Amazon closed account

Posted 13th Aug
Okay so before I am attacked by trolls, no, i barely have returned much on amazon.
I've noticed a few older posts in regards to accounts being closed.
Tbh I dont care i cant shop on amazon now, i care about the fact I'm around £60 out of pocket.

My addiction to ordering all the mispriced items from hukd..and my own findings has closed off my account, gutted I am out of pocket.

Totally understand if I was messing around with their returns policy, but I wasnt, I simply ordered things that were being sold as multi packs but instead never received which then resulted in them automatically refunding me when I'd rather have just been sent out what was described! Not only that, delivery is always a hit or miss too.

So I'm curious as to whether anyone else on hukd has experienced this? They're refusing to open my account, just received an order today with half of what I had ordered.

I'm going through my bank to hopefully get my money back for the missing items. But gift cards I'm losing out on probably?

Hukd has caused me more hassle than save money sometimes lol. But guess we are addicted..well..some of us lol.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
@R1992

I might be going against the grain here but I can totally see where Amazon are coming from on this occasion.

No you haven’t returned anything but you have clearly taken advantage and they want it to stop.

I might be totally wrong here but I’m guessing you have placed many orders knowing full well the item is mispriced, time and time they refund you and you keep the item for free, you have an item and your money back.

This has now clearly flagged out as you have got refund after refund.

Why would you expect a company to tolerate been out of pocket time and time again.

Yes they can chose who who they do business with

Yes other people on here order mispriced items too but perhaps place enough over orders in between to get away with it.
94 Comments
RiverDragon814/08/2019 16:20

Those DVD's weren't faulty, it's your DVD player. I used to lend DVD's to …Those DVD's weren't faulty, it's your DVD player. I used to lend DVD's to a work mate, and he said he can't play them. He said the film would stop and start and become pixelated. I lent the same DVD's to someone else and he said they played no problem.

Yes they were faulty. I tried them on about 6 different DVD players, and 2 laptops. They didn't work on any. Other DVDs I already had worked fine on the same DVD players / laptops.
andrewworrall114/08/2019 16:34

Yes they were faulty. I tried them on about 6 different DVD players, and 2 …Yes they were faulty. I tried them on about 6 different DVD players, and 2 laptops. They didn't work on any...

Between friends and family I'd probably struggle to find 6 DVD players. Just sayin.
Obvsly I need more friends, or reaquaint with older friends.
AndyRoyd14/08/2019 16:46

Between friends and family I'd probably struggle to find 6 DVD players. …Between friends and family I'd probably struggle to find 6 DVD players. Just sayin.Obvsly I need more friends, or reaquaint with older friends.

Well..think about it, in a house on average 2/3 TVs maybe each one has a DVD player. Then a couple of laptops per household...prob only need 2-3 friends or family members :P
andrewworrall114/08/2019 16:34

Yes they were faulty. I tried them on about 6 different DVD players, and 2 …Yes they were faulty. I tried them on about 6 different DVD players, and 2 laptops. They didn't work on any. Other DVDs I already had worked fine on the same DVD players / laptops.

I got a £400 DVD player that i bought around 2000? (maybe, I can't remember exactly). I had to retire it because it won't play certain films. From my experience with my work mate I bought a new DVD player... plays all films just fine.
R199214/08/2019 16:54

Well..think about it, in a house on average 2/3 TVs maybe each one has a …Well..think about it, in a house on average 2/3 TVs maybe each one has a DVD player. Then a couple of laptops per household...prob only need 2-3 friends or family members :P

Exactly
R199214/08/2019 16:54

Well..think about it, in a house on average 2/3 TVs maybe each one has a …Well..think about it, in a house on average 2/3 TVs maybe each one has a DVD player. Then a couple of laptops per household...prob only need 2-3 friends or family members :P

Not forgetting PS4s etc.
Okay so quick update: amazon are refusing to do anything at all.
Have spoken to bank, they're gonna refund the money they've taken for orders that havent arrived.
Will wait and see what happens.

But now I have just been charged for audible like wtf!
I didnt even know I was signed up to that cr*p?
So they have stolen £7.99 more from me which i am now gonna have to chase up with the bank and prevent any more money being stolen by the planks.

Just for people on hotukdeals to be aware of: I did nothing dodgy except take advantage of the crazy bargains on this website. Each time the refunded me when i wasnt sent the listed items. Take note- i never asked for these refunds, do not let them refund you countless times or your account will be blocked and you'll be made to feel like a criminal.

Just a heads up
R199217/08/2019 02:39

Okay so quick update: amazon are refusing to do anything at all.Have …Okay so quick update: amazon are refusing to do anything at all.Have spoken to bank, they're gonna refund the money they've taken for orders that havent arrived.Will wait and see what happens.But now I have just been charged for audible like wtf!I didnt even know I was signed up to that cr*p?So they have stolen £7.99 more from me which i am now gonna have to chase up with the bank and prevent any more money being stolen by the planks.Just for people on hotukdeals to be aware of: I did nothing dodgy except take advantage of the crazy bargains on this website. Each time the refunded me when i wasnt sent the listed items. Take note- i never asked for these refunds, do not let them refund you countless times or your account will be blocked and you'll be made to feel like a criminal.Just a heads up

Sorry to hear that, it's such an awful (what I don't even like to call...) company!
R199217/08/2019 02:39

Okay so quick update: amazon are refusing to do anything at all.Have …Okay so quick update: amazon are refusing to do anything at all.Have spoken to bank, they're gonna refund the money they've taken for orders that havent arrived.Will wait and see what happens.But now I have just been charged for audible like wtf!I didnt even know I was signed up to that cr*p?So they have stolen £7.99 more from me which i am now gonna have to chase up with the bank and prevent any more money being stolen by the planks.Just for people on hotukdeals to be aware of: I did nothing dodgy except take advantage of the crazy bargains on this website. Each time the refunded me when i wasnt sent the listed items. Take note- i never asked for these refunds, do not let them refund you countless times or your account will be blocked and you'll be made to feel like a criminal.Just a heads up

You will have signed up to audible somewhere, did you get a £10 amazon voucher recently by any chance?
andrewworrall117/08/2019 08:28

Sorry to hear that, it's such an awful (what I don't even like to call...) …Sorry to hear that, it's such an awful (what I don't even like to call...) company!

You're telling me. I actually hate amazon now lol.
But on an extremely positive note..anything I used to order from amazon, I've gotten a lot cheaper by using other online retailers, cant believe I didnt do so before. Have to say, Amazon definitely are not the cheapest as you mentioned too. For some small bargains yes but after having a search online, cant justify using amazon even if they ever did reopen the account!
Honestly I cant remember...but surely this is illegal for them to close my account, not allow me any access and yet still rob me of more money? Especially seeing as its days after they've closed the account...like getting kicked out a shop and then them coming back up behind you and taking money from your pocket
Sc4mp017/08/2019 09:04

You will have signed up to audible somewhere, did you get a £10 amazon …You will have signed up to audible somewhere, did you get a £10 amazon voucher recently by any chance?

R199217/08/2019 09:18

You're telling me. I actually hate amazon now lol.But on an extremely …You're telling me. I actually hate amazon now lol.But on an extremely positive note..anything I used to order from amazon, I've gotten a lot cheaper by using other online retailers, cant believe I didnt do so before. Have to say, Amazon definitely are not the cheapest as you mentioned too. For some small bargains yes but after having a search online, cant justify using amazon even if they ever did reopen the account!

Same here. I've saved loads using other websites and shops. In fact, sometimes I feel like amazon did me a favour in a way, stopping me from using their service has saved me a lot of money I still hate them, though
R199217/08/2019 09:21

Honestly I cant remember...but surely this is illegal for them to close my …Honestly I cant remember...but surely this is illegal for them to close my account, not allow me any access and yet still rob me of more money? Especially seeing as its days after they've closed the account...like getting kicked out a shop and then them coming back up behind you and taking money from your pocket

This happened to me to when they closed one of my accounts and tried to force me to provide bank statement for a prepaid card Took me ages to get them to unblock the account, in the meanwhile the Prime trial had finished and they were charging me £7.99! I don't understand why Amazon lets subscriptions recur on suspended accounts, it's ridiculous!
A while back Amazon stated they had handed the parcel to me for a parcel I never received and queried it on Amazon and they said it had in fact been handed to a neighbour but no card was left and they couldn't tell me which one and I didn't fancy wandering the streets trying to find where it was so they refunded me. No neighbour ever came forward to state they had it. Just a few days ago the door was knocked and I went out only to find Amazon putting my parcel in my bin. I would never normally look there for a parcel, stupidly I didn't say anything I was taken back by it being put it there. He quickly took it out and handed it to me. It's quite possible I've lost a previous parcel to being put in my bin and never told about. I think people need to realise how awful Amazon can be.

I buy a lot of Amazon warehouse stuff and it can be quite random what you receive and their descriptions often don't match what you get. Sometimes it can actually be much better but mostly worse. I must have had half a dozen items now that were completely wrong and nothing like the item I ordered. I had small photo printer instead of a bicycle component and bicycle lights instead of a set of allen keys. They can get quite random at times.

I've returned a few items maybe 3-5% of what I've ordered and all Amazon warehouse items I think.

Currently got an action camera to return as it is missing its battery. Amazon returns take an extremely long time to process I find. I must admit I would never pay full price for anything at Amazon. I'd always look to buy from someone else if they can't beat the price elsewhere. Often other online sites have cashback and use better couriers. If you don't have Prime Amazon deliveries can be incredibly slow. I ordered a couple of bottom brackets and wheel hubs from Chain Reaction late Thursday and they have arrived this morning if I'd ordered from Amazon without Prime I probably would have got them late next week. Sometimes it's like 5 days before they even despatch them even if in stock. They really punish non-prime members.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants