Amazon "Dispatching Now"...

Found 5th Sep 2013
Is it me or is Amazon's new free delivery service shockingly bad? I ordered an item on Sunday and within a few hours the status had changed to "Dispatching Now". It's Thursday morning and it's still "Dispatching Now" apparently. Previously I don't remember an in stock item order ever taking more than 24 hours to dispatch.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Is it amazon or a trader? Has the due date passed?

Banned
I had the same for a keyboard I ordered. I queried it on their livechat service (as the item had dropped in price by £4 since ordering).

Within 5 minutes they had knocked the difference off in price and upgraded delivery to 1st class (from Free super saver) for free.

Can't complain!
Original Poster
Alfonse

Is it amazon or a trader? Has the due date passed?

It's Amazon themselves and no it hasn't.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/268/148/1a3.jpg
idx11

It's Amazon themselves and no it hasn't.

then nothing to complain about, you accepted the due delivery date and its free.

1st world issues........
No problem here...
Original Poster
Alfonse

then nothing to complain about, you accepted the due delivery date and … then nothing to complain about, you accepted the due delivery date and its free.1st world issues........

I was wondering if this dispatch time is standard now for their free delivery service, or is this an anomoly. I haven't ordered from Amazon in a while and previously the 2 things I liked most about them was their great customer service and quick dispatch times.
Prime service not much better, ordered 2 items a week ago, one has just turned up (city link 24 hour service) and the other is being replaced as presumed lost in post.(sent special delivery) Both items marked for next day delivery.This is happening more and more, my prime service officially expired months ago and i will not be renewing, still getting prime as with so many lost /delayed items they add a month each time to your renewal.
KillFelix

I had the same for a keyboard I ordered. I queried it on their livechat … I had the same for a keyboard I ordered. I queried it on their livechat service (as the item had dropped in price by £4 since ordering).Within 5 minutes they had knocked the difference off in price and upgraded delivery to 1st class (from Free super saver) for free.Can't complain!

Evidently from the rest of your post you can complain and its worth doing so too.
Must be a pretty heavy box.
can't fault Amazon, if I want something quickly I'll buy off someone sending same day via first class on ebay or just pay for faster Amazon delivery
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions