Amazon customer service, no email possible, just chat or phone.

Posted 7th Jun 2019
Just noticed on my Prime account I can no longer contact Amazon by means of mail, the option has disappeared only chat and phone available yet on my other non Prime account its still there. Anyone else have this problem.
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
They will email the chat if you tick the box at the end.
nope, email still available.
emailed yesterday and looked today earlier.
davewave07/06/2019 16:53

They will email the chat if you tick the box at the end.

I just prefer email rather than chatting.
AMaky07/06/2019 16:54

nope, email still available.emailed yesterday and looked today earlier.

Do you have Prime as its only my Prime with this problem, my other account is fine.
rhinopaul07/06/2019 17:00

Do you have Prime as its only my Prime with this problem, my other account …Do you have Prime as its only my Prime with this problem, my other account is fine.

yes i have a prime account
I see what you mean. Seems like a new format (which looks better imo).
37810059-qCjZV.jpg
RiverDragon807/06/2019 17:01

I see what you mean. Seems like a new format (which looks better …I see what you mean. Seems like a new format (which looks better imo).[Image]

Yes, thats it. I prefer email tho but also strange why only certain accounts.
rhinopaul07/06/2019 17:08

Yes, thats it. I prefer email tho but also strange why only certain …Yes, thats it. I prefer email tho but also strange why only certain accounts.

Maybe we're the lucky/chosen ones?
has any non prime member got that new layout above? I've got prime but I took too much promotional credit by going on live chat thats why ive got that layout above.
rhinopaul07/06/2019 16:59

I just prefer email rather than chatting.

Curious as to why that would be?
I find chatting easier as you can get things moving faster, also keep pecking their heads and refuse to give up easier
SaltyExpert07/06/2019 17:46

Curious as to why that would be?I find chatting easier as you can get …Curious as to why that would be?I find chatting easier as you can get things moving faster, also keep pecking their heads and refuse to give up easier

I just find it easier, one message and its done rather than having to wait to respond and reply.
rhinopaul07/06/2019 17:52

I just find it easier, one message and its done rather than having to wait …I just find it easier, one message and its done rather than having to wait to respond and reply.

Unless you don't like the response to the original email. Then you're firing one back, etc etc.

For info I have the newer chat/phone call option only too now (prime member)
SaltyExpert07/06/2019 17:55

Unless you don't like the response to the original email. Then you're …Unless you don't like the response to the original email. Then you're firing one back, etc etc.For info I have the newer chat/phone call option only too now (prime member)

I usually have a satisfactory response with email. I have just use this new chat, Still as useless as before. I spoke to 2 people presumably the other left work. Automated responses really . The problem I have is I bought a GIVI motorcycle box and it arrived locked with no keys ( Amazon warehouse) but not as described. Their simple response is to return it for a refund. It was sent to France and the box is about 3 ft long an bulky, it will cost me about £40 if not more to return it of which I will then have to wait for a refund . All I wanted them to do was look for the keys in the warehouse but they wont. I have been offered 15% but that equates to £15, just not worth it.The box is useless without the keys as the lock will have to be drilled out and replaced and that will cost more than £15.
rhinopaul07/06/2019 18:29

I usually have a satisfactory response with email. I have just use this …I usually have a satisfactory response with email. I have just use this new chat, Still as useless as before. I spoke to 2 people presumably the other left work. Automated responses really . The problem I have is I bought a GIVI motorcycle box and it arrived locked with no keys ( Amazon warehouse) but not as described. Their simple response is to return it for a refund. It was sent to France and the box is about 3 ft long an bulky, it will cost me about £40 if not more to return it of which I will then have to wait for a refund . All I wanted them to do was look for the keys in the warehouse but they wont. I have been offered 15% but that equates to £15, just not worth it.The box is useless without the keys as the lock will have to be drilled out and replaced and that will cost more than £15.

That sounds an absolute disaster to be fair. Stand your ground on chat and make them come collect it.
rhinopaul07/06/2019 17:08

Yes, thats it. I prefer email tho but also strange why only certain …Yes, thats it. I prefer email tho but also strange why only certain accounts.

try mobile version not desktop, it doesn't have live chat version at all.
Email cs-reply@amazon.co.uk from your registered Amazon account email address. Amazon have stopped offering email as an option if you are able to live chat, only way to do it from the website would be to use the mobile website which doesn't support live chat as of yet.
i had the same a couple of days ago op (prime)
I still have email option on my UK amazon account but no option to email on amazon.com account.
I found amazon.com customer services shockingly bad recently. UK customer services much better IMO.
I just used the email option 45 minutes ago, it wasn't there for "Item not as described" or whatever the exact words were, so I selected "Item Damaged" in the drop down and the Email us option appeared. Funny system, but I too prefer to just send them an email and forget it for a bit then see how they respond.

If I have no choice but to use chat option, before I start, I create a new text/word document on the desktop and fill it with sentences and questions I think will be useful, along with a complete description of my issue/complaint. It saves so much time.
Similar recent ask threads indicated missing option was unique to mobile devices. Desktop mode seemed to resolve. Or try vice versa.
Bully07/06/2019 20:49

I still have email option on my UK amazon account but no option to email …I still have email option on my UK amazon account but no option to email on amazon.com account.I found amazon.com customer services shockingly bad recently. UK customer services much better IMO.

Don't amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have the same Indian chat representatives?
jamie1508/06/2019 15:03

Don't amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have the same Indian chat …Don't amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have the same Indian chat representatives?

yeah the freshys operate the entire website worldwide.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants