Amazon - Condition: Used - Acceptable

Posted 5th Nov
I've ordered something from Amazon which is described as Condition: Used - Acceptable.
Has anyone else bought something like that from them and if so how used did it look please?
Community Updates

Groups

17 Comments
Worth a risk imo. Just return it if not up to scratch. Bought a Sony tv from them and it apparently had cracks yet when it came it was brand new with only the box being damaged. Could go either way tbh
Can be a bit of a lottery. They do provide a bit more of a description these days, but sometimes the item's condition doesn't match. I've had acceptable items that were pristine, and like new that looked like they'd been plucked out of a bin. Luckily, returns/exchanges are usually straightforward enough.
If it's an Amazon Warehouse item it may be in surprisingly good condition and show minimal signs of use/wear. If it's from a marketplace seller "used acceptable" could be a colourful description of "near-trashed but mostly complete/functional/tolerable".
Amazon warehouse items, officially, only come with a 30 day warranty - even if something is in 'like-new' condition. This goes for expensive items too. So be wary when purchasing.
Pretty risk free really if you don't like it just send it back.
jambone05/11/2019 14:27

Amazon warehouse items, officially, only come with a 30 day warranty - …Amazon warehouse items, officially, only come with a 30 day warranty - even if something is in 'like-new' condition. This goes for expensive items too. So be wary when purchasing.

30 days is the standard return period for ANY Amazon products, after that you have to contact customer service. Warehouse products are covered for a year just like new goods.
I bought a megaphone and that came cracked and apparently had already been returned from EU customer as box had address on, recently ordered a4 box if paper and only box was really damaged but paper 100% good
Amazon Warehouse is really hit and miss.

I ordered 2 RGB strips from Amazon Warehouse both used like new and both arrived missing the power supply which was the most expensive part of the kit. As I ordered the second set after being refunded for the first one Amazon let me keep the second one and gave me a full refund which I used to purchase the missing part. Saved me £10 but was a hassle returning the one I did.

On the other hand ordered a used good graphics card and it was brand new never removed from it's packaging which was slightly dented.
Misslovely05/11/2019 14:39

I bought a megaphone and that came cracked and apparently had already been …I bought a megaphone and that came cracked and apparently had already been returned from EU customer as box had address on, recently ordered a4 box if paper and only box was really damaged but paper 100% good

Can you imagine if the paper had been used
As others have said it’s a complete lottery, it may as well say - condition: used - surprise (Item may be in perfect condition, but also may be ruined)
JohnnyRoller05/11/2019 15:13

As others have said it’s a complete lottery, it may as well say - c …As others have said it’s a complete lottery, it may as well say - condition: used - surprise (Item may be in perfect condition, but also may be ruined)

It's a double lottery as OP has not confirmed if the specific item purchased was Amazon-fulfilled (Warehouse) or marketplace.
AndyRoyd05/11/2019 15:33

It's a double lottery as OP has not confirmed if the specific item …It's a double lottery as OP has not confirmed if the specific item purchased was Amazon-fulfilled (Warehouse) or marketplace.

Amazon-fulfilled (Warehouse)
Azwipe05/11/2019 14:38

30 days is the standard return period for ANY Amazon products, after that …30 days is the standard return period for ANY Amazon products, after that you have to contact customer service. Warehouse products are covered for a year just like new goods.

Amazon do say 30 day return window however, if something faulty I believe they legally have a responsibility to fix/replace/refund. Under law I believe that applies to new items. Can you point me the the direction that it also applies to used products? Amazons own website seems to say warehouse items have no recourse after 30 days, potentially not even with the manufacturer.
Edited by: "jambone" 5th Nov
Warehouse can be a goldmine it’s just down to luck, most things I’ve bought from it are excellent but if it’s not so good then very easy to return
emodan05/11/2019 15:05

Amazon Warehouse is really hit and miss.

Exactly this. I've had like new item look like it's been through a war zone and missing parts whereas very good came sealed, looked brand new, all part still wrap in new conditionand couldn't find any reason why it was described as used.
Almost anything I got from warehouse has been new apart from Damaged box
Azwipe05/11/2019 14:38

...Warehouse products are covered for a year just like new goods.

... any new goods have 6months mandatory cover not 12, but your point is taken. Amazon respects the 6months obligation as per Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants