for genuine sellers with dodgy customers, sadly

Unless they get hold of a genuine sellers account of course. Common sense still applies even if they have amazing feedback

idr2711

I have an Amazon seller account and as long as you buy from someone with … I have an Amazon seller account and as long as you buy from someone with good feedback you should be OK. also if anything does go wrong the buyer is protected by the a to z money back guarantee. the buyer always has more protection than the seller (who gets nothing when scammed)s To be honest no where is totally safe. You need to use a bit of common sense when buying

brilly

amazon are largely to blame here, have emailed a number of times with … amazon are largely to blame here, have emailed a number of times with obviously fake sellers and had no reply and no action for days if at all

Yep, tried the same with a blatant scam seller and they sent some odd e-mail back about not being able to find my seller account. They could easily spot these hijacked or scam sellers given they normally list a huge amount of items including highly desirable ones at prices that are too low, they could simply add a manual approval. Or at the very least add a report seller button as it's in Amazon's interest to stop these sellers as well.

John
Cyber criminals have launched a fake Nintendo Switch scam dailym.ai/2oj…9rU
How is this news? The Amazon marketplace is full of fake listings for desirable products.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants