amazon closed my account and resused refund

Posted 9th Mar
so i have a amazon prime account

i bought a asus laptop from amazon for £249 they send it me but it was damaged so i returned the item
i loged on to my amazon account today and it says my account has been closed
i call amazon and they say i have returned to much i have amazon 4 years and only every returned a 3 items

amazon call centre said there nothing they can do and they will not be refundinf me for the laptop or my prime fee even thougn i alredy returned the laptop
i also had £20 gift card on my accocunt

has anyone else had any problems with amazon and any advice on what i coul;d do

i mean i always thought of amazon to be good i have a echo dot fire sticka nd fire tablet
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Any business is entitled to refuse to sell you stuff, the account closure isn't a problem.

The issue here is that Amazon have his laptop and are neither returning it nor refunding him. Even if they wish to do no future business, they still have to honour their legal obligations for after sales service. And they can't just keep his property, that'd be theft.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 9th Mar
chocci09/03/2020 21:48

I wouldn't say 3 returns in 4 years is excessive

But what if they’ve only purchased 3 items in those 4 years?
28 Comments
"Have" a Prime account? I think "had" a Prime account.
Request a copy of the laptop invoice (legal obligation to supply). If the supplier is stated as Amazon UK branch, consider sending LBA to the stated registered address.
Suppose it maybe depends on how much you purchase vs how much you return. That would be my guess anyway.

For your info, I’ve returned probably 10 items in the last few months. However in that same period I’ve probably purchased 100-150 items.
Edited by: "Diggsy" 9th Mar
Rune_2H09/03/2020 21:40

Comment deleted

chocci09/03/2020 21:48

But what if they’ve only purchased 3 items in those 4 years?
Currently have similar issue. Purchased an Xbox off here the other day. Amazon Germany. Took the £113. Closed my account said suspected fraud. Asked for bank statements. Went bank verified everything possible. Been waiting a week now no refund and account on hold. Spoke to amazon Germany they said I owe them money from a previous account and my order cancelled and refund has been issued. Week in no refund as yet. I have never ever ordered from amazon Germany yet both they’ve closed that account and the uk account. Yet my funds are still pending ?
Edited by: "parisp" 9th Mar
Any business is entitled to refuse to sell you stuff, the account closure isn't a problem.

The issue here is that Amazon have his laptop and are neither returning it nor refunding him. Even if they wish to do no future business, they still have to honour their legal obligations for after sales service. And they can't just keep his property, that'd be theft.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 9th Mar
parisp09/03/2020 22:11

Currently have similar issue. Purchased an Xbox off here the other day. …Currently have similar issue. Purchased an Xbox off here the other day. Amazon Germany. Took the £113. Closed my account said suspected fraud. Asked for bank statements. Went bank verified everything possible. Been waiting a week now no refund and account on hold. Spoke to amazon Germany they said I owe them money from a previous account and my order cancelled and refund has been issued. Week in no refund as yet. I have never ever ordered from amazon Germany yet both they’ve closed that account and the uk account. Yet my funds are still pending ?

Has someone stolen your identity?
Take them to small claims court
Surprised I haven’t been banned yet. I’ve brought lots of stuff but sent back quite a few things amazon have been dreadful lately sending brand new items with the seals all broken I always send them back as I don’t like spending lots of £ to have the item look like it’s been opened perviously even if they don’t look used. think the only reason I haven’t been banned is i order frequently I’ve already had the email about high returns so I’ve calmed down a bit but I have still sent things back since.. if amazon close the account will shop elsewhere simple.
If you paid by debit or credit card, see if you card provider will perform a chargeback:- which.co.uk/con…ack
Edited by: "melted" 10th Mar
I'd refuse to deal with him too.
Just my gut-feeling.
Use the CEO email to get the best customer service available, I think it's jeff@amazon.com but double check first
I think Amazon are more likely to ban you if you return high value items.

I only return as a last resort now. Recently ordered a Sugar canister but they sent a Tea canister. Decided to keep it because I can use it and I want to keep returns to an absolute minimum. Also, another option is maybe ask for a partial refund if you can live with the damage instead of returning or a promo credit.

Too many good deals on Amazon so I don't want to risk a lifetime ban.
Edited by: "Speculator" 10th Mar
Have you ever took part in the deals posted on here where you are supposed to get, say, 24 tins of cat food but only receive one? Then when you go on live chat, they refund it? If so, that’s a return according to their systems. If you receive something that is a bit damaged, but take a partial refund to keep the item, it’s the same too.

Either way, email dgurr@amazon.comceoemail.com/s.p…590 It’s the Amazon UK Chief Executive. Should hopefully get dealt with quickly then. They’re not allowed to refuse to refund you so don’t let them say otherwise.
Biddy210/03/2020 15:13

Have you ever took part in the deals posted on here where you are supposed …Have you ever took part in the deals posted on here where you are supposed to get, say, 24 tins of cat food but only receive one? Then when you go on live chat, they refund it? If so, that’s a return according to their systems. If you receive something that is a bit damaged, but take a partial refund to keep the item, it’s the same too. Either way, email dgurr@amazon.com https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9590 It’s the Amazon UK Chief Executive. Should hopefully get dealt with quickly then. They’re not allowed to refuse to refund you so don’t let them say otherwise.

How about a £5 or £10 goodwill discount for next order instead of a partial refund? I ask for that recently because the description was wrong on an item, (plastic and not leather)
Speculator10/03/2020 15:17

How about a promo £5 or £10 credit instead of a partial refund? I ask for t …How about a promo £5 or £10 credit instead of a partial refund? I ask for that recently because the description was wrong on an item, (plastic and not leather)

Yep. It all counts.

I’ve done it numerous times over the last few years to be honest. Never had the warning email. I think if you get that, then you know you should calm down on returns.
Biddy210/03/2020 15:20

Yep. It all counts. I’ve done it numerous times over the last few years to …Yep. It all counts. I’ve done it numerous times over the last few years to be honest. Never had the warning email. I think if you get that, then you know you should calm down on returns.

Yeah, keeping my returns to the minimum. Only time I return is if they send me a completely different item that I can't use.

Recently ordered a Samsung LED flip case for my S10e. They sent me a gel back cover for a S10 plus.

Thought about selling it on ebay but returned it in the end.

...They’re not allowed to refuse to refund you so don’t let them say oth …...They’re not allowed to refuse to refund you so don’t let them say otherwise.

If the payment processor states fraudulent / unauthorised transaction then temporary refund delay possibly leading to non-refund may be plausible.
I've just looked, I've ordered 51 items since September and returned 5 including an item of high value and haven't had any issues so im guessing around 10% returns is ok, ill try stick to that and hope for the best.
What is your percentage ?
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 10th Mar
i have called amazon was on the phone for one hour what they said relly confused me
they said
its becouse some one else in my aprment bulding had been banded from amazon and the styem flagged up that the adress wich was the same
they refunded me in full for the laptop wich was good

but they said they canty reopen my account and cant do anythingt about the 54 months of prime i still have left
so i relly dont know what to think i mean i happy that i got a refund for the laptop but then to say amazon are in the wong but still not gooing to reopen mt account
Speculator10/03/2020 15:31

Yeah, keeping my returns to the minimum. Only time I return is if they …Yeah, keeping my returns to the minimum. Only time I return is if they send me a completely different item that I can't use.Recently ordered a Samsung LED flip case for my S10e. They sent me a gel back cover for a S10 plus.Thought about selling it on ebay but returned it in the end.

I return a fair amount of stuff. Got to say this is a crazy situation where people think about keeping stuff even when the wrong order has been sent out. When people are so scared of losing 'customer' status with amazon (and not the reverse as with most retailers), something is seriously wrong imo...

Don't get me wrong, I get it, I just think it's f***** up! No way I wouldn't return if I needed to.

OP - they can't just keep your laptop. Feel free to post anon livechat logs Etc. so people can advise. It's hard to know the full story from a single post.
Edited by: "HottyHotty" 10th Mar
luke_griffithsxa910/03/2020 18:22

i have called amazon was on the phone for one hour what they said relly …i have called amazon was on the phone for one hour what they said relly confused me they said its becouse some one else in my aprment bulding had been banded from amazon and the styem flagged up that the adress wich was the samethey refunded me in full for the laptop wich was goodbut they said they canty reopen my account and cant do anythingt about the 54 months of prime i still have leftso i relly dont know what to think i mean i happy that i got a refund for the laptop but then to say amazon are in the wong but still not gooing to reopen mt account

Yeah, the lifetime ban is for the address.

For example, if you move into a new property and if the previous occupants were banned, you and anyone else at that address will be banned also.
Biddy210/03/2020 15:20

Yep. It all counts. I’ve done it numerous times over the last few years to …Yep. It all counts. I’ve done it numerous times over the last few years to be honest. Never had the warning email. I think if you get that, then you know you should calm down on returns.

i never got any emails just tryed to log in said my account had been closed and i called them they gave me this reson i mean i used argos ebay and music magpie most of the time
Contact Amazon CEO Email If Possible. Support Is A Waste Of Time, India call centre, they only understand how to resolve common problems like refunds, order late etc. Anything else you can't get a word in.

luke_griffithsxa910/03/2020 21:45

i never got any emails just tryed to log in said my account had been …i never got any emails just tryed to log in said my account had been closed and i called them they gave me this reson i mean i used argos ebay and music magpie most of the time

I’d say there is a chance the customer services have told you wrongly then. Send an email to the email address I posted above and they should hopefully sort it out for you.

Frontline customer service at Amazon are just script monkeys. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have told you the wrong information.

Have you ever took part in the deals posted on here where you are supposed …Have you ever took part in the deals posted on here where you are supposed to get, say, 24 tins of cat food but only receive one? Then when you go on live chat, they refund it? If so, that’s a return according to their systems. If you receive something that is a bit damaged, but take a partial refund to keep the item, it’s the same too. Either way, email dgurr@amazon.com https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9590 It’s the Amazon UK Chief Executive. Should hopefully get dealt with quickly then. They’re not allowed to refuse to refund you so don’t let them say otherwise.

I have never known of a call centre having the power to do such a thing. You should ask to speak to the head of there complaints department and ask to have your issue escalated. Failing that I agree with the comments above and email there UK Chief directly. What they are doing is a breach of your consumer rights.
garfers100010/03/2020 22:16

I have never known of a call centre having the power to do such a … I have never known of a call centre having the power to do such a thing. You should ask to speak to the head of there complaints department and ask to have your issue escalated. Failing that I agree with the comments above and email there UK Chief directly. What they are doing is a breach of your consumer rights.

I learned from experience with Amazon CS to give the call centre staff 2 chances to rectify an issue. After that, I send an email to the address I posted above and Executive Customer Relations sort it properly.

Having said that, if you hit the time right in the evening, you can end up dealing with the US customer service agents who are great. I once happened to catch a lady who was about to sign off before being connected to me and she wanted to chat for a bit about anything and everything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants