Amazon Dash Buttons are here

SuperEd 53 replies
Found 31st Aug 2016
L loads to choose from Link

Includes 48 so far like Ariel, Finish, Whiskas, Gillette, Lenor, Olay, Johnsons & more (Even NERF?!)

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41hERdQzglL._AC_US160_.jpg
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZoQQH0nWL._AC_US160_.jpg
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Sw4JN63XL._AC_US160_.jpg

WHAT IS DASH BUTTON?

Amazon Dash Button is a Wi-Fi-connected device that reorders your favourite product with the press of a button. Each Dash Button is paired with a product of your choice, which is selected during the setup process. When you're running low, simply press Dash Button—ensuring you never run out of your essentials again.

SIMPLE TO SET UP AND USE

Dash Button is set up and managed through the Amazon App on your Android or iOS smartphone, and works in any location with a Wi-Fi connection. Once setup is complete, a notification (if enabled) is sent to your smartphone every time an order is placed. Click here to make sure you have the latest version of the Amazon App.

ORDER PROTECTION

With this setting, Dash Button will not place a new order until your prior order is delivered—regardless of how many times Dash Button is pressed. In addition, you will receive an order notification (if enabled) for every order placed, allowing you to cancel an order before it is dispatched. You have a free return policy here for products purchased through Dash Button.

£4.99 DISCOUNT AFTER FIRST PRESS

Buy Dash Button for £4.99, and get a £4.99 discount after your first press. See terms and conditions.

53 Comments

Oh Amazon what will you think of next? What if a child presses it (is there a double step to the order)? How sustainable is this product?

Original Poster SuperEd

matedodgy

Oh Amazon what will you think of next? What if a child presses it (is … Oh Amazon what will you think of next? What if a child presses it (is there a double step to the order)? How sustainable is this product?

There's steps in place if someone accidentally presses it (you get an alert before dispatch to cancel) or you put it out of a child's reach.

Once presses and dispatched for delivery, you cannot re-order until that item has been delivered even if you pressed it 100 times

I'm guessing with this sort of device they're hoping we all get lazy, hit that button and don't take notice of the price were paying for the re-stocks.

Probably a good idea for lazy folk, but not for me.

who is going to order not knowing the price? so you check the price and then you order online making these pretty redundant anyway, plus if its a pantry item you will get charged £2.99

Im looking for the benefit but cant really see one, unless there is a panini dash button book to keep your completed collection in

Banned

lol is this a joke?

so tarquin, once you offload all your nerf darts and lose them just press this button

Not for me. I would be like

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/09ba250d/dms3rep/multi/desktop/dougle-700x200.png

What a pointless product.

Banned

What's to stop your cat stepping on this thing or a child reaching it? or your mate simply being a **** X)

Can't see these being around for long. Looks like a toy you get with a happy meal.

Where do you put the Durex one?

Editor

MrScotchBonnet

What's to stop your cat stepping on this thing or a child reaching it? or … What's to stop your cat stepping on this thing or a child reaching it? or your mate simply being a **** X)Can't see these being around for long. Looks like a toy you get with a happy meal.

I think you set a maximum order frequency, so it ignores any presses after your initial press to order.

xstevo99

so tarquin, once you offload all your nerf darts and lose them just press … so tarquin, once you offload all your nerf darts and lose them just press this button

Buy 100 glow in the dark ones on ebay for like £2-3.
Lights off at night and go hunting lol.

feeder16

Where do you put the Durex one?

Next to the unopened packet that I have had in my drawer for over a year

while people may find these an odd idea they thought the same about the Amazon Echo, which is now a best seller for Amazon.

I like how there is a Durex button and Johnsons button.

So in the heat of the moment, order some jonnies, if they split you can the start ordering baby products quickly too.

justonemorepie

while people may find these an odd idea they thought the same about the … while people may find these an odd idea they thought the same about the Amazon Echo, which is now a best seller for Amazon.

You don't need to tell us twice.

Would be great if everything in life was as simple as pushing a button and forgetting about it.

Funny enough, are mobile phone as barcode scanners not enough ? They can find the product and at the cheapest, adding to global warming by providing unneeded devices.

I get it but as I said using current tech and utilising such would be far more ground breaking than a gimmick.

Scan and Google shop app seems much a better option, that stores previous scans, nothing additional needed than the mobile most us surf on anyway.

Why do I need to locate and press a button when my anywhere I am mobile does the same job!

xstevo99

so tarquin, once you offload all your nerf darts and lose them just press … so tarquin, once you offload all your nerf darts and lose them just press this button

​ the trick is, you fire the last Nerf at the button, thus ordering your next round.

Load of ****

How lazy do you have to be one of these it takes 30 seconds to open the amazon app on you phone go to the product and use 1 click order. And each button is tied to one product so of you want multiple essential products you have buttons all over the house. Maybe I should have one in the bathroom so when I run out of toilet paper I can push it and just wait for the delivery guy to come save me lol

Dean2k14

How lazy do you have to be one of these it takes 30 seconds to open the … How lazy do you have to be one of these it takes 30 seconds to open the amazon app on you phone go to the product and use 1 click order. And each button is tied to one product so of you want multiple essential products you have buttons all over the house. Maybe I should have one in the bathroom so when I run out of toilet paper I can push it and just wait for the delivery guy to come save me lol

People probably said the same thing about apps... why use my phone when i can spend a minute booting up my pc...
People probably said the same thing about online shopping...
You get the idea...

I'm all over this, if there's one for booze though, i'm in serious ****...

Flodd

People probably said the same thing about apps... why use my phone when i … People probably said the same thing about apps... why use my phone when i can spend a minute booting up my pc...People probably said the same thing about online shopping... You get the idea...I'm all over this, if there's one for booze though, i'm in serious ****...

Not the same as an app at all it has a single purpose for a single item that you could of just pressed the button and ordered then it's half price on offer when you go do your shopping

RossD89

Next to the unopened packet that I have had in my drawer for over a year … Next to the unopened packet that I have had in my drawer for over a year

I was thinking of putting one on the headboard

So order some even though the price may increase and they maybe out of stock, Lazy people will love them.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 31st Aug 2016

ChrisUK

What a pointless product.

Yep what does a multi billion dollar turn over company like Amazon know about retail???!!!

You should probably add to the OP the bit that you omitted - that this product is exclusively for people who have Amazon Prime.
Edited by: "RossD89" 31st Aug 2016

Dean2k14

How lazy do you have to be one of these it takes 30 seconds to open the … How lazy do you have to be one of these it takes 30 seconds to open the amazon app on you phone go to the product and use 1 click order. And each button is tied to one product so of you want multiple essential products you have buttons all over the house. Maybe I should have one in the bathroom so when I run out of toilet paper I can push it and just wait for the delivery guy to come save me lol

It's called convenience and progress. If you don't want to use them - then don't.

I've been waiting for these to be available in the UK

I'm going to order some - but to control my Sonos github.com/tlc…les

trainer88

It's called convenience and progress. If you don't want to use them - … It's called convenience and progress. If you don't want to use them - then don't.

It's called marketing tricks and been bone idle who buys a product without price checking it the price could of gone up since your last purchase and if you have to go and check the order confirmation to make sure everything is ok before dispatch you Mays well just order what you need via your app. plus these things also have none replaceable batteries so when the battery dies you will push the button and no product will arrive. Poor product if you ask me they should of just made an addition to the app that made all your fave products a button on the screen and you can click to order problem solved no need to buy multiple buttons and have them all over your house for the kids to play with. Just my opinion so don't moan about it

TELEVISION X VERSION PLEASE!

justonemorepie

while people may find these an odd idea they thought the same about the … while people may find these an odd idea they thought the same about the Amazon Echo, which is now a best seller for Amazon.

The what?

feeder16

I was thinking of putting one on the headboard

better configure some sort of delay or you might order two packs!

trainer88

I've been waiting for these to be available in the UK I'm going to order … I've been waiting for these to be available in the UK I'm going to order some - but to control my Sonos https://github.com/tlc/sonos-dash-cycles

​That's pretty neat but the 50 second lag puts me off. Making me think of other uses that could serve though as it mentions in the readme that it isn't SONOS specific... hmmmmm

I can kind of understand the point but not the products, it should be beer and pizza

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT4uQaz24xgfsLE0kU/giphy.gif
http://img.pandawhale.com/82459-will-ferrell-NO-gif-Elf-URx3.gif
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24000000/Community-S1-gif-community-24076129-410-230.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3961a7ddc38367d62f2227706f43b3fb/tumblr_mezrkqi3Br1qarqrxo2_500.gif

justonemorepie

*googles Amazon Echo*
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769542
    2. Add one, leave one game54415458
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions