Amazon despatch email question

Posted 25th Jun 2020
Hi all. For the last couple of months i've noticed that my Amazon dispatch emails don't detail what has actually been dispatched; it just has the order ID, and then underneath 'order summary' it only lists how much the item costs.

In the past it used to show what item i had actually ordered aswell.

Not a major issue it's just i order so much from amazon that it'd be useful if they told me what had been dispatched.

Is this the case for everyone else - is there some hidden setting that i need to change?

thanks
Community Updates
9 Comments
I think maybe it's a security thing, just in case someone sees the email. Mine i the same. Just log in to the app to see what it is.
Same here. Must be a recent change? Also a bit annoying if the order is dispatched in several packages and it’s difficult to tell what’s been sent and what hasn’t.
I read it was cos certain email providers can snoop on shopping habbits, see whats popular being sold etc. hence why amazon have stopped displaying whats been sold
OURworldhasended25/06/2020 18:16

I read it was cos certain email providers can snoop on shopping habbits, …I read it was cos certain email providers can snoop on shopping habbits, see whats popular being sold etc. hence why amazon have stopped displaying whats been sold

You mean big G.. snooping us. No way.

I read it was cos certain email providers can snoop on shopping habbits, …I read it was cos certain email providers can snoop on shopping habbits, see whats popular being sold etc. hence why amazon have stopped displaying whats been sold

It was done so that only Alexa can snoop, and not Amazon's competition.
Then you get a courier saying we are delivering your parcel! Not a sausage from which retailer?? Yeah thanks m8.
splatsplatsplat25/06/2020 20:01

Then you get a courier saying we are delivering your parcel! Not a sausage …Then you get a courier saying we are delivering your parcel! Not a sausage from which retailer?? Yeah thanks m8.

The Amazon app pops up a notification when the driver is a few stops away.
This is a pain to be honest. I posted the same discussion just now but it was removed by mods as duplicate post.

It used to be very useful to search in the email client for previously ordered items. But that is not possible now. Any idea if this is a deliberate decision by Amazon?

the strange thing is my order confirmation emails still show what has been ordered so the email providers could still snoop if they wanted to. There must be some reason for amazon doing this, it’s just a bit frustrating as a customer!
Post a comment
@
    Text