Amazon cracked down on endless Free Prime Trials?

Found 13th Apr
Seems if I use my address and card they tell me I'm no longer eligible for the Prime trial offer

Think my years of ****-taking are at an end!
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments
Have you emailed Amazon Support to complain?
Original Poster
cis_groupie3 m ago

Have you emailed Amazon Support to complain?

Muhahahaa
Something was going on last month. I usually use the same gmail and just put a full stop in a different place each time. But last month I wasn't getting any emails through. They still delivered the items though
And don't forget the obligatory £5 account credit every time you have to call them.
deeky1 h, 43 m ago

And don't forget the obligatory £5 account credit every time you have to …And don't forget the obligatory £5 account credit every time you have to call them.

Is this every time u call I've had to call them a number of times this week
Darzen1 h, 53 m ago

Something was going on last month. I usually use the same gmail and just …Something was going on last month. I usually use the same gmail and just put a full stop in a different place each time. But last month I wasn't getting any emails through. They still delivered the items though

What's the fullstop trick? I've heard people mention it before
INDUSTRYHATER38 m ago

What's the fullstop trick? I've heard people mention it before

You can add or remove full stops to your gmail address to trick websites into treating them as a unique address and they'll still be routed to your gmail account. eg if your gmail address was joe.bloggs@gmail.com joebloggs@gmail.com and j.o.e....bloggs@gmail.com would all work.

You can also add a '+' sign followed by any valid characters between your address and the '@' sign eg joebloggs+whateveryoulike@gmail.com will still go to joe.bloggs@gmail.com Some website react badly to '+' signs in their forms though, I once had an issue where one site wouldn't allow me to log in anymore because when they redesigned their site it disallowed emails with a '+' in. Couldn't even opt out of their spam!
Edited by: "melted" 13th Apr
Probably to do with Twitch and all the loot/skin packs shenanigans.
Original Poster
Just noticed now a 99p for a week of Prime popping up on the account. Haven't seen that before!
melted52 m ago

You can add or remove full stops to your gmail address to trick websites …You can add or remove full stops to your gmail address to trick websites into treating them as a unique address and they'll still be routed to your gmail account. eg if your gmail address was joe.bloggs@gmail.com joebloggs@gmail.com and j.o.e....bloggs@gmail.com would all work.You can also add a '+' sign followed by any valid characters between your address and the '@' sign eg joebloggs+whateveryoulike@gmail.com will still go to joe.bloggs@gmail.com Some website react badly to '+' signs in their forms though, I once had an issue where one site wouldn't allow me to log in anymore because when they redesigned their site it disallowed emails with a '+' in. Couldn't even opt out of their spam!

Super, thanks for the reply
Queenbee9902 h, 23 m ago

Is this every time u call I've had to call them a number of times this week

I was being sarcastic, sorry. A lot of people seem to think that, with Amazon, every time an order is cancelled or their delivery is 5 minutes late, that it entitles them to compensation.
amazon isn't stupid..
FranzFerdinandI2 h, 10 m ago

amazon isn't stupid..

Opinions vary.....

their systems have been flawed for years...

but your right... they dodge paying the tax they legally owe.... morally corrupt but not that stupid to pay tax
joanddan713 m ago

Opinions vary.....their systems have been flawed for years...but your …Opinions vary.....their systems have been flawed for years...but your right... they dodge paying the tax they legally owe.... morally corrupt but not that stupid to pay tax

No, you're right. They aren't stupid. But our government is for allowing them to do it.
deeky7 h, 18 m ago

And don't forget the obligatory £5 account credit every time you have to …And don't forget the obligatory £5 account credit every time you have to call them.

£5.00! You're doing it all wrong mate
OllieSt5 m ago

You got lucky it all depends who you get on the other end of the phone. Don't get me wrong, I do complain if I feel I've got rubbish treatment, and if they offer me anything I never refuse, it's just the sense of entitlement some people seem to have with Amazon every time it isn't 100%
deeky10 m ago

You got lucky it all depends who you get on the other end of the …You got lucky it all depends who you get on the other end of the phone. Don't get me wrong, I do complain if I feel I've got rubbish treatment, and if they offer me anything I never refuse, it's just the sense of entitlement some people seem to have with Amazon every time it isn't 100%

Yeah there's definitely no guarantee. I've never been offered an extra month of Prime. I think they still offer a pretty good service but I do have an issue with their tax situation. As you say it's our government that allow this and Amazon just take what's on the table.
OllieSt1 h, 57 m ago

That's amazing! I got £15 refund on my card once but £28 is amazing. Most Amazon staff give out £5 maximum but supervisors sometimes can give more if you push them (and if the issue that happens is really bad).
jamie0152 h, 18 m ago

That's amazing! I got £15 refund on my card once but £28 is amazing. Most A …That's amazing! I got £15 refund on my card once but £28 is amazing. Most Amazon staff give out £5 maximum but supervisors sometimes can give more if you push them (and if the issue that happens is really bad).

I have ordered 2 pairs of New Balance shoes once and none of them fit me. By the time they got delivered (I only paid £26 for each pair) they gone up to £70. The amazon exchange system is stupid because you have to pay the price difference despite the item not fitting you properly. So I contacted them and got a refund for both pairs (£52) and the difference to be able to buy another pair for a higher price £70-£26. So ended up with £44 profit and decided not to buy the shoes as I didn't really need them in the first place They credited it to the card I paid with as well. I think amazon reps have actually loads of control over your account and it feels like their actions are never monitored. Also bought some perfume in the past but it arrived unsealed, so I suspected it being fake. They said keep the item and gave me £20 back. Amazon customer service is the best to be fair.
Edited by: "iEimis" 14th Apr
iEimis30 m ago

I have ordered 2 pairs of New Balance shoes once and none of them fit me. …I have ordered 2 pairs of New Balance shoes once and none of them fit me. By the time they got delivered (I only paid £26 for each pair) they gone up to £70. The amazon exchange system is stupid because you have to pay the price difference despite the item not fitting you properly. So I contacted them and got a refund for both pairs (£52) and the difference to be able to buy another pair for a higher price £70-£26. So ended up with £44 profit and decided not to buy the shoes as I didn't really need them in the first place They debited it to the card I paid with as well. I think amazon reps have actually loads of control over your account and it feels like their actions are never monitored. Also bought some perfume in the past but it arrived not unsealed, so I suspected it being fake. They said keep the item and gave me £20 back. Amazon customer service is the best to be fair.

It all depends on who you get. Some people don't give anything at all but some try to bend the rules as much as they can (by refunding on previous orders). £44 is brilliant, I've gotten nowhere near that amount (maximum of £15-20). Though I got a year of prime once
Edited by: "jamie015" 14th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions