amazon dash a brilliant idea but flawed for us thrifty folk

RE: amazon "Dash" amazon.co.uk/gp/…YQ1

I'm a sucker for new tech and I love the idea of the amazon dash just bought amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1 I have tested it and cancelled the order as amazon want £50 for 189 (strange amount) of these amazon.co.uk/Fai…8-1

I paid £10.00 for 60 amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

so

• 17p each "thrifty" deal Prime

• 26p each "dash" purchase

I'm keeping the Dash till the price of the dishwasher tablets drop but then whats the point of having it ?! (there is £5.00 OFF 1st order though)

amazon really need to do something where you can set a price as apparently in the USA folks are as thrifty as we are:

time.com/mon…ue/

BRILLIANT idea, and it works. But not quite yet for us thrifty HUKDers

Plus I love this home automation thats really taking off - Nest, Hive, Hue Echo, Dot, WeMo etc

13 Comments

Looks like a great idea

Original Poster

Hi
I'm VERY impressed with them but I have set alarms on camelcamelcamel and downloaded "Price Alert for Amazon" on iOS but it kind of negates the idea of the Dash.
Amazon need to tweak it so you can set a price you are happy with, ie no more than what was paid last time etc.
Cheers
Edited by: "deany76" 2nd Oct 2016

wtf is this world coming to? Can just seem some little sod of a child pressing the button over and over and over again..X)

deany76

HiI'm VERY impressed with them but I have set alarms on camelcamelcamel … HiI'm VERY impressed with them but I have set alarms on camelcamelcamel and downloaded "Price Alert for Amazon" on iOS but it kind of negates the idea of the Dash. Amazon need to tweak it so you can set a price you are happy with, ie no more than what was paid last time etc.Cheers

​They will never do that. They rely on people not checking how much the items cost and get into the habit of ordering at what ever price they are charging. Most people bulk buy a few times a year on a lot of the stuff these dash buttons are there for. Like razer blades dish washer tablets etc. I think it will eventually fall on its ****.

Original Poster

unless amazon tweak it in our favour it will fall off the radar as you say, which would be a great shame as they are great.

thats it the world has officially gone mad

Original Poster

Hi
Thank will have a nosey of this latter hotukdeals.com/vis…095
looks interesting esp. "home automation" which is a new interest of mine.
cheers

its surprising how many people dont shop around and care about prices though they will literally purchase an item from the first place they see it

Original Poster

ainsy69

its surprising how many people dont shop around and care about prices … its surprising how many people dont shop around and care about prices though they will literally purchase an item from the first place they see it

Hi

Thanks for posting

Yes I'm between the devil and the deep blue sea.

I admit I'm thrifty
I also love new tech esp.
home automation.

I feel slightly lost with the AMAZING Dash I hope amazon see the problems and find a solution.

deany76

HiThanks for postingYes I'm between the devil and the deep blue sea.I … HiThanks for postingYes I'm between the devil and the deep blue sea.I admit I'm thriftyI also love new tech esp.home automation.I feel slightly lost with the AMAZING Dash I hope amazon see the problems and find a solution.

This really isn't home automation though is it, its more just laziness, the fact you can buy with 1-click purchase on your mobile, really IMHO makes these obsolete before I even have one.

Infact it would be quicker for me to complete an order for 10 items on my phone than walk around my house tapping these buttons. it would be better if the washing machines and fridges etc, had a built in wifi buttons that could be assigned to send you reminders when you are running low, and then amazons app could pick up on this and recommend the cheapest prices for products and you have final say in purchase.
Edited by: "haritori" 2nd Oct 2016

Original Poster

haritori

This really isn't home automation though is it, its more just laziness, … This really isn't home automation though is it, its more just laziness, the fact you can buy with 1-click purchase on your mobile, really IMHO makes these obsolete before I even have one.Infact it would be quicker for me to complete an order for 10 items on my phone than walk around my house tapping these buttons. it would be better if the washing machines and fridges etc, had a built in wifi buttons that could be assigned to send you reminders when you are running low, and then amazons app could pick up on this and recommend the cheapest prices for products and you have final say in purchase.

Hi
Yes, your idea is ideal. I guess amazon were trying to get as close to your idea as they could with the tech thats available at the moment.
thanks
Edited by: "deany76" 3rd Oct 2016

As much as I love all things Amazon, I really don't see the big benefit of the dash.

I just tape my smartphone to the kitchen cupboard
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876398
    3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1022
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373

See more discussions