Amazon clothing stange pricing, exchanges

Found 11th Apr
Im a member iof amazon prime and alot ome of Amazons 'pricing' on clothing is very strange. (amazon directly - not marketplace)

i.e On same listing the same pair of jeans can be
£10 in a 30"
£40 in 32"
£32 for £34"

These prices also can and do usually fluctuate daily.

So If I purchased a 30" and needed to exchange for bigger, would I be charged the difference? as when i send back the 32" that day the price might be £20 then change to or £25 etc... Its constantly changing

or would they just send me bigger size without a charge, if i return with exchange form?

Again this is from Amazon directly, not the marketplace sellers.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
You do know a size 30" waist can be changed to a 32" with a needle and thread in 5 minutes.
If they did that, there would be no point in them charging different prices. Supply and demand i guess
I think you already knew the answer to this question. You will be refunded for the 30” and charged for the 32” at its current price
Original Poster
pinkleponkle37 m ago

I think you already knew the answer to this question. You will be …I think you already knew the answer to this question. You will be refunded for the 30” and charged for the 32” at its current price

Iv done many returns on amazon, but never exchanged sizes on something that fluctuate so frequently.
The 'current price' is from the day I start the return & 3/4 days later when its actually recevied back to amazon - the price can be very different. i.e It could be £40 when i agree to exchange and then jump to £60 after i send it
You will be charged the price that the size you want /need is.
I was looking at some Timberland chukkas the other day on there. Size 9.5 was £49 and size 10(what I wanted) £120. Asked on their chat why such a difference as you don't get that elsewhere and was told it was part of their pricing t&c's etc. I ordered the 9.5 to see if they would fit but have had to return as a tiny bit too small, but was given the option to exchange for size 10 and pay the difference.
No thanks
It is a weird pricing system with amazon, you would think all sizes would be the same price but they are all over the shop.

The other day I bought a jacket for £29.99 when all the other sizes were over £100. I just put items in my basket and monitor prices until they hit the sweet spot. A bit like playing stocks and shares
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions