Expired

Amazon complaints department. Does it exist?

Found 17th Feb 2014
Does anybody have a contact address/email/'phone number to contact somebody at Amazon who will deal with a complaint?
Customer service, though extremely polite (Far East ones anyway) is a script reading waste of time and effort.

3 Comments

I would think the best option would be via emailing via the website. Does the location of the customer service change depending on what time you call at perhaps?

Original Poster

Grantos1

I would think the best option would be via emailing via the website. Does … I would think the best option would be via emailing via the website. Does the location of the customer service change depending on what time you call at perhaps?

Not sure about time/location. I've spoken to two Irish sounding people - random times. Their Far East colleagues put them to shame. I sent an email to an address I was given by a Customer Services rep, but I'm still waiting for a response. (customer-attachment-requests@amazon.co.uk)
Ironically, my problems are Amazon's problems. They're costing me time and inconvenience, but they're costing Amazon money.
If I get nothing back from my initial email, I'll try the website email, but I suspect it only handles minor issues and responds to script.

Original Poster

Ok. Solved. I was given a bum steer - possibly language, though one of the people who gave me the (mis)information sounded Irish. Interestingly, I can't find any reference to this route on the Amazon help pages.
You don't send a normal email to customer-attachment-requests@amazon.co.uk You send an attachment with details of your complaint. Leave email content empty apart from title. I used order number.
I had a call back in less than 3 hours. It needed a couple of days and a couple of calls from Amazon to sort out (worst mess they had ever seen) but resolved to my complete satisfaction by an absolute gem of an Amazon rep.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants