Amazon Customer Service

Posted 8th Feb
Share your good/bad customer service experiences here

Based on amazons customer service reviews it seems that some are positive and negative experiences
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
Reported a missing bundled game, very pleasant customer service rep miscalculated agreed refund, brand new PS4 cost me less than £80, great experience
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 8th Feb
Had a bottle of gin delivered to the wrong house (same name, same village, different postcode). We thought that it had gone missing, so they sent another one out.
Same thing happened with the second bottle, so I go refunded.
Then had the thought of checking the other house with the same name and both bottles were there. They had been left outside the door and the occupants were away.
Contacted CS about returning them and they said to keep them.

Also had a couple of cases of Fentimans delivered smashed. Issue was resolved straight away and I received a replacement next day.

Overall, very good imo.
Driver left my Fitbit and duvet cover outside in the rain. So they replaced the Fitbit (there was nothing wrong with it) and refunded the value of the duvet cover
I have found that if there’s a problem with an item within the 30 day return window they are faultless. However any issues after this then they aren’t helpful. I have had items fail after 30 days and have been sent backwards and forwards between manufacturer and CS. My contract is with Amazon but they won’t help.
My general experience has been very good, similar to what others have described.
Excellent service for me they sent me the wrong Nintendo labo set so they refunded me and told me to keep it and reorder the one I wanted
Hot.Potato08/02/2020 08:17

I have found that if there’s a problem with an item within the 30 day r …I have found that if there’s a problem with an item within the 30 day return window they are faultless. However any issues after this then they aren’t helpful. I have had items fail after 30 days and have been sent backwards and forwards between manufacturer and CS. My contract is with Amazon but they won’t help.

I found this the same as the AirPods I purchased stopped working 3 months down the line. The first 2 options they gave me was arrange repair or have £10 promotional credit. But if you mention “ can I speak to your supervisor “ they give you the option to refund on return
I had a terrible experience with a petrol lawn mower that stopped working after one use advertised as Briggs and Stratton engine but was cheap chinese crap, they sent another out which was also no good. I literally spent months trying to get them to come and take them. They’re generally good at refunding and replacing, but their customer service people are terrible if it’s not something easy I’ve always found

I have found that if there’s a problem with an item within the 30 day r …I have found that if there’s a problem with an item within the 30 day return window they are faultless. However any issues after this then they aren’t helpful. I have had items fail after 30 days and have been sent backwards and forwards between manufacturer and CS. My contract is with Amazon but they won’t help.

Opposite case with me. 10 month old iPhone XR became faulty so contacted amazon and with no more questions they accepted and sent me a label to return it. Got a full refund

Opposite with me, electric shaver broke 5 months in and they were happy to refund no questions and provided free returns label.

I find it often helps if you say you want credit as opposed to a refund to card.
Ive had many refunds, replacement etc always been fantastic, i had an item 4 months ( Nextbase dashcam case ) stitching came loose and they sent me return label and refund
I left this positive post above and then remembered i returned an item on thursday to a next store and it seems ive jinxed myself
Just checked and it says i haven't dropped it off yet, spoke to customer service and they're saying it hasn't been dropped off and where is the return receipt.
Next have never given me a receipt, i returned something a few months back and questioned them about a receipt and they said you dont get one.
At that point i contacted customer services and they said its normal and i received a refund literally 5 minutes later just after dropping it off.
Seems this time its gone wrong, has anyone else dropped returns to a next store and did you receive a receipt ?
I was just told I'd get an email which never came
Dannyrobbo08/02/2020 09:17

I had a terrible experience with a petrol lawn mower that stopped working …I had a terrible experience with a petrol lawn mower that stopped working after one use advertised as Briggs and Stratton engine but was cheap chinese crap, they sent another out which was also no good. I literally spent months trying to get them to come and take them. They’re generally good at refunding and replacing, but their customer service people are terrible if it’s not something easy I’ve always found

I had a robot lawnmower which i purchased from amazon but became faulty after 11 months

The product was no longer available on their website. (A newer, but lower spec model had replaced it) - i contacted amazon by online chat who refunded the purchase price (about £900) and collected the item for free
Items sold by Amazon where the seller on the invoice is stated as Amazon's satellite London registered office have generally been processed in line or beyond UK consumer legislation and not had an issue beyond 6 months from delivery where the automatic right to unchallenged assistance ceases. Have had one FBA refunded by Amazon without question at around 9 months - I was expecting a battle over that issue but obvsly twarted by Amazon's gesture of goodwill. Most NAD arrivals are immediately refunded with no requirement for return. Only two gripes:
first: repeated NAD where there is a reluctance to the concept of "could somebody check prior to despatch please" but typically compensated by repeat refund and minor compensatory credit and again no requirement to return NAD item.
second: had a battle to have Amazon provide a return label for one reasonable value NAD FBA return (Amazon wanted me to fund return then be reimbursed for postage, but I always decline to accept the return transit responsibility). Eventually sorted by a second or third CS jockey who manipulated system to provide return shipping label.
Generally pleased with Amazon's CS although disappointed that messaging comms have been removed.
Bad - bought a cordless mower from the warehouse in used like new condition. Didn't work and they wouldn't collect it, the only option they gave me was to take it to the nearest drop off.

Good - spoke to another cs rep to say i needed it collected and they straight away issued a refund and told me to do what i wanted with the mower. So i took it apart, tested it and found the motor to be faulty. Sold the batter and charger on ebay for £40.
This is an easy one.

Their customer service used to be exemplary, it's now quite poor and is continually becoming poorer.
Helpful56708/02/2020 11:44

I had a robot lawnmower which i purchased from amazon but became faulty …I had a robot lawnmower which i purchased from amazon but became faulty after 11 monthsThe product was no longer available on their website. (A newer, but lower spec model had replaced it) - i contacted amazon by online chat who refunded the purchase price (about £900) and collected the item for free

it took months for them to take the two of them, bloody huge petrol things. The customer service were hopeless, they couldn’t understand why even after a refund I didn’t want two broken poor quality lawn mowers for free.
In my experience buying anything from a 3rd party isn't safe at all, the 3rd party seller can easily play the system and waste months of the customer's time, ignore 5/6 messages sent and amazon still wont do anything without the sellers permission.
Amazon said countless times of course you are due a refund because the seller isn't responding, then circles of the seller demanding proof the item is damaged, and amazon go back on their promises of helping until they are sent.
After they are sent seller goes back to zero contact, circle back to amazon saying they will refund, then seller claims they had no contact despite proving to amazon this has happened, Amazon will side with the seller.

After several weeks of circling I posted the broken item in a review making it impossible for the seller to claim they cannot see pictures and they agree to refund. Amazon at this point are no help anymore, the seller successfully blackmails me to remove the negative review before refunding - amzaon do nothing about this.

I'm left with a giant box that needs to go in the trash because of course the seller wont take it back - amazon will only reimburse after paying for expensive professional removal which after going through all the hassle and buying a replacement item I couldn't afford anymore, ultimately had to wait until someone I knew was able to take it to a dump that could process broken furniture, was sat in the house for a few months as a hazard to several people which was very bad.

So ultimately that's why I don't trust anything on amazon they don't supply themselves as evidently the customer service is open to infinite abuse as a seller.
They are basically robots.

Very easy to deal with if you have a common problem and they can just click a preprogrammed response and issue a refund or redeliver etc.

If you have something slightly out of the ordinary they are useless and very frustrating to deal with.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions