Amazon delivered wrong items

Posted 24th Nov
I placed a MacBook Pro (£900) order from Amazon warehouse on Friday which got delivered today. Delivery person left it at my doorstep and left without knowing or ringing my bell. I pickup the box and realised it was very light. I open it and find dog food and Aladdin movie cd inside. I immediately call Amazon, they asked for photos and now sent me a form to fill and send back. They are saying their fulfilment centre has cent it and the delivery guy is saying he delivered it. I think I am in big danger. Has anyone else experienced this?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Funny that my dog food didn't turn up but I got a Macbook instead. The dog has had a roast instead!
How much you selling the spare MacBook for though if you succeed??
95 Comments
End of the day, it's the seller's responsibility to deliver your goods - don't take anything less than a full refund.
Was your dog happy?
adam_holcombe24/11/2019 17:06

End of the day, it's the seller's responsibility to deliver your goods - …End of the day, it's the seller's responsibility to deliver your goods - don't take anything less than a full refund.

They are saying they will investigate, don't know what that mean. I was really keen to get the laptop, it was very good deal I got on tgat., She is saying I won't get the laptop most likely.
rboyo201024/11/2019 17:11

Was your dog happy?

Funny part is I don't own a dog, there is no dog food in my Amazon order history.
As Amazon suggested take photo's of the items delivered, along with the packaging, especially the address and bar code lable. You should be able to see on order number somewhere on the address lable which should prove that it wasn't your order that was delivered. Also check your Amazon Account and look for your original order number, copy it down and get in touch with the Amazon person to confirm that the invoices/order numbers are different and just let them investigate what's happened. Hope that helps?
Chances are as terrible as it sounds, some dodgy Xmas temp has blagged that and replaced with your order. Amazon will/should sort it out.
goldkipper24/11/2019 17:15

As Amazon suggested take photo's of the items delivered, along with the …As Amazon suggested take photo's of the items delivered, along with the packaging, especially the address and bar code lable. You should be able to see on order number somewhere on the address lable which should prove that it wasn't your order that was delivered. Also check your Amazon Account and look for your original order number, copy it down and get in touch with the Amazon person to confirm that the invoices/order numbers are different and just let them investigate what's happened. Hope that helps?

There is no invoice in the box.
I know, they stopped supplying paper invoices a few years ago, that's why I said to look on the address label on the front of the packaging, you should be able to find the invoice/order number on there, then you can cross match it with the invoice/order number on your amazon account.
Funny that my dog food didn't turn up but I got a Macbook instead. The dog has had a roast instead!
If they send the wrong items could they be classed as unsolicited goods and kept anyway?
I have started taking a video of most boxes I open these days if the value is over a certain amount.
I would do that with the Warehouse also as they are notorious.
If you ever receive a parcel that is clearly too light then video the box opening.
It may not be legally binding evidence buy it all helps in the talks.
Good luck.
Robert_Mugabe24/11/2019 17:30

If they send the wrong items could they be classed as unsolicited goods …If they send the wrong items could they be classed as unsolicited goods and kept anyway?

I think so but they only legally become yours after a certain time period I believe.
If they contact you during that period you are obliged to return them.
Robert_Mugabe24/11/2019 17:30

If they send the wrong items could they be classed as unsolicited goods …If they send the wrong items could they be classed as unsolicited goods and kept anyway?

Brilliant idea. Now OP just needs to buy a dog that likes kids movies / songs. Winning.
@SantoshKaushik

Did Amazon (UK) despatch a MacBook Pro without requiring a signature (from an adult) at the destination address (or customer-provided alternate address) upon delivery?

Who signed for it? The delivery driver? If so, perhaps his dog & children are going without food & a movie this evening.

Kids eating dog food should be restricted anyway. Dogs watching Disney movies at any time is OK, though.
fanpages24/11/2019 17:47

@SantoshKaushik Did Amazon (UK) despatch a MacBook Pro without requiring a …@SantoshKaushik Did Amazon (UK) despatch a MacBook Pro without requiring a signature (from an adult) at the destination address (or customer-provided alternate address) upon delivery?Who signed for it? The delivery driver? If so, perhaps his dog & children are going without food & a movie this evening.Kids eating dog food should be restricted anyway. Dogs watching Disney movies at any time is OK, though.

I have not signed the delivery, the delivery guy left it at doorstep without knocking.
If its over a certain value they can not leave it without it being signed for. They left my monitor worth over 400 before with an unknown neighbour. Who wouldn't give it back. Tried saying as it was signed for it's no longer there problem. Dont give in and get a 100% refund.
B0ne524/11/2019 18:00

If its over a certain value they can not leave it without it being signed …If its over a certain value they can not leave it without it being signed for. They left my monitor worth over 400 before with an unknown neighbour. Who wouldn't give it back. Tried saying as it was signed for it's no longer there problem. Dont give in and get a 100% refund.

Thanks for your words. I am trying with them.
Is this a wind up .. you posted a thread saying there was issue with this item being dispatched from Amazon but now their delivery people have delivered something else entirely? Some people have no luck at all
SantoshKaushik24/11/2019 18:01

Thanks for your words. I am trying with them.

Another thing to note. Like yours mine was a amazon open boxed used item. They dont come covered up. They get delivered in the box they are in. So the person delivering would of saw what it was.
fanpages24/11/2019 17:47

@SantoshKaushik Did Amazon (UK) despatch a MacBook Pro without requiring a …@SantoshKaushik Did Amazon (UK) despatch a MacBook Pro without requiring a signature (from an adult) at the destination address (or customer-provided alternate address) upon delivery?Who signed for it? The delivery driver? If so, perhaps his dog & children are going without food & a movie this evening.Kids eating dog food should be restricted anyway. Dogs watching Disney movies at any time is OK, though.

SantoshKaushik24/11/2019 17:55

I have not signed the delivery, the delivery guy left it at doorstep …I have not signed the delivery, the delivery guy left it at doorstep without knocking.

Yes, I read that above.

My question was... Did Amazon not require a signature for the delivery of a £900 product?
fanpages24/11/2019 18:05

Yes, I read that above.My question was... Did Amazon not require a …Yes, I read that above.My question was... Did Amazon not require a signature for the delivery of a £900 product?

No I don't see it was a signed for.
B0ne524/11/2019 18:04

Another thing to note. Like yours mine was a amazon open boxed used item. …Another thing to note. Like yours mine was a amazon open boxed used item. They dont come covered up. They get delivered in the box they are in. So the person delivering would of saw what it was.

Most likely
B0ne524/11/2019 18:04

Another thing to note. Like yours mine was a amazon open boxed used item. …Another thing to note. Like yours mine was a amazon open boxed used item. They dont come covered up. They get delivered in the box they are in. So the person delivering would of saw what it was.

true that, I had £100 keyboard delivered yesterday from amazon warehouse with just a label stuck on!
Ask for the proof of postage weight information, your package weight shouldn’t match and should prove the error
How much you selling the spare MacBook for though if you succeed??
fanpages24/11/2019 18:05

Yes, I read that above.My question was... Did Amazon not require a …Yes, I read that above.My question was... Did Amazon not require a signature for the delivery of a £900 product?

SantoshKaushik24/11/2019 18:07

No I don't see it was a signed for.

Oh, OK. That's weird.

I've had to sign for two sets of earphones this weekend (£109 each) & a few weeks ago a lamp (at £12.99) [!].

Standards at Amazon must be slipping faster than I thought.
As stated above, I start recording if I order an expensive as soon as I get a knock on the door.
And while unboxing it.
If left on the door step I still record unboxing.
I had a £300 sat nav left on the doorstep for 3 days and Dixon’s wondered why when I got home it had disappeared.
Ordered an IPad Pro off eBay and got a pair of slippers instead.
5 minutes after uploading the unboxing to eBay I was refunded.
OP you still haven’t mentioned whether the label on the box was actually addressed to you... I have a feeling you are not telling us something, but maybe that’s just me.
toonsquirel24/11/2019 18:08

Ask for the proof of postage weight information, your package weight …Ask for the proof of postage weight information, your package weight shouldn’t match and should prove the error

The postage weight is on the label, all Amazon packages are weighed before dispatch. I believe they also record serial numbers and have cameras at the packing stations.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 24th Nov
JohnnyRoller24/11/2019 18:39

OP you still haven’t mentioned whether the label on the box was actually a …OP you still haven’t mentioned whether the label on the box was actually addressed to you... I have a feeling you are not telling us something, but maybe that’s just me.

What are you not telling us, Johnny?
bigwheels24/11/2019 18:36

As stated above, I start recording if I order an expensive as soon as I …As stated above, I start recording if I order an expensive as soon as I get a knock on the door.And while unboxing it.If left on the door step I still record unboxing.I had a £300 sat nav left on the doorstep for 3 days and Dixon’s wondered why when I got home it had disappeared.Ordered an IPad Pro off eBay and got a pair of slippers instead.5 minutes after uploading the unboxing to eBay I was refunded.

Did you send the slippers to yourself after ordering the iPad Pro?
JohnnyRoller24/11/2019 18:39

OP you still haven’t mentioned whether the label on the box was actually a …OP you still haven’t mentioned whether the label on the box was actually addressed to you... I have a feeling you are not telling us something, but maybe that’s just me.

Label is addressed to me. Weight mentioned is 2.5kgs. There is no further detail on the label and no invoice inside.

I am not hiding anything or lying. In fact, I ordered one MacBook Air and one MacBook Pro on Friday night from Warehouse. Air was delivered by Royal mail yesterday and postman took my signature, it was all fine. This strange issue happens with Macbook Pro today.
fanpages24/11/2019 18:45

What are you not telling us, Johnny?

That I think the OP has a secret dog called Gary living in the shed, Gary ordered the dog biscuits and movie

... Gary took the MacBook by mistake, and is now at the vets having an operation to remove the MacBook.
bigwheels24/11/2019 18:36

As stated above, I start recording if I order an expensive as soon as I …As stated above, I start recording if I order an expensive as soon as I get a knock on the door.And while unboxing it.If left on the door step I still record unboxing.I had a £300 sat nav left on the doorstep for 3 days and Dixon’s wondered why when I got home it had disappeared.Ordered an IPad Pro off eBay and got a pair of slippers instead.5 minutes after uploading the unboxing to eBay I was refunded.

So you video the delivery driver at your door and then the unpacking in a single scene, with a timestamp running. That is the only way it could be used as evidence, anything less and your making yourself look incredibly dodgy.
This is why you must video yourself packing any items sold on ebay etc, don't ever send more than one item per package and don't use a box, wrap in a bag or bubble wrap.
SantoshKaushik24/11/2019 18:48

Label is addressed to me. Weight mentioned is 2.5kgs. There is no further … Label is addressed to me. Weight mentioned is 2.5kgs. There is no further detail on the label and no invoice inside.I am not hiding anything or lying. In fact, I ordered one MacBook Air and one MacBook Pro on Friday night from Warehouse. Air was delivered by Royal mail yesterday and postman took my signature, it was all fine. This strange issue happens with Macbook Pro today.

Further, from my side, I am not asking them to refund me, I am asking them to send me the laptop. It was too good a deal I had found.
SantoshKaushik24/11/2019 18:48

Label is addressed to me. Weight mentioned is 2.5kgs. There is no further …Label is addressed to me. Weight mentioned is 2.5kgs. There is no further detail on the label and no invoice inside.I am not hiding anything or lying...

Wot, not even a barcode or other scanable image? No barcode or similar would have me thinking the legit parcel has been intercepted en route and replaced with a parcel containing the dodgy doggy treats (athough a hybrid Aladdin movie on CD is hardly a treat, but kinda unique and so probably traceable to source).
AndyRoyd24/11/2019 18:56

Wot, not even a barcode or other scanable image? No barcode or similar …Wot, not even a barcode or other scanable image? No barcode or similar would have me thinking the legit parcel has been intercepted en route and replaced with a parcel containing the dodgy doggy treats (athough a hybrid Aladdin movie on CD is hardly a treat, but kinda unique and so probably traceable to source).

There is a barcode on the address label.
JohnnyRoller24/11/2019 18:50

That I think the OP has a secret dog called Gary living in the shed, Gary …That I think the OP has a secret dog called Gary living in the shed, Gary ordered the dog biscuits and movie ... Gary took the MacBook by mistake, and is now at the vets having an operation to remove the MacBook.

...he was only supposed to take the tablets. Silly Gary.
SantoshKaushik24/11/2019 18:57

There is a barcode on the address label.

Is the tracking ref also quoted on the label, the tracking ref as quoted in the "track package" section of your Amazon account order history?
Amazon did not agree to send me the laptop, they are rather refunding me, which I don't want. What can I do?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants