Expired

Amazon delivery due today not dispatched?

Found 14th Nov 2017
So on Sunday night I ordered 3 things with next day delivery (which obviously means a Tuesday delivery date).

Today they were supposed to be coming and I checked just now and it says they haven’t been dispatched!

They can only arrive before 8pm according to what it says, and that’s it. I was wondering if anybody had similar issues and if theirs ended up arriving?

If mine doesn’t arrive, would I be able to ask for delivery charges back or would they likely decline?

Obviously it’s rather annoying because they are meant for something else that arrived from Argos today.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
19 Comments
I had the same problem yesterday.

Chat to them via live chat, and if you're a prime member, they'll offer you a 1 month extension on your account, or a £5 gift card.
Lot's of this happening at the mo, Amazon seem to be trying it on & seeing if people complain. I ordered with Prime with guaranteed next day delivery on Friday, email very early Saturday to say delivery was now Monday - moaned and lo & behold it was delivered on the Saturday.
I've had delivery issues in the past, I suspect the drivers sometimes skip me intentionally and don't report it as a failed delivery.

At one time it was so bad I got my subscription extended by several months, the worst time was when they reported it as delivered only to give me the item a couple of days later after they sent out a replacement (meaning I then had to return one).

I only occasionally use next day delivery now and instead opt for the 'saver' delivery and get it sent to work (basically making back my subscription).
Original Poster
adam_holcombe2 h, 11 m ago

I had the same problem yesterday. Chat to them via live chat, and if …I had the same problem yesterday. Chat to them via live chat, and if you're a prime member, they'll offer you a 1 month extension on your account, or a £5 gift card.

I did so and they said they would add £5 to my account, only they never did so now have to contact them again parcel got stuck at the delivery centre place apparently. Not happy at all as amazon was the only place I could find what I wanted and paid extra for it to arrive on time
Original Poster
tech34751 h, 3 m ago

I've had delivery issues in the past, I suspect the drivers sometimes skip …I've had delivery issues in the past, I suspect the drivers sometimes skip me intentionally and don't report it as a failed delivery. At one time it was so bad I got my subscription extended by several months, the worst time was when they reported it as delivered only to give me the item a couple of days later after they sent out a replacement (meaning I then had to return one). I only occasionally use next day delivery now and instead opt for the 'saver' delivery and get it sent to work (basically making back my subscription).

That’s what I did!! Next day delivery and they make it take an extra day instead. Not even been dispatched yet
Original Poster
IamMT1 h, 6 m ago

Lot's of this happening at the mo, Amazon seem to be trying it on & seeing …Lot's of this happening at the mo, Amazon seem to be trying it on & seeing if people complain. I ordered with Prime with guaranteed next day delivery on Friday, email very early Saturday to say delivery was now Monday - moaned and lo & behold it was delivered on the Saturday.

At least they emailed. I wasn’t emailed at all, and it was only when I realised that they hadn’t emailed me delivery confirmation that something was up and it said it hadn’t dispatched! Still is saying expected today even though that’s a load of bs now because I contacted them
I had problems last week, same issues. They just gave me £10 amazon credit, but cannot find it on my account
dorey6917 m ago

I had problems last week, same issues. They just gave me £10 amazon …I had problems last week, same issues. They just gave me £10 amazon credit, but cannot find it on my account

It will be Amazon promo credit so you can only use it on things sold and delivered by Amazon (mostly overpriced) but Yankee candles are covered (well some are) xx
Original Poster
dorey6936 m ago

I had problems last week, same issues. They just gave me £10 amazon …I had problems last week, same issues. They just gave me £10 amazon credit, but cannot find it on my account

Contacted them and apparently this is why you can’t see it
32434378-i4Pr7.jpg
tech34754 h, 54 m ago

I've had delivery issues in the past, I suspect the drivers sometimes skip …I've had delivery issues in the past, I suspect the drivers sometimes skip me intentionally and don't report it as a failed delivery. At one time it was so bad I got my subscription extended by several months, the worst time was when they reported it as delivered only to give me the item a couple of days later after they sent out a replacement (meaning I then had to return one). I only occasionally use next day delivery now and instead opt for the 'saver' delivery and get it sent to work (basically making back my subscription).

So what extra benefit does using saver delivery give instead of the next day, I just got prime but always select next day
Dolphinzz2 h, 4 m ago

Contacted them and apparently this is why you can’t see it[Image]

Yeah I had two of these £10 credits, it will just come off your next order at checkout,
malnuman3 m ago

So what extra benefit does using saver delivery give instead of the next …So what extra benefit does using saver delivery give instead of the next day, I just got prime but always select next day

Basically you trade not having next day delivery for (typically) £1 digital credit i.e. Amazon Video, Kindle, Music, etc.

If I need something the next day I may still try the next day (pray?) delivery, but if it's something I don't urgently need I'll usually take this option.
Thanks, I never knew this, will be looking at this option next time
tech34758 h, 5 m ago

Amazon's delivery service got so bad that you wanted to extend your subscription for several months?

It's things like this that make me think Amazon Prime customers really are the battered wives of the consumer world.
dxx6 h, 55 m ago

Amazon's delivery service got so bad that you wanted to extend your …Amazon's delivery service got so bad that you wanted to extend your subscription for several months?It's things like this that make me think Amazon Prime customers really are the battered wives of the consumer world.

I use prime for other things e.g. video, I regularly buy things which are less than £20 and as I said I stopped relying on next day delivery.

I basically earned back the cost of my student prime this way either through credit or postage costs.

To be fair, for the more recent occasions i tried next day, they did deliver.
Edited by: "tech3475" 15th Nov 2017
I find having things delivered to an Amazon locker is often more likely to result in a next day delivery. That said, it's only convenient if you have one nearby - I prefer them as I don't have to wait in for Amazon man to turn up and it means they don't bother my neighbours with stuff if they turn up in the 30 nano seconds I'm not available to answer the door
Dolphinzz17 h, 18 m ago

Contacted them and apparently this is why you can’t see it[Image]

They said it’s on the gift voucher section which should be there if I order something
Original Poster
I just received my order today. Two hours earlier than normal time I’d get amazon parcels, so of course I almost missed it (the car had just been parked when we saw the amazon delivery man starting to return to the van because none of the neighbours were in)
I had the same problem and was told that I had been given a month's extension to my prime however the renewal date on my account has not changed. Can anyone who has received this credit confirm how it shows on their account please.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants