Amazon Deliveries - Voluntarily change to weekly

Posted 23rd Mar
I know people will decide that they have prime and will continue to use it for it’s next day benefits. Though I wanted to suggest for others who want to help out a little.

Prime offers the option to have all your deliveries on the same day each week. Rather than have multiple deliveries a week. They will collate them and deliver all in one visit.
This will help limit daily contact, number of drops required and keep people safer.
You still have the option to use a prime next day option if it is something you need urgently. For everything else it defaults to weekly.

At the moment, I’m not fussed about instant consumer gratification. I’ll order what I need and no more. If I can help reduce the amount of times or places that delivery drivers need to go to, it will help reduce the risk of contamination.

In addition, I’ll be leaving my deliveries sitting in the garage for 24h before opening. It isn’t proven to be long enough to kill Covid-19, it will make it no worse. Different surfaces have different times before it naturally dies off.
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
Or you can just wash your hands regardless whether a box is contaminated
AMaky23/03/2020 10:43

Or you can just wash your hands regardless whether a box is contaminated

You can and should.
Still think it’s prudent to take extra precautions.
It’s not like I’m putting my mask, gloves and goggles on! ( that I have for DIY anyway and won’t do much)
when it works, had three orders supposed to come on my amazon day and came early.
I've seen some loo Brushes in stock on prime today with delivery as 20th April ? Think they must be prioritising deliveries . Was hoping to use as an alternative to loo roll.
eslick23/03/2020 10:46

when it works, had three orders supposed to come on my amazon day and came …when it works, had three orders supposed to come on my amazon day and came early.

Always worked for me, you sure u had it done correctly?
deals6923/03/2020 11:29

Always worked for me, you sure u had it done correctly?

Yep, had one coming today and confirmed received an email on Satuday to say dispatched checked and it was coming yesterday, changed it to today.
eslick23/03/2020 12:04

Yep, had one coming today and confirmed received an email on Satuday to …Yep, had one coming today and confirmed received an email on Satuday to say dispatched checked and it was coming yesterday, changed it to today.

Hmm that's quite annoying
Most of the stuff on Amazon now appears to be delivered 20th April....
Can you direct me to this option? I do small orders multiple times a week and this would work well for us.
Put an order in this evening for some USB cables with free delivery 27th March , confirmation now says 25th April!! I'd be glad to go on weekly delivery. Think I'll cancel. Been waiting for chat about 30 mins now - somethings a foot.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 23rd Mar
Just come off chat with Amazon . Looks like all non - essential items will be at least a months delivery , even on Prime.
eslick23/03/2020 10:46

when it works, had three orders supposed to come on my amazon day and came …when it works, had three orders supposed to come on my amazon day and came early.

That's the problem with amazon recently (not just since this outbreak but before too) you order something for a specific day because it your day off for example and it shows up early and it's annoying!
yorkie1223/03/2020 20:43

Just come off chat with Amazon . Looks like all non - essential items will …Just come off chat with Amazon . Looks like all non - essential items will be at least a months delivery , even on Prime.

I ordered a new Echo Show yesterday morning and it came same day. Makes you wonder what they are classing as essential!
Bananabrain24/03/2020 05:41

I ordered a new Echo Show yesterday morning and it came same day. Makes …I ordered a new Echo Show yesterday morning and it came same day. Makes you wonder what they are classing as essential!

Things started to change around 6 o'clock last night.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 24th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants