Amazon delivery problems

Found 18th Dec 2017
Is anyone else having issues with Amazon at all? I am a prime member and so many of my Christmas presents haven't been delivered yet even though they all say dispatched!! Amazon are useless too when you speak to them. Wondering whether there is a bigger issue or whether I'm just having a bit of bad luck atm.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
I think that they are dropping the ball a bit. I order from them very regularly and since black Friday I have not got anything next day. They even lost my warehouse £200 hoover! But they are still great at compensation.

I prefer to get things correctly and on time instead of being compensated but that may be just me.
31 Comments
Just contact them on live help and complain in a nice way and you'll get a free month of prime plus answers
Original Poster
gillsypop1 m ago

Just contact them on live help and complain in a nice way and you'll get a …Just contact them on live help and complain in a nice way and you'll get a free month of prime plus answers

Very interesting thank you
I e mail them and I’ve had a few free months, cash and vouchers from them, always complain when your prime order doesn’t arrive in time as it’s what your paying for .. good luck
gillsypop5 m ago

Just contact them on live help and complain in a nice way and you'll get a …Just contact them on live help and complain in a nice way and you'll get a free month of prime plus answers

I also got a free £10 gift credit the other day, but getting a month free is standard, I think the prime I use has had about 6 months free between us on our group.
Original Poster
Really helpful thank you
harlzter34 m ago

I also got a free £10 gift credit the other day, but getting a month free …I also got a free £10 gift credit the other day, but getting a month free is standard, I think the prime I use has had about 6 months free between us on our group.

I've had credit a couple of times also sometimes the drivers pretend they tried to deliver and say I wasn't home even though I was home all day and night, chancers. I've only a week left on mine, then as I'm now enrolled on a course I can get student prime for cheaper yay lol
Edited by: "gillsypop" 18th Dec 2017
I order from them quite a bit and not had any problems - but just contact them I’m sure they’ll help
This may be of interest to some... bbc.co.uk/new…898
Original Poster
cdm222 m ago

This may be of interest to some... …This may be of interest to some... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42394898

That's very interesting. Our parcel was supposed to be here on the 14th and still nothing so I will definitely contact them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
laurendempseymannionjones4 m ago

That's very interesting. Our parcel was supposed to be here on the 14th …That's very interesting. Our parcel was supposed to be here on the 14th and still nothing so I will definitely contact them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

I ordered loads from them and 90% of it arrives perfectly and for the 10% that doesn't I find their customer service really good.

You have a really long name btw.
Original Poster
g8spur9 m ago

I ordered loads from them and 90% of it arrives perfectly and for the 10% …I ordered loads from them and 90% of it arrives perfectly and for the 10% that doesn't I find their customer service really good.You have a really long name btw.

Haha I think it might be linked to an old Facebook name I had. The last two names aren't mine :). I order from here regularly but 5 out of the 8 things I've ordered since November have been delayed or not arrived. Usually they are brilliant.
I think that they are dropping the ball a bit. I order from them very regularly and since black Friday I have not got anything next day. They even lost my warehouse £200 hoover! But they are still great at compensation.

I prefer to get things correctly and on time instead of being compensated but that may be just me.
People keep talking about 'live help'. What is it and can I get it on mobile app? I've been plagued by 7 days for next day delivery and one item went walkabout round the country before it got too it's, 10 miles from the local distribution centre where it went THREE times before being dispatched to the wrong place and finally on the fourth time it made it to us.
Edited by: "mrty" 18th Dec 2017
Speaking from experience (and I'm also a Prime member) I start off being nice (usually on a live chat so I have time to think of my response, I'm terrible for on the spot responses..!) and if the chat isn't going anywhere I swiftly move it along and start battering out such things as ..
''I DON'T PAY 'X' AMOUNT PER YEAR FOR PRIME TO GET THE SAME SERVICE AS THOSE WHO DON'T PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE''
or
''I bought the item under the condition that it would be delivered as stated 'Next working day' (or whatever it actually states) and you have failed to deliver my item(s)''
and then bash on about a breach of contract between them as the seller and me as a buyer and how they can not claim they will sell you something in such a way and them not fulfill this as that's technically false advertising..

Usually they get the point and send out a replacement with the promise of it being with you the next day or they will offer you a gift card with the amount of the purchase on (if you get the item eventually too, it's a bonus) or if you insist, they will refund the full amount to your card.

A lot of the time they will try divert the chat and play off that there must have been a mistake and perhaps your items were lost in transit or the delivery could not be made because of whatever reason and then promise to chase it up and assure you it will be with you soon, but that's not what you pay to be a prime member for, just know your rights.. I know some people don't want to be d*cks but at the end of the day you're paying for a service that you're not receiving.. that's like going to a gym and there being a room full of rubber ducks.........
Most frustrating thing I find is when they don’t leave it in your safe place and deliver it to a neighbour. Though each time it happens I get a free month. Still rather not have to deal with my neighbour though. That is a story for another day lol
Same problem here. Ordered 14 items on 12th, only 1 has been delivered. Got email for 13 others, saying they will try tomorrow. Live chat didn’t offer anything. They promised it won’t happen again.
gillsypop2 h, 2 m ago

This.. I did it when my xbox one x didn't arrive on release day and got a 30 day buff onto my prime and £20 amazon credit!
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 19th Dec 2017
mrty49 m ago

People keep talking about 'live help'. What is it and can I get it on …People keep talking about 'live help'. What is it and can I get it on mobile app? I've been plagued by 7 days for next day delivery and one item went walkabout round the country before it got too it's, 10 miles from the local distribution centre where it went THREE times before being dispatched to the wrong place and finally on the fourth time it made it to us.

Google Amazon chat and you will find it.

There's another thread about this. Too much effort to go through the woes again.
Don't have prime, i just went to doddle to pick up some books i ordered and tne two lots of Christmas presents i ordered before that which were delivered to my door arrived a few days earlier then the estimated date
I’ve had this issue with prime deliveries being late

I emailed them and they gave me a couple of orders for free and extended prime free of charge

Can’t fault them for customer service. Try having a moan and see what you get
It's Xmas. I don't care that I pay for Prime. At this time of year you have to expect thing to take longer. There's delivery people working all the hours god sends to get things out. There are more important things in the world. Kicking off will only result in people having to work longer hours and getting home later to their families.
A week or so ago a Prime delivery didn't turn up on time and Amazon refunded me £10 off the order (£50). After that my wife had a delivery over £100 (3 large boxes) just left on the doorstep and couriers said "handed to residents" she only got £5 refund but at least the whole order was there still.
Edited by: "CyDoNiA" 19th Dec 2017
Since Black Friday they've been neither here nor there. Returns taking over two weeks to process. So far i've accumalted about 8 months of free prime.

I've also had issues since End of September where they wont deliver on weekends ( I live in London) but they cant explain why!
Edited by: "samosa" 19th Dec 2017
Bit of a mess at the moment had 10 items delivered late recently and some of those were dispatched then told delivered today then tomorrow and then 4 days later.

I think hunk in the new year next day delivery will be scrapped especially as the advertising standards agency are threatening to look into them.
Edited by: "eslick" 19th Dec 2017
they are generally rubbish now, prime items delivered late, left on step(front door directly on the pavement), packaging not consistent(some wrapped up well others just thrown in a box), left with any neighbour despite asking for a specific. But as has been said before on complaint, will give you a free month.
BigDaveH2 h, 51 m ago

It's Xmas. I don't care that I pay for Prime. At this time of year you …It's Xmas. I don't care that I pay for Prime. At this time of year you have to expect thing to take longer. There's delivery people working all the hours god sends to get things out. There are more important things in the world. Kicking off will only result in people having to work longer hours and getting home later to their families.

That's fine, but don't promise next day delivey on the individual product you are purchasing as you purchase it if you can't guarantee it. The major reason I use Amazon is so I can plan what day my orders are arriving, because boy oh boy do the retired neighbours kick up a fuss if they have to get up and and answer the door for one of my deliveries (and to be fair, why should they?). If they don't turn up that day then they shouldn't be guaranteeing it during purchase.

If it's going to turn up on a random day, there are other online retailers that I can use that offer similar prices (and offer cashback :)), but I can't guarantee a delivery day with. I'll use one of them instead.
eayragt44 m ago

That's fine, but don't promise next day delivey on the individual product …That's fine, but don't promise next day delivey on the individual product you are purchasing as you purchase it if you can't guarantee it. The major reason I use Amazon is so I can plan what day my orders are arriving, because boy oh boy do the retired neighbours kick up a fuss if they have to get up and and answer the door for one of my deliveries (and to be fair, why should they?). If they don't turn up that day then they shouldn't be guaranteeing it during purchase.If it's going to turn up on a random day, there are other online retailers that I can use that offer similar prices (and offer cashback :)), but I can't guarantee a delivery day with. I'll use one of them instead.

Absolutely but we don't live in a perfect world do we? I know I've let people down on occasions when I've promised not to. I've made every effort not to but that just isn't the way of the world.
Original Poster
Update- gave them a call and they have promised that they will be delivered today so fingers crossed they are otherwise there will be a lot of unhappy people over Christmas. Received 2 months worth of free prime and £20 back from my orders. Wouldn't usually complain but some of the next day delivery items are now nearly 2 weeks late!! Thank you for all of your help
Amazon has been terrible for me lately. Still waiting for delayed orders from the start of the month.

Called up up a fair few times and I’m always told that it will be with me tomorrow and it never is.

Every time I complain they give me a free month of prime - but what is the point of prime if they can’t bloody deliver when they say they will.
BigDaveH8 h, 51 m ago

It's Xmas. I don't care that I pay for Prime. At this time of year you …It's Xmas. I don't care that I pay for Prime. At this time of year you have to expect thing to take longer. There's delivery people working all the hours god sends to get things out. There are more important things in the world. Kicking off will only result in people having to work longer hours and getting home later to their families.

Well that's nice of you but Amazon shouldn't advertise they can deliver at a certain time if they can't. People with prime are paying for a service they aren't getting. It doesn't matter what time of year it is.
Agreed. They shouldn't. I suspect on the grand scale of things they do over 99% of the time. I don't know any company worldwide that delivers on its promises 100% of the time or any person for that matter. Like I said there are more important things in the world than expecting perfection.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants