Groups

Amazon Credit Card - free £15 credit... anyone tried this??

I was about to buy 2 disney dvds for £12 odd from amazon, but I've noticed they're advertising their credit card with 0% finance for 9 months, and they'll top you up with £15 on your first purchase...so effectively my dvds would be free... is this correct??

Has anyone else tried this and had success?

11 Comments

its had quite a large repsponse so might take a while to come through, mines take about 2/3 weeks and i expect you will have to make a purchase and then pay it off and they will send you the voucher

you could always apply for a credit card on quidco and get £25 cashback for taking it out use it to pay for your dvds collect your £25 cashback and happy days.

Original Poster

It says the £15 is automatically credited to your account after your first purchase... not sure whether to stay away or not...

amazon did the same thing on their old credit cards, its just with a different card company now

[COLOR="Blue"]sounds like other credit cards, but your getting £15 on top, so go for it[/COLOR]

vinylandtrinkets;6621727

With the Amazon.co.uk MasterCard, you can get 0% on all Amazon.co.uk … With the Amazon.co.uk MasterCard, you can get 0% on all Amazon.co.uk purchases for the first 9 months, and £15 credited to your card when you make a purchase within 180 days. Typical rate 16.9% APR (variable). personally i think the APR is highand if you are late paying or miss a payment you lose the 0% apr. its the same as all credit cards.

APR is v.high on this at the moment. Also this affects your credit rating if you apply for one of these etc.

Smeagol [COLOR="Blue"]sounds like other credit cards, but your getting £15 on top, so go for it[/COLOR]

scott1295;6621801

wrong APR is through the roof for current economic climate; everyone has … wrong APR is through the roof for current economic climate; everyone has been dropping them for example, marks and spencers apr went from 15.9% to 9.9%. :thumbsup:

[COLOR="Blue"]op is not asking about APR, she is wondering about the free £15, im guessing she will use it then not use the card again otherwise she would of asked about the card not about the free £15[/COLOR]

I applied on the 15th after seeing it in moneysavingexpert.com newsletter. I haven't heard anything from them yet but it did say it would take a couple of weeks to get a response.

YEP...... £15. Applied last week, got text and email saying its been authorized. So £15 in the bag for me!!!.....

Banned

just do what I did. get the card, get the £15, use the card and then cancel it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831530
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial78
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1328
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088

See more discussions