Amazon Customer Service - No More Email Or Live Chat

Posted 5th Dec 2019
I had to contact Amazon yesterday about a prime order that was supposed to be shipped 1st December. However I have now noticed that you can only contact them via the telephone.

Live chat is a robot that sends you around in circles.
No more email option.

I'm not keen on phone calls in my open plan office at work so I eventually called them at 9pm last night and the only solution they could offer was either wait until end December which was the new shipping date (even though it was in stock at a higher price) or cancel the order.

Does anyone know if this is a temporary measure due to Black Friday / Christmas or is it permanent?
Community Updates
13 Comments
cs-reply@amazon.co.uk That’s the email for their cs team.
the robot hands you over to a person if you ask. i said "speak to human"
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 5th Dec 2019
You have to select chat after dealing with the messaging assistant.

39263116-rHyu1.jpg
No, you dont always get that option. I kept going round in circles until i said "speak to human".
I don't get that option - it only shows me "call me" or "never mind"
I did live chat this morning and yesterday, also emailed them, all answered within a few hours.
m1keyp1key05/12/2019 09:26

No, you dont always get that option. I kept going round in circles until i …No, you dont always get that option. I kept going round in circles until i said "speak to human".

there is a head phones icon, click that instead for human
E mail still works
m1keyp1key05/12/2019 09:26

No, you dont always get that option. I kept going round in circles until i …No, you dont always get that option. I kept going round in circles until i said "speak to human".

pototea05/12/2019 09:50

I don't get that option - it only shows me "call me" or "never mind"

You only get that option when you say select 'need more help'.

This is becoming more frequent in a lot of places now - trying to make it difficult to speak to CS when there are other options.
Oh I've used the recent chat option on Amazon. I don't like it! As mentioned you first get the auto assistant and then you filter through some questions to speak to a real human. Worse thing is you cannot end the chat yourself you have to wait for the agent to end it or ask them too. Worse if they make no sense and take ages to respond. I preferred the live chat before.
Live chat seems to be working right now - it wasn't when I tried to contact them yesterday
as @deeky has put you can chat to them just have to go via the robot first.
i contacted them yesterday about a missing order this same way.
Amazon are struggling to deliver all parcels in time. You may notice your one day delivery option is now showing as 2-3 days. They have even hired temporary Hermes drivers to help out in this busy period.
Edited by: "Dealzonwheels" 5th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions