Amazon delivery - follow the van feature.

Found 30th Nov 2017
I has a delivery from Amazon today and thought I would check the tracking information. It showed a map which had my house on and the position of the van which was nearby and it said the driver had 7 deliveries before mine.

The van then moved from the road it was on to another and it said 6 deliveries before mine and it turns out all 6 were on the same road.

I then went to my front door and was waiting when the driver pulled up. He was so grateful.

I thought it was a kind of neat feature.
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Hmm didn’t knew they have this feature. Must be new. I’ll try that today while waiting for my new phone. Thanx
DPD have had it years, do Amazon logistics still exist my last couple of parcels where Hermes so maybe they have gone back to using others again
Segata-Sanshiro13 m ago

DPD have had it years, do Amazon logistics still exist my last couple of …DPD have had it years, do Amazon logistics still exist my last couple of parcels where Hermes so maybe they have gone back to using others again

99% my parcels still coming through Amazon logistics.
they have this on Prime Now never seen it on normal amazon
Not on my amazon prime either
Thanks. This will make it sooo easier to carjack.
trainspotting is good too.
I saw/used this last week. Tracked the van until it was my turn, then watched the driver walk up to the front door (on my phone) via my (hduk impulse buy) security camera.
Big brother is watching ....
buddhabelly33 m ago

I saw/used this last week. Tracked the van until it was my turn, then …I saw/used this last week. Tracked the van until it was my turn, then watched the driver walk up to the front door (on my phone) via my (hduk impulse buy) security camera.Big brother is watching ....

Did the screen break?
all I got was an 8am-10pm delivery window and then he still didn't turn up, on the plus side my free trial is now 2 months instead of 1
I just see a "We'll delivery it by 8pm, if will can be bothered".
No info about where the van is or if they've stopped at a lay-by to take a whizz in a bottle
Oooo I have a feature that shows delivered when it wasn't even sent.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell19 m ago

I just see a "We'll delivery it by 8pm, if will can be bothered".No info …I just see a "We'll delivery it by 8pm, if will can be bothered".No info about where the van is or if they've stopped at a lay-by to take a whizz in a bottle

that's a good thing, who gives a flip how many metres the van is from your house, better things to do?
Van delivery updates for me too today.
Was very handy as it was being delivered to my other half's work so I could drop him a text to say it would be with him in a few minutes.
Very handy Amazon, thank you
Great for consumers again crap if you working for them not even time to piss before the boss is on the phone you been at drop 5 to long
larrylightweight8 m ago

Great for consumers again crap if you working for them not even time to …Great for consumers again crap if you working for them not even time to piss before the boss is on the phone you been at drop 5 to long

I'm sure this was possible in the past for their own use? GPS, deliveries logged, etc.
Edited by: "rev6" 30th Nov 2017
davewave8 h, 10 m ago

that's a good thing, who gives a flip how many metres the van is from your …that's a good thing, who gives a flip how many metres the van is from your house, better things to do?

well I do seeing as they have started delivering here about 8.30pm most days now, at least I will know if I can go out.
Weirdly they sent a £5 small item by DPD today so got the delivery window etc with it.
Shame thy didn't send the 2 tablets I ordered last week this way, they might not have ended up 4 days late.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions