Amazon e-vouchers - you can't sell them on here

Found 2nd Jan 2010
Hi,
Just thought it might help if it was made clear that amazon e vouchers cannot be sold on here.
You can sell vouchers but only 'physical' ones, hopefully this will stop people wasting their time trying to sell them and putting wanted threads up for them. Will hopefully make the mods jobs a bit easier too

14 Comments

Anyone who uses the For Sale/Trade should read the guidelines first and it is mentioned in there......

Prohibited Trades. The following items must not be listed.
*Weapons
*Medicines / Age Restricted Products
*Copied Media
*Console Cards / Pandora type batteries/PS3 Jailbreak Devices
*Alcohol
*Tobacco / accessories
*Illegal Substances
*Sexually Explicit Items
*Non Transferable Items including Gaming/Adword Accounts
*Items without an rrp, e.g. games marked as promo only or split bundles where no price comparison is valid.
*Cable TV Boxes
*Rail Tickets
*Football Tickets
*Vouchers with minimum spend, next to no resale value or available in electronic format only.
*Currency / money exchange

Original Poster

gari189

Anyone who uses the For Sale/Trade should read the guidelines first and … Anyone who uses the For Sale/Trade should read the guidelines first and it is mentioned in there......Prohibited Trades. The following items must not be listed. *Weapons*Medicines / Age Restricted Products*Copied Media*Console Cards / Pandora type batteries/PS3 Jailbreak Devices*Alcohol*Tobacco / accessories*Illegal Substances*Sexually Explicit Items*Non Transferable Items including Gaming/Adword Accounts*Items without an rrp, e.g. games marked as promo only or split bundles where no price comparison is valid.*Cable TV Boxes*Rail Tickets*Football Tickets*Vouchers with minimum spend, next to no resale value or available in electronic format only.*Currency / money exchange

Unfortunately people don't seem to be reading these rules and are wrongly assuming they can sell any sort of vouchers

Emzy81

Unfortunately people don't seem to be reading these rules and are wrongly … Unfortunately people don't seem to be reading these rules and are wrongly assuming they can sell any sort of vouchers

Well they should be reading them - otherwise they will fall foul of the bumping rule or increase the risk of getting scammed. Unfortunately as you say people don't bother reading them.....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/updated-hotukdeals-for-sale-forum-r/63512
Edited by: "gari189" 2nd Jan 2010

Original Poster

gari189

Well they should be reading them - otherwise they will fall foul of the … Well they should be reading them - otherwise they will fall foul of the bumping rule or increase the risk of getting scammed. Unfortunately as you people don't bother reading them.....[url=http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/updated-hotukdeals-for-sale-forum-r/63512]http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/updated-hotukdeals-for-sale-forum-r/63512[/url]

Yes i know they should be and Im sure a lot do but some obviously aren't or are a bit confused. The mods are very busy which means some prohibited items are slipping through and getting sold before a mod sees.
So I thought a heads up here about the vouchers might help minimise this

Out of curiosity, why can't you sell vouchers by email? So long as you follow the rules I don't see why this is any more risky than buying a paper voucher.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Out of curiosity, why can't you sell vouchers by email? So long as you … Out of curiosity, why can't you sell vouchers by email? So long as you follow the rules I don't see why this is any more risky than buying a paper voucher.

I think its because the seller cannot prove they have posted them (recorded delivery etc..)

Emzy81

I think its because the seller cannot prove they have posted them … I think its because the seller cannot prove they have posted them (recorded delivery etc..)

What about sending voucher details through the PM system? All messages get logged on there, and the mods can read them can't they?
I just don't understand why, and would like to know, it just seems so long as you follow the normal rules it's the same level of risk as posting - in fact probably less as it won't get lost in the post.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

What about sending voucher details through the PM system? All messages … What about sending voucher details through the PM system? All messages get logged on there, and the mods can read them can't they?I just don't understand why, and would like to know, it just seems so long as you follow the normal rules it's the same level of risk as posting - in fact probably less as it won't get lost in the post.

Good point, maybe a mod will come in and be able to explain

I think you can still trade amazon vouchers though...

Original Poster

tomwatts

I think you can still trade amazon vouchers though...

No you can't

gari189

Anyone who uses the For Sale/Trade should read the guidelines first and … Anyone who uses the For Sale/Trade should read the guidelines first and it is mentioned in there......Prohibited Trades. The following items must not be listed. *Weapons*Medicines / Age Restricted Products*Copied Media*Console Cards / Pandora type batteries/PS3 Jailbreak Devices*Alcohol*Tobacco / accessories*Illegal Substances*Sexually Explicit Items*Non Transferable Items including Gaming/Adword Accounts*Items without an rrp, e.g. games marked as promo only or split bundles where no price comparison is valid.*Cable TV Boxes*Rail Tickets*Football Tickets*Vouchers with minimum spend, next to no resale value or available in electronic format only.*Currency / money exchange

Banned

if people aren't going to read the rules, they sure as hell wont be reading some random misc thread

Banned

evouchers are not pemitted for sale. We have however relaxed the voucher rules as long as the seller can prove that the codes exist in paper/card format. However buyer and seller may agree to exchange the code via email as long as there is a physical item to start with.

Evouchers are much harder to trace if only bought and resold electronically.

It is really silly because either way you can still get scammed if the person doesn't post the physical voucher after being paid you are still out of pocket. You either post first or pay first. If its electronic the seller just sends the code first and the buyer just uses it straight away surely, and then pays.

Original Poster

Thanks for coming in and explaining aScottishBloke
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A christmas wish2032
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)76606
    3. Is Black Friday a big con!2740
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread434914925

See more discussions