Found 10th Dec 2016
Hi All,
For the past few days now I've been looking to buy stuff from Amazon and I see that with Prime next day delivery the earliest delivery day is Monday 12th. This has been the same since looking on Wednesday 7th. I now look at the same items and the delivery has been pushed back to Wednesday 14th.
I've contacted Amazon, as I'm paying for a next day service and not being given the option for next day delivery. They've told me that they don't have any carriers to deliver next day and so the earliest delivery day is shown instead. I live in the Midlands, where delivery next day is quite feasible.
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Surely Amazon are now selling a service which they cannot provide?
Thoughts?
Cheers,
Josh

29 Comments

If you check the terms and conditions it probably says they can delay. However if it doesn't expect Amazon to quickly add it as they did yesterday with a student offer. People complained link to terms changed within a few hours

You also might find them increasing the no rush credit, it's usually £3 at this time of year but only £1 at the moment.

Have the same issues and I'm a prime member. Unless you order in the morning before, it's never next day lately.

Remember, if your item is delivered after date given-complain. I did twice this week and got a month extra of prime each time.

Same. I'm on prime and ordered 2 small toys yest in good time for next day delivery and its quoting me a delivery of Wednesday on my despatch email. Couldn't think if I'd opted for the £1 credit and delayed delivery but I'm sure I didn't and I didn't recieve the notification of credit applied so I can't have.
Bit odd really but doesn't seem right that we're not getting a service that we've opted into and paid for

Been delays since the week before Black Friday, stuff I ordered took 10 days to turn up.

Original Poster

bigblackbird

Remember, if your item is delivered after date given-complain. I did … Remember, if your item is delivered after date given-complain. I did twice this week and got a month extra of prime each time.

Thanks for sharing that tip - I have done the same recently and got an extension. Does seem a bit of a con though when they advertise next day and literally can't deliver on it.

And the item is still showing as being available for next day delivery

Original Poster

Might be worth contacting the BBC's Watchdog then if the problem is widespread? What do you think?

joshs213

Thanks for sharing that tip - I have done the same recently and got an … Thanks for sharing that tip - I have done the same recently and got an extension. Does seem a bit of a con though when they advertise next day and literally can't deliver on it.

Well for me, it's just been the last two weeks. Late deliveries and delivery instructions not adhered to (leaving with my neighbours when I requested it not to be).

As long as it's not urgent, use this time to complain every single occurrence to get your extra months.

I have no problems get items next day and within 2 hrs on amazon prime .. that's Manchester though

I might be just lucky but everything I've ordered has in fact arrived next day (made over 10 orders in the last month) so haven't noticed any delays. Did have issues earlier in the year and had my Prime membership extended on two occasions. So as others have said it is worth complaining.

I have had 2 missed appts in last few weeks in London and each time I have contacted them and they have extended Prime for a month so worth complaining each time this happens

I've gone ahead with a couple of orders recently that have had extended "delivery dates" (I think one was 3 or 4 days delivery supposedly) on the supposed next day on prime service - both orders turned up before the planned delivery date. I've given up guessing when things might turn up.

i ordered a phone on prime last friday was due next day on the sat ended up getting lost at (other carrier) got an extra months free prime and a replacement sent out which arrived on the wednesday through royal mail so all in all it took 5 days.

It annoys me when your waiting for your "guaranteed next day delivery" and it gets to 8pm on delivery day and they send you an email saying the driver tried to deliver but you wasn't in, just admit you never came!!!!!

Same here. Ordered item on Thurs morn but it's arriving on Tues. I would hate to be a delivery driver at this time of year.
I do think that we should have an automatic £1 credit applied if they can't deliver as advertised.

Sometimes things come from abroad which is why they take a bit longer

It does state in terms and conditions that delays do occur, one of my items was delayed by a day.
But it swings roundabouts, i ordered a game at 9:15pm last nite, for delivery sunday, yet it arrived this morning. Thats why i dont complain.

Remember it's Christmas and your not the only person ordering goods and your not a priority just a thought

dafunq

Remember it's Christmas and your not the only person ordering goods and … Remember it's Christmas and your not the only person ordering goods and your not a priority just a thought

​But it's ok for them to charge £79 a year for a service they can't provide? I understand it in the week before Christmas or black Friday. I'm sure they could warn before I place my order that there's going to be a delay
Edited by: "jenmumof5" 10th Dec 2016

Original Poster

jenmumof5

​But it's ok for them to charge £79 a year for a service they can't pr … ​But it's ok for them to charge £79 a year for a service they can't provide? I understand it in the week before Christmas or black Friday. I'm sure they could warn before I place my order that there's going to be a delay

I agree poor planning on Amazon's part!

hmm

I ordered hair curling wand last night at 6pm and got it at 8am today

Original Poster

murtgurge

hmmI ordered hair curling wand last night at 6pm and got it at 8am today

Where do you live though if you don't mind me asking?

joshs213

Where do you live though if you don't mind me asking?

north west

Amazon selling something they can't deliver - ta da - note the pun....:)

No problem for me in Essex.

I've noticed some items say, for example, order in next 6 hours for next day delivery, I then order the item a couple of hours later and ive missed the cut off time even though i was within the timescale stated earlier.
I'm also in the midlands.

My delivery was due today. The carrier said he couldn't find my house......... Odd that every other delivery driver finds it ok......on a main road. On a bus route. Sat nav directions are inch-perfect. House number is clear and visible from the road. So my Prime promise won't be fulfilled either. What exactly am I paying for? Just wish companies could be more honest.

One 3 days late and one I cancelled as unable to meet next day offering.

Yeah, prime has gotten poor lately.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?56
    2. Is this laptop any good33
    3. Appliance direct code or voucher22
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...77

See more discussions