Amazon Echo £119 tomorrow (maybe?)

amazon.co.uk/dp/…IE4

Messing around with URLs on Amazon's site I found this picture:

images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/ima…jpg

Its the same size as their other picture blocks.

Dot will be £39.99 (Thanks TonyLeMesmer)

50 Comments

yeah messing around with URLs... you probably hacked amazon site . have some heat
Edited by: "arma_gera" 24th Nov 2016

Swap the word echo for dot in the URL and it shows £39.99 for the Echo Dot.

Original Poster

TonyLeMesmer

Swap the word echo for dot in the URL and it shows £39.99 for the Echo … Swap the word echo for dot in the URL and it shows £39.99 for the Echo Dot.

I am genuinely intrigued how did you "mess around with URLs"?
Great deal if correct.

Ill be getting the dot if its £39.99

Got one of these as a Prime member promotion. Excellent piece of kit and sound quality is brilliant.

I expected it to go back down to £99 again.

Dj CUE

I am genuinely intrigued how did you "mess around with URLs"? :{Great … I am genuinely intrigued how did you "mess around with URLs"? :{Great deal if correct.

Know what you're doing first of all

Although I am not completely happy with Amazon listening all the time.

It'll be £119 or £99 for Prime members.

If this is true il be all over this like a rash I am still annoyed I didn't bite at £99.99

supermod

Moved to misc as a heads up as nothing is confirmed as yet and images could relate to expired offers etc, thanks

I will vote hot tomorrow, maybe (_;)

Dj CUE

Turns me on.

Original Poster

samesz07

I will vote hot tomorrow, maybe (_;)

Hey Alexa, remind me to check samesz07 voted hot !

sigma

heads up

Thanks I loves heads ups.

Dj CUE

I'm sure you could add some of this to your basket at the same time!

Editor

Road trip to Havant, anyone?

http://i.imgur.com/CkVbFjF.png

Original Poster

Going to reserve one in Argos incase they discount it more though

Banned

Sick to death of seeing the advert on sky sports for the thing.

''Play my rainy day play list''

**** off!

EDEN188

Got one of these as a Prime member promotion. Excellent piece of kit and … Got one of these as a Prime member promotion. Excellent piece of kit and sound quality is brilliant.

can I please understand how you use it, I am a Prime member and do you mainly use it for music from Prime?

Any point in getting an Echo Dot without an Echo ?

Banned

davewave

can I please understand how you use it, I am a Prime member and do you … can I please understand how you use it, I am a Prime member and do you mainly use it for music from Prime?

It's tied to amazon basically, plays a bit of music and answers questions. That's about it.

MrScotchBonnet

Sick to death of seeing the advert on sky sports for the thing.''Play my … Sick to death of seeing the advert on sky sports for the thing.''Play my rainy day play list''**** off!

that made me laugh, but what about buster?

nathan3007

Know what you're doing first of all

I just looked at the amazon website and figured it out. I thought the OP was just randomly guessing what might be on offer but you can clearly see what is coming up soon so changing one word to the new product in a URL is fairly simple.

davewave

Same thing Dave,without the speaker. Just use your own bluetooth speaker to pair it to, or you can connect via a 3.5mm jack if you want.

MrScotchBonnet

Sick to death of seeing the advert on sky sports for the thing.''Play my … Sick to death of seeing the advert on sky sports for the thing.''Play my rainy day play list''**** off!

'Playing it's raining men' no no, 'rainy day playlist'

davewave

Yes.... the Dot is the brain (and has some speaker functionality), and you can hook it up to a larger speaker via a 3.5mm cable. Mine's attached to a Pure digital radio. The Echo has received average reviews as a speaker system, but if it's £99 that's reasonable

Slim Hamster

Yes.... the Dot is the brain, and you can hook it up to a speaker via a … Yes.... the Dot is the brain, and you can hook it up to a speaker via a 3.5mm cable. Mine's attached to a Pure digital radio. The Echo has received average reviews as a speaker system, but if it's £99 that's reasonable.

Since Amazon monitor this site we should be saying £79 is reasonable

Nice will be picking up the Echo if it is that price tomorrow!

Does the speaker actually sound any good? I just can't imagine it being pleasant.

moneysavingkitten

Does the speaker actually sound any good? I just can't imagine it being … Does the speaker actually sound any good? I just can't imagine it being pleasant.

It's surprisingly not bad X)

I'm assuming you mean the Echo? The Dot only has a tiny speaker, it's designed to be hooked up to a separate speaker.

Edited by: "deeky" 24th Nov 2016

deeky

It's surprisingly not bad X)I'm assuming you mean the Echo? The Dot only … It's surprisingly not bad X)I'm assuming you mean the Echo? The Dot only has a tiny speaker, it's designed to be hooked up to a separate speaker.

Yeah, the big one. I wasn't really buying all the 360 degree sound stuff. My nasty Chinese bluetooth speaker does that and it sounds horrid. What was you say it was like, a TV speaker type of quality or something?

deeky

It's surprisingly not bad X)I'm assuming you mean the Echo? The Dot only … It's surprisingly not bad X)I'm assuming you mean the Echo? The Dot only has a tiny speaker, it's designed to be hooked up to a separate speaker.

Does it go up to eleven ?

Just read a few of the latest reviews and there are some really unimpressed folk on there giving only one star linky

thewongwing101

No visible numbers

deeky

No visible numbers

http://www.vodkacranberryclooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/walks-out-o.gif

Banned

tommyleinen

Just read a few of the latest reviews and there are some really … Just read a few of the latest reviews and there are some really unimpressed folk on there giving only one star linky

Don't buy it then.

thewongwing101

Yes
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553780
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047092
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7071341
    4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?715

See more discussions