Amazon Customer Service is really dire.

Posted 13th MarEdited by:"yorkie12"
On Monday morning I ordered an oven from Amazon, turned out to be market place vendor. I had an offer on my account 'Top up Gift card account by £80+ and get £6 bonus' so stupidly as it turns out I did. Topped up £200 and used as part payment. Four days later , Thursday afternoon, I had an email to say the order had been cancelled and I'd get a full refund in 5 to 7 working days. I had altered my oven housing just the day before to accommodate the new oven and bought a new 20 amp switch too. Looked around on Amazon for a replacement and the same oven was £702, I was only paying £299! So had to buy from another site , which cost me an extra £80 but that was better than an extra £400.
Amazon refunded the gift card £200 when I now needed the cashback. Was on the phone yesterday for 40 mins and eventually given the circumstances they agreed to refund the gift card. This morning the card was still on my account , so rang again. This time I was on for an hour and they said nothing had been actioned the previous day. The card has now gone off my account so presume the refund is going through. Think I forced the situation by threatening to get my credit card company involved.
For all that messing around Amazon of old would have given a good will credit of £5 or £10 , all that I got was to waste 2 hours of my life.
Community Updates
Top comments
Nothing to see here bar a disgruntled customer for no reason. Amazon have nothing to answer for
OP could consider removing the word *service" from thread title.
Waddayawant13/03/2020 10:45

Don't use them again then if not happy, simple!

BuT i DesErVE RECoMPense
I don't agree with your view given the circumstances unfortunately.
31 Comments
I don't agree with your view given the circumstances unfortunately.
Nothing to see here bar a disgruntled customer for no reason. Amazon have nothing to answer for
Waddayawant13/03/2020 10:45

BuT i DesErVE RECoMPense
Don't buy gift cards then. This could happen with any retailer.
AndyRoyd13/03/2020 10:59

If I was drinking coffee it would be all over my keyboard now
Hardly amazon’s fault, you started off by ordering from a marketplace seller, not even Amazon! No other retailer refunds gift cards so I would say you’ve actually received good customer service. I don’t see why you think you deserve to profit from the situation that isn’t their fault...
Might be worth taking this down op - I don't think you're going to get much sympathy here!
Very poor service waiting 4 full days before they decide they don't have stock?
I
yorkie1213/03/2020 12:30

Very poor service waiting 4 full days before they decide they don't have …Very poor service waiting 4 full days before they decide they don't have stock?

Agree here but that is the fault of the seller, who is not amazon.
MadeDixonsCry13/03/2020 13:14

I Agree here but that is the fault of the seller, who is not amazon.

That may be so, but I am gathering which the OP did not make clear that rather than just simply being a marketplace seller that this was an item sold by the marketplace seller and fulfilled by amazon considering the payment and refund.

Items fulfilled by amazon therefore customers service is through amazon.

Through their inconvenience they have not exactly had brilliant customer service.

A couple of years ago I bought during the Easter Amazon 20% off warehouse deals a damaged box metal shed. Due to not needing it straight away I opted for delivery as far down the line as possible which was nearly a month later.

For whatever reason the due date came and went and no delivery, amazon no longer had the item. They however did a manual discount on a brand new one and delivered it pronto....that is good customer service.
I agree that Amazon's customer service is poor - however, not in this case.

Very poor service waiting 4 full days before they decide they don't have …Very poor service waiting 4 full days before they decide they don't have stock?

So why aren’t you complaining about the service given to you by the seller?? It’s not that hard to understand you ordered from a third party...
choccie3213/03/2020 13:41

So why aren’t you complaining about the service given to you by the s …So why aren’t you complaining about the service given to you by the seller?? It’s not that hard to understand you ordered from a third party...

As I have said in a couple of posts up on here, that depends if the item is sold by the marketplace seller but fulfilled by amazon or not.

If fulfilled by amazon then you do complain to amazon as they are liable for the service.
cicobuff13/03/2020 13:50

As I have said in a couple of posts up on here, that depends if the item …As I have said in a couple of posts up on here, that depends if the item is sold by the marketplace seller but fulfilled by amazon or not.If fulfilled by amazon then you do complain to amazon as they are liable for the service.

I agree that Amazon have the A-Z responsibility, but it seems like they've done everything they are legally obliged to do and more
MadeDixonsCry13/03/2020 13:55

I agree that Amazon have the A-Z responsibility, but it seems like they've …I agree that Amazon have the A-Z responsibility, but it seems like they've done everything they are legally obliged to do and more

True, but only after the OP had to chase up on things. I would not expect more personally, but usually Amazon do offer gestures of goodwill to uphold customer service.

The OP could have waited to ensure the item was going to be fulfilled before starting to prepare for it, but how many of us actually want to do that if doing DIY in a room....you usually simply trust after ordering an item showing stocked that it will be fulfilled at the price paid.
cicobuff13/03/2020 14:03

True, but only after the OP had to chase up on things. I would not expect …True, but only after the OP had to chase up on things. I would not expect more personally, but usually Amazon do offer gestures of goodwill to uphold customer service.The OP could have waited to ensure the item was going to be fulfilled before starting to prepare for it, but how many of us actually want to do that if doing DIY in a room....you usually simply trust after ordering an item showing stocked that it will be fulfilled at the price paid.

Bleedin 'eck, Amazon give an inch and people expect a mile!
MadeDixonsCry13/03/2020 14:04

Bleedin 'eck, Amazon give an inch and people expect a mile!

You wouldn't be peed off if you have to chase up on a refund with any customer service?
cicobuff13/03/2020 14:05

You wouldn't be peed off if you have to chase up on a refund with any …You wouldn't be peed off if you have to chase up on a refund with any customer service?

Peed off is one thing, but if a gift card was eventually refunded as cash (which is a goodwill gesture) then I certainly wouldn't write on a forum about it!
MadeDixonsCry13/03/2020 14:11

Peed off is one thing, but if a gift card was eventually refunded as cash …Peed off is one thing, but if a gift card was eventually refunded as cash (which is a goodwill gesture) then I certainly wouldn't write on a forum about it!

Nope....but the OP did have to chase up on what was promised and should not have had to.....I am just addressing the other side of the coin here, not taking sides. The OP didn't state whether it was amazon fulfilled...I am assuming it was with the refund side of things.
cicobuff13/03/2020 14:13

Nope....but the OP did have to chase up on what was promised and should …Nope....but the OP did have to chase up on what was promised and should not have had to

That's an ideal world mentality that we'd all like to live in. Unfortunately this will not happen unless we all move to the far east and assimilate their values and ethics.
MadeDixonsCry13/03/2020 14:24

That's an ideal world mentality that we'd all like to live in. …That's an ideal world mentality that we'd all like to live in. Unfortunately this will not happen unless we all move to the far east and assimilate their values and ethics.

Ironically that is where most customer service is outsourced.
Yes the order was supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon and it was them who contacted me regarding no stock but took them 4 days! Also they kept me on the telephone for 40 minutes the first time and said everything was sorted when it wasn't. Then another hour on the phone to finally sort. Personally I don't think this is good service.
yorkie1213/03/2020 15:42

...Personally I don't think this is good service.

Observational based on preceding posts: that is the minority opinion expressed within this thread.

Actually that would not necessarily be the case, unless it said delivery in that time. Amazon show an expected delivery date. If I ordered something with two week delivery time, four days isn’t bad.
choccie3213/03/2020 17:49

Actually that would not necessarily be the case, unless it said delivery …Actually that would not necessarily be the case, unless it said delivery in that time. Amazon show an expected delivery date. If I ordered something with two week delivery time, four days isn’t bad.

Should have been delivered today (5 Days) , so I assume they didn't look for it in their warehouse until it was due for dispatch.
Well I just got off with live chat as a Switch game box was damaged (£15 Civ VI from a deal on here), rather than send the item back they said I can keep it and are refunding me for the whole amount Was only really expecting £2-3 back so I can buy a new case.
I always contact customer service via the app where they have a chat function. No waiting around and they seem much more helpful
doll280814/03/2020 10:37

I always contact customer service via the app where they have a chat …I always contact customer service via the app where they have a chat function. No waiting around and they seem much more helpful

They do phone you quickly , it's being put on hold for ages for ages that 's annoying.
Never ever had an issue with amazon both pre prime and now prime customers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants