Amazon Delivery

Found 25th Apr
Is it normal for Amazon delivery drivers to just leave your parcel outside your street door? I was expecting a parcel to be delivered on 23rd but it came early on 22nd. I wasn't in and had no idea. When I went online to check on the 23rd for the tracking details, it said it had been left with the resident. After raising it with Amazon, I learnt that the driver just left it - didn't think about leaving it with a neighbour. By the time i got home the parcel had gone. Amazon have refunded me and told me to reorder but surely that can't be right.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
I believe their business model factors in for losses occures through these typea of issues. What they don't factor in though is the inconvenience or potential impact to the customer by having to re-order.
Edited by: "darlodge" 25th Apr
Get a ring doorbell then you can tell him to give it to your next door neighbour when you are not home.
Original Poster
darlodge48 m ago

I believe their business model factors in for losses occures through these …I believe their business model factors in for losses occures through these typea of issues. What they don't factor in though ia the inconvenience or potential impact to the customer by having to re-order.

Absolutely, which is another problem I had, as one of the items had sold out and no longer available.
mastablasta42 m ago

Get a ring doorbell then you can tell him to give it to your next door …Get a ring doorbell then you can tell him to give it to your next door neighbour when you are not home.

Your assuming they actual will use it.

Had a parcel delivered at work recently, just happened to hear the side gate to the street open, found parcel on the doorstep, bell was never rung.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 25th Apr
mastablasta47 m ago

Get a ring doorbell then you can tell him to give it to your next door …Get a ring doorbell then you can tell him to give it to your next door neighbour when you are not home.

or stick a paper note on the door asking to leave at the neighbours if no answer.
If u didn’t receive the item you ordered and must of needed the item. They would expect you to reorder. U can send to family address if secure and they are in or click and collect if more convenient for you
dorey691 h, 6 m ago

If u didn’t receive the item you ordered and must of needed the item. They …If u didn’t receive the item you ordered and must of needed the item. They would expect you to reorder. U can send to family address if secure and they are in or click and collect if more convenient for you

It would of been more convenient if it came on the day it said it would.
This problem with Amazon deliveries has been reported so many times on here lately. If Amazon can't guarantee a delivery date and buyers can't guarantee when they will be home, why not opt for click and collect. It seems the most logical solution to me.
mastablasta10 h, 58 m ago

And catch the w*nker who stole it
Edited by: "jdddd" 25th Apr
mastablasta11 h, 9 m ago

If the OP lives in an area where a parcel can be stolen, the doorbell will likely be gone before their next delivery. Had a pound shop doorbell many years ago and even that got stolen, hence why I wouldn't buy Ring unless they gave out unlimited free/heavily discounted replacements when stolen.
Edited by: "jamie015" 25th Apr
OBH6UK10 h, 47 m ago

Your assuming they actual will use it. Had a parcel delivered at work …Your assuming they actual will use it. Had a parcel delivered at work recently, just happened to hear the side gate to the street open, found parcel on the doorstep, bell was never rung.

It would pick up the motion so they don’t need to ring the doorbell.
That's why I always order to an Amazon locker or local shop if I can.
I have some delivery driver friends and they get paid on the number of parcels they deliver, they try to delivery 130+ per day
I have my amazon delivery set to leave any deliveries in my back garden it’s way from prying eyes. But had any problems with as of yet ... or for smaller item I as other people have mentioned use a local amazon locked there very handy
Original Poster
jaketheplumber21 h, 41 m ago

This problem with Amazon deliveries has been reported so many times on …This problem with Amazon deliveries has been reported so many times on here lately. If Amazon can't guarantee a delivery date and buyers can't guarantee when they will be home, why not opt for click and collect. It seems the most logical solution to me.

paulj4823 h, 45 m ago

or stick a paper note on the door asking to leave at the neighbours if no …or stick a paper note on the door asking to leave at the neighbours if no answer.

Yes both thoughts are useful but the crux of the issue is that they delivered the day before they have advised. Had they delivered on the Monday as suggested my wife would have been in to collect it, thus no need for click and collect or leaving a note. However, leaving it at the front door on Sunday without trying the neighbours just beggars belief. After speaking to Amazon they advise the correct procedure is to ring the bell, if no one answers and the buyer hasn't left any instructions as to a safe place leave the parcel, the driver should try the neighbour and ultimately that the parcel back and deliver tomorrow - leaving a card supporting the same.
You would have got an email notification to say it was out for delivery, so you should have known. That doesn’t excuse the delivery driver leaving the parcel unattended
Original Poster
pinkleponkle9 m ago

You would have got an email notification to say it was out for delivery, …You would have got an email notification to say it was out for delivery, so you should have known. That doesn’t excuse the delivery driver leaving the parcel unattended

Yes you do, however my email is web based so no you wouldn't unless you constantly keep checking!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants