Amazon - definition of Used - Like New

Found 2nd Jul 2012
I bought a Samsung Galaxy II from Amazon, Used - Like New.
It is far from like new.
Does anyone know where I can find their definition of Used - Like New?
ie. should it be clean without scratches?
Community Updates
11 Comments
For Electronics & Photo

Refurbished: a product that has been professionally restored to working order. Typically, this means the product has been inspected, cleaned and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. It may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer warranty or warranty of the company performing the refurbishing services may apply to the product and should be included in the condition notes for the item.
Like New: an apparently untouched item in perfect condition. The original plastic wrap may be missing, but the original packaging is intact. There are absolutely no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift.
Very Good: a well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item and its instructions are complete and undamaged, but may show some signs of wear. The item works perfectly.
Good: the item shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. The original instructions are included, and are in acceptable condition. The item may be marked or identified, and show other signs of previous use. The item works perfectly and is in good overall shape.
Acceptable: the item is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The signs of wear can include scratches, dents and other aesthetic problems. The box and non-essential instructions may be missing or damaged. The item may be marked or identified, and show other signs of previous use.

Edited by: "hasj2" 2nd Jul 2012
Like new to me would mean something that even if it has been used looks brand new, no marks or damage on the item at all. It does annoy me the amount of people that choose like new for something that is used and looked used, but people know they can get more money by describing it as like new. You need to contact the seller and state its obviously not like new.
this is a massive bug bear to me.......spending out your hard earned only to be let down due to bad descriptions! (reminds me of a certain auction site where you get a lot of it!).like starz,i would assume it would have no marks or scratches/damage etc..SEnd it back for a refund
I bought a book from amazon 'like new' which arrived today and it really was like new, no marks, no creacing down the spine, it was just as you get it from a book store.
I'm sure amazon would be unhappy that your 'like new' isn't in the condition described so get in contact with them.
was it amazon themselves or some random dude from marketplace?

in any case, get in touch with amazon.
kunyk

was it amazon themselves or some random dude from marketplace?in any … was it amazon themselves or some random dude from marketplace?in any case, get in touch with amazon.

From Amazon Warehouse
Just got in touch, they said send it back for a full refund.
I told them I'm now an ex-customer!
The amazon warehouse is usually quite good, i don't see why you would be an ex-customer after making one mistake, they have resolved it quickly enough for you not dragged it on like a certain other site if you get an incorrect item.
metallic

Just got in touch, they said send it back for a full refund.I told them … Just got in touch, they said send it back for a full refund.I told them I'm now an ex-customer!

Not the right thing to do! What you say is that you're a disappointed customer and would like to know what they intend to do to encourage your continued loyalty. Telling a company that you will never shop with them again gives them no incentive to compensate your disappointment.
metallic

Just got in touch, they said send it back for a full refund.I told them … Just got in touch, they said send it back for a full refund.I told them I'm now an ex-customer!

OK they messed up, but any company can mess up and in the case its an error by an employee that the company was quick to sort it out and deal with it, which to me is more important than the mistake in the first place. At least you know they will sort things out if they do go wrong.
They made an error and have appeared to correct it quickly, therefore issue resolved. No need to be an ex customer. I had bad experience with play.com - basically shoddy packaging, poor delivery and more shoddy packaging. Therefore I'm an ex customer as they did absolutely nothing.
Edited by: "Smeaton1724" 2nd Jul 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants